SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:45 AM
Joined Aug 2006
9 Posts
Discussion
Black Stork OSD Current Sensor Calibration Question:)

Hi guys,
Quick question for Black Stork OSD owners:

In the current sensor calibration menu, what does the "Full Scale" thing mean???

Thanks
danje is offline Find More Posts by danje
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:59 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2004
712 Posts
U need to adjust the "full scale" so the Black stork show u the same currentdraw at full power as the current meter.

//Matte
Impulze is offline Find More Posts by Impulze
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:05 AM
I'm an Arizona WingNut!
United States, NM, Rio Rancho
Joined Jan 2007
317 Posts
I am not sure what "Full Scale" Means I asked avionicsRc a while back and got no replies.
Does anybody else have issues with the ODS? I updated the firm ware to 1.4 and I have lost one of the screen views. When flying you should be able to move between what you want to see on the screen. I no longer have the first one that shows battery mah for both camera pack and flight pack as seen here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post10840405 post 96. avionicsRc does not answer emails. Some times I show 200+ sats and the numbers and letters are still off the screen (1.4 was supose to fix that). I guess it is true, you get what you pay for.
IFLYRCAZ is offline Find More Posts by IFLYRCAZ
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:46 AM
Zwolle, the Netherlands
Joined Aug 2005
75 Posts
Well, I also upgraded to firmware version 1.4 because the text was off-screen. I must say that the text is more visible than before the upgrade, but still not 100% visible, depending on the input device (tv, monitor, vcr).

I also have lost one of the screen views, but that doesn't bother me too much.

What I do find annoying is the fact that during flight the displayed altitude and starting position seem to reset, resulting in a negative altitiude of sometimes 30 meters when I'm at ground level. It looks as if the GPS looses connection, reconnects, and uses that position as it's new starting point. Loosing the starting position is pretty annoying when you want to fly back using the arrow in the OSD...
I moved the gps antenna 50 cm away from the video tx (2.4 gHz) to avoid possible influence of the tx on the gps reception, but that didn't have the desired effect.
Before taking of the BSOSD sees 6-7 satellites. This should be enough for an accurate altitude determination I hope?

I haven't reported this to AvionicRC yet , but I must say that Eladio responded quickly to the previous problems I reported to him.
GertB is offline Find More Posts by GertB
Old Oct 31, 2008, 09:53 AM
FPV Flyer
Europe/Italy
Joined Jun 2007
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GertB
sometimes 30 meters when I'm at ground level. It looks as if the GPS looses connection, reconnects, and uses that position as it's new starting point. Loosing the starting position is pretty annoying when you want to fly back usin
It could be a serious problem!

I hope that the Returning Home position should be writed once time when OSD is turned on.

If it write the Return Home positions every time the GPS was fixed this will cause a great problem to the navigation.

My Black Stork upgraded to FW 1.4 has the same problem: some caracters still remain too near to the screen border, but this version is better than previous one.

Stefano
biv2533 is offline Find More Posts by biv2533
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:45 AM
Zwolle, the Netherlands
Joined Aug 2005
75 Posts
Hi Stefano,

Do you have any problems with the BSOSD concerning the accuracy of the displayed altitude? Perhaps also experienced a reset of the starting point? How many GPS sats sats does your BSOSD find? Too bad the sat count cannot be displayed during flight, that could help me rule out some causes.
Sorry for all those qestions, just trying to determine if the problems I experience are structural, or if they are related to my fpv hardware.

Gert
GertB is offline Find More Posts by GertB
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:25 PM
I'm an Arizona WingNut!
United States, NM, Rio Rancho
Joined Jan 2007
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GertB
Hi Stefano,

Do you have any problems with the BSOSD concerning the accuracy of the displayed altitude? Perhaps also experienced a reset of the starting point? How many GPS sats sats does your BSOSD find? Too bad the sat count cannot be displayed during flight, that could help me rule out some causes.
Sorry for all those qestions, just trying to determine if the problems I experience are structural, or if they are related to my fpv hardware.

Gert
I have the same issues and I have sent many emails to AvionicRC with out any replies. I have also asked them to add the sat count to the display. So far I am not impressed with AvionicRC. I understand they have othe things to do but you would think that if they relese a new product that has bugs they would respond since it appears that this is still a beta product.
IFLYRCAZ is offline Find More Posts by IFLYRCAZ