HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which is the better aircraft??
Park Zone Vapor 61 56.48%
Park Zone EMber 2 47 43.52%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 04, 2008, 11:01 AM
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Poll
Park Zone Vapor or Park Zone Ember 2

Hey guys, im looking at getting one of these aircraft for xmas from my family and would like to know which one i should get. I have watched alot videos and read alot about both and the both seem like excellent aircraft. I love that ParkZone has come out with an Ember that has DSM2 technology like the Vapor. I have noticed that the Ember is faster then the Vapor, is this true?? How about flying characteristics and maneuvers, what can be done with each, what cant be done and what can one do that the other cant??? Also which one is better at indoor flying, and better at indoor aerobatics??

Thanks,

ChargerF18
ChargerF18 is offline Find More Posts by ChargerF18
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2008, 11:05 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
What is the Ember 2?

From what I have seen, the Vapor is the one to pick for living room flying, the ember might be slightly more aerobatic since the wings probably wont distort so badly under stress (loops, etc) but the Vapor can basically turn 180* in its own length.

The Ember seems like it splits the difference between the Vapor and Citabria for slow speed flying...
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Nov 04, 2008, 11:08 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38
What is the Ember 2?
Same as the Ember, but with DSM2 rx.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Nov 04, 2008, 11:29 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Same as the Ember, but with DSM2 rx.

Jürgen

Ahh.. thanks, Jurgen!

I hope they update the Cessna. That's my favorite airframe of the bunch so far and I have flown them all.
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Nov 04, 2008, 04:17 PM
Advanced District5 Champion!
In the vicinity of the midwest.... home of large lots of land to fly in!!
Joined Mar 2008
2,364 Posts
It dep[ends oin what you want it for. the ember is a smalll backyard park flier, while the vapor is a semi- 3d capable LRF. get the vapor if you have a living room thats at least 12x12, or if hovering is your thing. i find embers more fun outside because the vapor get boring due to being SOOOO slow.
Ironbowser is offline Find More Posts by Ironbowser
Old Nov 06, 2008, 11:52 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
I've heard the Ember can handle a little breeze...that is why I'm getting one! I love my Vapor, but I can't fly it outside if there is the slightest wind. I'm thinking/hoping that the Ember will be capable.
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 06, 2008, 12:14 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbowser
It dep[ends oin what you want it for. the ember is a smalll backyard park flier, while the vapor is a semi- 3d capable LRF. get the vapor if you have a living room thats at least 12x12, or if hovering is your thing. i find embers more fun outside because the vapor get boring due to being SOOOO slow.
that does not bore me...I'm fascinated by the slow flight as a matter of fact

I have plenty of fast planes but only one that will fly as slow as the Vapor
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Nov 06, 2008, 05:02 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,364 Posts
I kind of meant like when pylon racing with other micros. I love slow flight, but I like fast stuff too. (like my stryker)
Old Nov 07, 2008, 01:03 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
793 Posts
I have a Vapor, but not an Ember. I would like to get the Ember2 to fly in the backyard. I can fly the Vapor there, but even the slightest breeze can carry it away, stop it dead in it's tracks, or lift it up much higher than I want it.

This is not knocking the Vapor (I need more skill when there are slight breezes), just that I think the Ember is geared more for backyard flight with slight breezes.

All depends on where you want to fly most of the time.

Mike
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old Nov 07, 2008, 04:06 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,364 Posts
I fly my yapor in wwwaaayyyy more than slight breezes.... I fly mine in 6 mph tops...
Old Nov 07, 2008, 05:44 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Aug 2007
158 Posts
vapor is probably better since its going to get wet outside soon
gandhimtb is offline Find More Posts by gandhimtb
Old Nov 07, 2008, 06:42 PM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,935 Posts
Plus neither of these can fly in the cold. The lipos hit LVC very early due to the cold. So mind as well get the vapor to fly inside.
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Nov 08, 2008, 03:18 AM
Sonora, Califonia
Joined Jan 2002
445 Posts
Hi,
I vote for the Vapor. Once you get some stick time you can fly it outdoors in low wind as stated before. My first Vapor flight was in "Parkflyer no fly wind".
Though I want a Ember too, I like its looks and different flying abilitys.
Also its easier to see the Ember for new flyers.
When it gets below 40F outside, I wrap my lipos with the white flexable packing foam thats 1/16 I think. One layer keeps them warm. Should work for the micro planes, not much in weight added.
Good Flying,
John
MISTERSCOTT is offline Find More Posts by MISTERSCOTT
Old Nov 08, 2008, 12:02 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I find this talk about the Vapor being able to fly in winds (up to 6mph) interesting. Yea, I suppose it could be flown in those conditions, but it wouldn't be any fun imo. It just doesn't penetrate the wind. I've flown my underpowered fixed pitch Esky Honeybee heli in ~15 mph winds. Could I fly it? Yes. Was it fun? Absolutely not!

If I could have just one, it would be the Vapor because of its ability to fly indoors, no doubt. I just don't want the lurkers to think that it's the end all solution for inside/outside. It is not.
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 08, 2008, 12:14 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
793 Posts
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood
Hi Everyone,

I find this talk about the Vapor being able to fly in winds (up to 6mph) interesting. Yea, I suppose it could be flown in those conditions, but it wouldn't be any fun imo. It just doesn't penetrate the wind.

If I could have just one, it would be the Vapor because of its ability to fly indoors, no doubt. I just don't want the lurkers to think that it's the end all solution for inside/outside. It is not.

+1
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433