HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by balesse, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:24 PM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
730 Posts
Discussion
Night Flying with the Carbon Prime

Here's my AceSim Carbon Prime all set for night flying. The video is some of the initial flights before I added lights to the tail.

Night Flying Carbon Prime

This is a great plane, fun to build, fun to fly, and you can take it apart (to almost any level that you like) and travel with it as well!
balesse is offline Find More Posts by balesse
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:48 AM
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Mar 2006
438 Posts
I would brighten up the tail abit for more orientation!

Andrew
andrewtexas123 is offline Find More Posts by andrewtexas123
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:26 AM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
730 Posts
One of the pics and the video is from before I added lights to the tail. And even the one picture with lights in the tail has the wing covering up the lights in the rudder, so that you can't even see it. I flew it the other night with the tail lights and didn't have problems, although you are right they don't light up as well as the wing does because it doesn't have the airfoil shape like the wing.

I probably should add some to the top of the rudder sometime, but I'm betting it will be a while before I get around to it.

Thanks for looking!
balesse is offline Find More Posts by balesse
Old Nov 05, 2008, 12:58 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,229 Posts
Thats real cool i am amazed with how bright those wings get! I might have to get one of those
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member