Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 18, 2012, 08:58 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,487 Posts
Even if you match up your rpms, I think that with a higher kv motor you will lose some torque.Also, If the motor is rated for 7.4 volts, make sure the batteries are 7.4 volts.
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 06:15 AM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
Ok let us know how it works out.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old May 21, 2012, 12:27 AM
Estonia
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp2 View Post
Even if you match up your rpms, I think that with a higher kv motor you will lose some torque.Also, If the motor is rated for 7.4 volts, make sure the batteries are 7.4 volts.
A123 Li-ion's are even 6.6v - so i'm wondering myself - where the extra energy comes from
maybe because batteries give more Amps - and 30A ESC uses more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescry24 View Post
Ok let us know how it works out.
Sure - will do
BDgravity is offline Find More Posts by BDgravity
Old May 24, 2012, 09:00 PM
Flying the Spyder
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
182 tail dragger mod (1 min 35 sec)
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:58 AM
Lambda chi, Phi Kappa 326
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Quote:

ok holy crap i have been looking for this for several months!!! can you please post pics of the underbelly and describe how you accomplished a paramount build! for instance what did use to secure the landing gear to? (wood, ect.) also, did you attach the steerable tail wheel via rudder or control rod. thank you for your answers i cant wait to do this to mine. i had started the process but became overwhelmed. so i stopped. this is such a help!
Big Red 326 is offline Find More Posts by Big Red 326
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Jul 2011
84 Posts
I just about had a stroke watching three little boys chasing that airplane around. LOL. I'm getting too old to be watching videos like that.
Tim13 is offline Find More Posts by Tim13
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:09 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red 326 View Post
ok holy crap i have been looking for this for several months!!! can you please post pics of the underbelly and describe how you accomplished a paramount build! for instance what did use to secure the landing gear to? (wood, ect.) also, did you attach the steerable tail wheel via rudder or control rod. thank you for your answers i cant wait to do this to mine. i had started the process but became overwhelmed. so i stopped. this is such a help!
I moved my LG just forward of the hatch, with a strip of plywood glued inside to secure to. I could not figure out a good way to attach a tail wheel (even non-steered), so I want to see what he did. I just put on a tail skid.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Jun 02, 2012, 09:49 AM
Flying the Spyder
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
I can email pics but I can't post any from my iPhone. Right now this is the only Internet device I have. I sold the laptop and my pc crashed. maybe I could email to someone and they could post?
Old Jun 02, 2012, 09:53 AM
Flying the Spyder
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
Or I could do a vid and post on yt again.

Oh yea... About the boys chasing the plane around... Lol they know they'll get in trouble if they touch it especially my son. I allow him to touch it when no battery is installed. He is still afraid of the prop, well actually they all are.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:29 PM
Flying the Spyder
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
Ok here's a vid

Main landing gear reposition. (5 min 28 sec)
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:00 PM
Lambda chi, Phi Kappa 326
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
cessna 182 skylane conversion

these are photos from the above build video. Thank you Budd for letting me post these for you. you have been a great help!

again these are not my photos and they refer to the above video.

V/R

Big Red
Big Red 326 is offline Find More Posts by Big Red 326
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:21 PM
Flying the Spyder
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
My first flight with this bird was an unplanned evening flight. I was just going to taxi er around and enjoy the lights and appearance when I got the sudden urge to take er up. I had left the wing struts off to ensure I wouldn't attempt to fly but the calm evening air was too inviting. I did a quick surface movement test and cleared for traffic (car traffic, using a smooth road to t/o and land) powered er up and away she went. As she climbed I thought..."wow, pretty". Then she drifted a little to the left so I corrected w a little right aileron. Then she drifted more to the left so I imputed a bit more aileron. To find out the aileron channel was reversed. Being familiar with this failure by practicing random failures on the sim I quickly had to switch it around in my head. But that decision came too late as the left wing caught a power line. The aircraft spun as if it were a leaf falling in place into a sharp updraft then plummeted to a full on nose dive shattering the windshield and separating the fuse aft of the firewall and fwd of the wing supports.

I picked the grass for quite a while collecting pieces of windshield and replaying the scenario in my head. Then I rebuilt er and said she's been broken so now I don't have to sweat the small scratches and dings
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:24 PM
Camp Verde,AZ
Joined Jan 2007
1,256 Posts
Quote:
My first flight with this bird was an unplanned evening flight. I was just going to taxi er around and enjoy the lights and appearance when I got the sudden urge to take er up. I had left the wing struts off to ensure I wouldn't attempt to fly but the calm evening air was too inviting. I did a quick surface movement test and cleared for traffic (car traffic, using a smooth road to t/o and land) powered er up and away she went. As she climbed I thought..."wow, pretty". Then she drifted a little to the left so I corrected w a little right aileron. Then she drifted more to the left so I imputed a bit more aileron. To find out the aileron channel was reversed. Being familiar with this failure by practicing random failures on the sim I quickly had to switch it around in my head. But that decision came too late as the left wing caught a power line. The aircraft spun as if it were a leaf falling in place into a sharp updraft then plummeted to a full on nose dive shattering the windshield and separating the fuse aft of the firewall and fwd of the wing supports.

I picked the grass for quite a while collecting pieces of windshield and replaying the scenario in my head. Then I rebuilt er and said she's been broken so now I don't have to sweat the small scratches and dings
I don't worry about how mine looks since I had the ESC burn up. The cowl still smells and is scorched, but it sure flys great. You really can't tell there is anything wrong with it at 50 ft up and 50 ft away.LOL

Terry
krazyman is offline Find More Posts by krazyman
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:04 AM
Flying the Spyder
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
Lol. Thats what I said. Nice!
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:08 AM
Flying the Spyder
Joined Mar 2008
302 Posts
Oh yea. I've nosed er in several times since then and I guess my repair was good cause it doesn't show but only the first damage. I did reinforce the firewall and designed a better energy transfer structure.