SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2008, 06:11 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Republicans deserve better from their party.
you're right about that, and what they deserve better is someone who will stick to consistent principle, which always wins for them. anyone can play the mishmash of principles game. What they need to do is engage in sticking to well defined ones.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Nov 04, 2008, 06:13 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
I can't even believe you guys are even considering Palin for 2012. She has absolutely no attaction to moderates and comes across as equally dumb as Bush.
the only folks I've seen the left will not claim are dumb is those who already agree with the left.

In 2012 she would have far more experience than Obama does now (though she already does). She'll do fine.
Old Nov 04, 2008, 06:25 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPSU21
You guys whined the entire 8 years Clinton was in office. The only reason you didn't whine about the election was your margin of loss was so big it didn't matter. If Bush had lost either of the last 2 you guys would be just as bad.

CAN YOU READ?
I am not republican nor democrate just was pointing out a fact!

I did not vote I would not vote for either of these crooks.

Ron paul I would have voted for

I find it funny i see the bush gore thing happening all over again it would be funny ! Write off mccain and give it to obama only to find out in the morning mccain wins

The only reason obama is going to win is that there is finally enough non racist people that want to make history voting the first african american to be president no other reason!

The only good thing coming out of this election is that fact!
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Nov 04, 2008, 06:26 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1
Here's a suggestion for all those "over $250K" earners worried about tax increases: pay your workers more so your taxes won't go up.
I got a better idea; put your money where you mouth is.
Buy my business. You know, the one in which I've put all of my life's efforts and money, the one for which I gave up inumerable things and did without for so long, and took the risks that go with owning and operating a business.

Then YOU pay the (now your) workers more.
By the way, I make "a bit" more than 250K a year, and therefore you should too when you buy me out, so you'll have the priviledge of paying all those higher taxes in support of what you (evidently) voted for.

PM me and I'll put you in touch with my broker. Yes, we can make it happen and you too can watch your American dream evaporate before your very eyes.
But that's OK, because it's "fair". Right?

HF
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Last edited by Highflight; Nov 04, 2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2008, 06:47 PM
USA, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Sep 2000
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribrian
CAN YOU READ?
It's really tough when you don't use any punctuation to understand what you meant.
[QUOTE=chribrian]
I really dont care who wins but you want to talk about republicans have forgotten what winers they are At least they can forget democrates dont stop whining they still whine about gore from 8 yeas ago

[QUOTE]

Republicans still whine about Clinton. They even still complain about Carter on a regular basis. How many years has it been since Carter? A lot more then 8.
RyanPSU21 is offline Find More Posts by RyanPSU21
Old Nov 04, 2008, 06:55 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
[QUOTE=RyanPSU21]It's really tough when you don't use any punctuation to understand what you meant.
[QUOTE=chribrian]
I really dont care who wins but you want to talk about republicans have forgotten what winers they are At least they can forget democrates dont stop whining they still whine about gore from 8 yeas ago

Quote:

Republicans still whine about Clinton. They even still complain about Carter on a regular basis. How many years has it been since Carter? A lot more then 8.

You are only upset that you made a out of yourself
Im outa here whining about punctuation grow up or get a life this is no novel we are writing here Do i need to use punctuation to text also? get with the times i am sorry you cannot read

ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRATE DO I NEED TO REPEAT IT AGAIN ?

I CAN IF YOU NEED ME TOO
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Nov 04, 2008, 06:59 PM
Seattle
Joined Mar 2003
850 Posts
hey guys, try this tag to end a particular quote.

[/QUOTE]
cobalt is offline Find More Posts by cobalt
Old Nov 04, 2008, 07:04 PM
USA, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Sep 2000
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
the only folks I've seen the left will not claim are dumb is those who already agree with the left.

In 2012 she would have far more experience than Obama does now (though she already does). She'll do fine.
More experience in Alaska? It won't come across any better to the rest of us not sitting to the right then it does now. She'll still be saying "you betcha" and "darn straight" and every other stupid thing she does now. She'll still at best be Governor of a state with a lower smaller population then most large cities which to a lot of us doesn't give her experience. The state doesn't even have a large city in it and all the problems that come out of the urban areas. You guys have got to be able to come up with something better then her. You need a candidate that runs a campaign based on his positive points and his plan rather then a campain based mainly on discrediting his opponent. If you guys are always going to claim the moral high road for being a conservative then act like it.

McCain is now in the position that his party and their president screwed it huge the last 8 years. I think 8 years ago I probably would have voted for McCain over Gore. He just has no defense right now for what's been done and can't really distance himself from it. The choice of Palin for VP and is also a large reason now I won't/didn't vote for him.
RyanPSU21 is offline Find More Posts by RyanPSU21
Old Nov 04, 2008, 07:37 PM
Ky
Joined Feb 2003
1,493 Posts
Loving my country and loving who is in power or President are two different things. You haven't heard anyone say they would leave the USA if BO won, have you? We will always stay, and fight for American freedom.
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Nov 04, 2008, 08:33 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,036 Posts
Quote:
They even still complain about Carter on a regular basis. How many years has it been since Carter? A lot more then 8.

That's because Carter did an incredible amount of damage that we are STILL paying for today....bad Intel? Because Carter cut HUMINT assets by over 50% in favor of sattelites...which can't tell you what the look in the sources' eyes was, or what the mood on the ground was. Carter also enraged a lot of pro-fundamentalist groups with the Egypt/Israel Pact, which may have had an impact on those groups starting to target Americans and American interests....these are just a few of his blunders...

OOPS.
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Nov 04, 2008, 08:37 PM
Thank you, Lord
Joined Oct 2008
49 Posts
There's no place for conservatives to go if they want to leave the USA.

If liberals want to leave, they can always find liberal nations like France, Spain, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Italy, the Netherlands, and so many more.

But let's think about where conservatives could go if they wanted to find a more conservative place:

Saudi Arabia

United Arab Emerites.

Iran

Afghanistan

Syria

Turkey (although women there wear bikinis and don't have to cover their heads)

Morroco

Libya

Yemen

Oman

Can you think of any more?
MiKAP is offline Find More Posts by MiKAP
Old Nov 04, 2008, 08:37 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPSU21
More experience in Alaska? It won't come across any better to the rest of us not sitting to the right then it does now. She'll still be saying "you betcha" and "darn straight" and every other stupid thing she does now.
and since that's how you judge someone, that's what i'd expect.

Quote:
She'll still at best be Governor of a state with a lower smaller population then most large cities which to a lot of us doesn't give her experience.
that's funny, being governor of nothing, author of no major, if any, legislation, with transcripts and records that have never been released, and 6 months of senate seems to count.
Old Nov 04, 2008, 08:49 PM
Texas Ranger
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Aug 2004
2,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKAP
If liberals want to leave, they can always find liberal nations like France, Spain, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Italy, the Netherlands, and so many more.
Last time I checked, we (Canadians) had just elected a conservative government for the 2nd straight time.
Neil Walker is offline Find More Posts by Neil Walker
Old Nov 04, 2008, 09:01 PM
Thank you, Lord
Joined Oct 2008
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Walker
Last time I checked, we (Canadians) had just elected a conservative government for the 2nd straight time.

We all know that the conservative Canadians are not conservative by American standards.

Canada isn't a conservative nation. And the conservatives didn't do as well as they hoped up there. It was considered a disappointment.

Heck, didn't you guys legalize pot?
MiKAP is offline Find More Posts by MiKAP
Old Nov 04, 2008, 10:33 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
"I figure if Obama wants to destroy America"
wow you guys really believe that?
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita