Thanks.
inluv is offline Find More Posts by inluv
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:08 AM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
AeroSIM RC Multi-Function Flight Simulator System

[S]$79.99[/S] $58.41* (buddy<br>price 27%, -$21.58)

Futaba/Hitec Transmitter Adapter Plug 3.5mm to DIN6 for Flight Simulator

[S]$1.49[/S] $0.85* (buddy<br>price 43%, -$0.64)

Futaba Transmitter Adapter Plug 3.5mm to Futaba Square Plug for Flight Simulator

[S]$1.49[/S] $0.85* (buddy<br>price 43%, -$0.64)

All my buddy-codes here
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
339 Posts
Manuel:

I got my AeroSIMrc from Hobby King. It arrived last week and I love it.

Has anyone on this thread tried to design their own model? I hope I can do it, and I'm really jazzed about using Google maps for environments.

The Dolphin in the SIM is much more docile than my own HK purchased EasySky Dolphin. What would you suggest to increase its manuverability?

Just in case there is an enterprizing young RC flyer who likes a challenge, these are the models I would like to see available for this SIM:

1) Bixler/Sky Surfer
2) Piper Cub J-3 (EasySky)
3) Cessna 182 (EasySky)
4) GWS Slow Stick
5) GWS Formosa
6) Belanca Decathlon
7) T-28 (Dynam)
8) P-51 (Airfield)
9) ParkJet (Hobby King)
10) ME-109 (Hobby King)

My sincere thanks to Manuel for this very well thought out simulator. The training modules, and the realism when I hit a tree or other upright object is quite an improvement over other simulators I have used which just fly right through these objects.

VJ
Virginia Jim is offline Find More Posts by Virginia Jim
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:07 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
256 Posts
I helped someone to set up their tx with Aerosim recently. I was impressed by the software and bought it. I need to train on multirotors and FPV and aerosim is strong in those areas.

I have a few questions / comments (in regard to multirotors) :

1) On arming with throttle down / rudder right the quad leaps into the air and pirouettes then lands hard– not what you would want in real life. I can live with it if it’s a bug – does anyone know a fix for this?

2) Ground effect does not seem to be realistic. Take off and landings are much smoother than real fight – I am flying the micrcopter quad. I think it could mean trouble for a sim learner who takes their multi for a first fly, and it ends up on its side because they didn’t get it out off ground effect and under control in good time.
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:23 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inluv View Post
http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/fil...ng_Aerofly.pdf

I want to use the transmiter with the Aerosim cable but i have seen Graupner warning.
Please tell me what can happen if i use it? What is the problem?
From where can i buy a Aerosim USB for the Graupner RX ?
Did you find an answer to this? Im in the same boat having just purchased the MX20 and aerosim (both arrive today) and i see this warning. Unfortunately there is no way of connecting a 3 pin cable to the USB lead that came with the SIM so not sure what to do.

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo is online now Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:54 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
Did you find an answer to this? Unfortunately there is no way of connecting a 3 pin cable to the USB lead that came with the SIM so not sure what to do...
Guys:

I cannot answer the question of software compatibility since I just have a Turnigy 9x transmitter, but you will find an adapter for your Graupner transmitter at the bottom of the page on this link.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24710

Addendum: Since I wrote this message, HK changed their site. Now you have to click the "Acc" icon just below the "Add to Cart" button to see their optional simulation/trainer adapters.

Hope this helps.

VJ
Virginia Jim is offline Find More Posts by Virginia Jim
Last edited by Virginia Jim; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:26 AM
Italy
Joined May 2009
364 Posts
What's the cheapest TX working with Aerosim?

Does it works with the HK sim radio? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...m_Mode_2_.html

Thank you
anestetico is offline Find More Posts by anestetico
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:12 AM
USA
Joined Aug 2009
814 Posts
anyone know when the city scenario will be available?
importon is offline Find More Posts by importon
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:29 PM
mgg
Spain
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
Use of Graupner TX with simulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inluv View Post
I want to use the transmiter with the Aerosim cable but i have seen Graupner warning.
Please tell me what can happen if i use it? What is the problem?
From where can i buy a Aerosim USB for the Graupner RX ?
The warning described by Graupner actually applies to any simulator.

After we contacted Graupner about the document you found mentioning AeroSIM RC, they updated the document to this:

http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/files/Flight_simulator.pdf

Which is the document that applies to mx-20 HoTT as you can see in its web page http://www.graupner.de/en/products/8e2f4776-e25b-42a9-96bb-fadcdda2afa9/33124/product.aspx?tab=downloads

AeroSIM RC has been successfully tested by Graupner with their transmitters, and their only concern is about ESD potentially damaging their transmitters.

The ESD is something that can also happen with any other peripheral: mouse, keyboard, joystick, or any other TX, including all other Graupner transmitter models which do not have the option of a RX with SUMO output.

Graupner recommends:
1- To use ESD protection while using any simulator,

or

2- To use a dedicated HoTT RX with SUMO output in order to isolate the TX from the computer.
AeroSIM RC has been successfully tested by Graupner by connecting the SUMO signal of a receiver to the simulator USB cable, with and adapter female mono jack to servo connector.
However, since AeroSIM RC USB interface does not output power for the RX, the power for the RX would have to be supplied from a dedicated battery pack.
mgg is offline Find More Posts by mgg
Last edited by mgg; Feb 04, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:43 PM
mgg
Spain
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
New version 4.0 released!

- New City scenario.
- New LEDs for models (can be edited in the model editor)
- New Reset Mode: Travel Back in time after crash (this was necessary in the new City scenario, where crashes happen all the time)
- New Camera Zoom controlled from TX
- New 'Timer Pause' button in lessons allows to practise without time limit.
- New languages: German, Italian

Download as usual from www.aerosimrc.com

Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:56 PM
mgg
Spain
Joined Oct 2008
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anestetico View Post
What's the cheapest TX working with Aerosim?

Does it works with the HK sim radio? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...m_Mode_2_.html

Thank you
This is a USB joystick, and will NOT work with AeroSIM RC
You need a TX that can output a PPM signal for the USB.

Even thought the simulator can be evaluated for 2 minutes with any USB controller or joystick, the simulator is delivered with its own USB cable, and it will only work with a transmitter connected to the original USB cable.
That is, it will not work with other USB controller or joystick. The USB acts as a dongle to prevent ilegal copies of the software.

You can use this inexpensive TX http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2_Mode_2_.html
whith the WFly adapter http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Simulator.html
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
k0s
Multiwii MultiWii nothing else
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Nov 2012
341 Posts
GREAT 4.0!

cant wait to finish the DL.. (20mins for a patch.. i guess the pipe is way tooo small )

anyway, i did hope you would integrate the QUAD-X .. but nopppppppe
i wonder about the jumping multirotor behavior (arm->starts hopping), i hope this issue got fixed too.

a big up would be a handy and public 3ds-converter

just as constructive critics
cant wait

thanks
k0s is offline Find More Posts by k0s
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:32 AM
Anything can be made to fly
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brondby
Joined Jun 2011
309 Posts
Hello AerosimRC if you are reading this,

-Please add the TBS discovery frame to the simulator .
-Also simulated GPS stability could be fantastic , Not the just 'ALT hold ' as it already has but position hold too. so if i leave the controls the multirotor just stays there instead of moving in the last instructed direction as manual mode..
echo75 is offline Find More Posts by echo75
Last edited by echo75; Mar 10, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:28 PM
Australia, NSW, Temagog
Joined Jun 2012
126 Posts
im borrowing a dongle from friend and when i plug it in the led just keeps flashing and in game controllers its listed as PPM++++++++++++

when i try to set it up i cant get past the stop where it asks you to plug in the dongle ...

any tips ? im on win7 x64

edit, it is my dongle, it is not actually aerosim-rc dongle.
haydent is offline Find More Posts by haydent
Last edited by haydent; Mar 15, 2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:27 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2012
70 Posts
After looking over most SIMs on the market I finally decided on AeroSim and it has worked quite well so far.

I'm running it on Win7 64bit and my 46"Samsung LED widescreen, using HK's new 9XR which I haven't setup for anything else yet and it works fine.

I was a little disappointed at the lack of USA scenarios and guess I'll have to try my hand in the creator.

I'm flying primarily Quadcopters and in the X configuration and have looked at just about every option in the model editor and have yet to figure out how to change one of the stock Quads that are in + (plus) configuration to the X configuration that I prefer to use. If anyone has accomplished that, please post how it was done..

Hoping to see lots more activity in this forum in coming months.
Many thanks,,
X/BillyD..
X_Marine is offline Find More Posts by X_Marine