HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2008, 08:16 PM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
Whoops!
Raptor 30 Jesus bolt - divine intervention?

I finally got my Raptor 30 back in the air again after a long wait for a V1 clutch Had two great flights in the gusty, cold afternoon. However upon picking the heli up after the second flight, the main shaft moved up about 10 mm HOW?WHAT?WHY?WHEN?OMG!!.... no bolt in the bottom of the main gear! If it had dropped out in flight then I'd have lost power to the rotors.......among other more biblically-catastrophic events

GOTTA LOVE THE RAPTOR! My girl gave me that last flight and landed safely before going U/S

So....DO NOT DISRESPECT THE DINO !!

Tach.
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2008, 05:24 PM
Team Basement RC
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2004
430 Posts
You mean the bolt fell out of the main gear AFTER you landed the last flight???

Lucky!

In reality the torque loads applied musta kept the bolt tight. Good thing you didnt try a manuever that unloaded the mains or the bolt would have slipped out when the load was off!!
max1 is offline Find More Posts by max1
Old Nov 03, 2008, 08:09 AM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,904 Posts
preflight preflight preflight!!! I don't fly like I used to but I used to check EVERY bolt and nut for tightness about twice a month and ALWAYS do a preflight. gotta love the raptors, you got lucky!

Brandon
helifrek is online now Find More Posts by helifrek
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing!