HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2009, 04:00 PM
Joined May 2007
363 Posts
I just switched the motor to the back but didn't realize much of a change. In fact, I had to trim back a little bit... the wind is picking up, though.

I am feeling more and more confident with this heli, flying in small spaces, it's quite convenient.

I'm glad LAHeli used some easy to source screws as I dropped one while aligning it with the motor hole. That was the hardest part of the change.. keeping the screws on my bench.

[edit: I just noticed my posts are way off topic of a review. My apologies!]
mrbubbs is offline Find More Posts by mrbubbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2009, 04:05 PM
ElektroRC.com - MSH,LAHeli,YGE
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,606 Posts
Looks like a nice build you did! Different with those skids
pwkpete is offline Find More Posts by pwkpete
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:02 PM
Joined May 2007
363 Posts
Yeah, you can say what you really think of the skids look.

By the way, maybe it was just my particular set, but did anyone do anything special to get the skids on without pulling a muscle or breaking the skid support hole that the skid goes through? I don't want to file down the plastic inside diameter at all as it seems fairly thin to me already.

Is there another thread where all the Ricco owners hang out or is this one okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwkpete
Looks like a nice build you did! Different with those skids
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:15 PM
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,606 Posts
Maxir or Ricco thread, doesn't matter to me

I never had an issue with the skid supports. I've usually needed to use a dab of CA to get them tight...
Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,606 Posts
BTW:

I got some more 3S packs in, this time 1000 and 1300. Figured I'd try the little lighter weight of the 1000's, I think they will be excellent as well...
Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwkpete
BTW:

I got some more 3S packs in, this time 1000 and 1300. Figured I'd try the little lighter weight of the 1000's, I think they will be excellent as well...
Oh yeah, Hornet X3D packs (1000) and Ricco packs (1300) ..
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:00 AM
Joined May 2007
363 Posts
Nice pics, rotaryguy!

I took more time than I usually do with routing my servo/gyro wires up to the RX in front. Unfortunately, once I got to the point of plugging everything in, I still had a big ball of wires. I almost think I should buy some JST pins and cut down the servo lengths, but that's a bit of work. Did you just bundle your wires up with velcro as you did with the motor wires or what? I couldn't really see what was going on with that.

Nice canopy paint job too.. I need to figure out how I wanted to paint mine. Gotta figure out how to "tint" the window as you did. I also need to figure out where to position the mounting holes and see if I can locate some canopy washers or whatever is similar to what you have there. Though I'll probably just poke some undersized holes and push the canopy over the mounts as I think was intended.

I put my stock skids back on after I got the parts and I had to trim forward again as I had more weight to the back of the CG.

I looked at the Maxir manual and thought it was more helpful than the Ricco in many areas. Hah.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:39 AM
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2004
492 Posts
Canopy was purchased pre-painted and assembled..
http://elektrorc.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=778

I'll take some more pics of the "wiring" but I did not cut anything.
rotaryguy is offline Find More Posts by rotaryguy
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:09 PM
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,606 Posts
Sweet install!

I see crack cyclic maneuvers with that setup

If anyone wants a blue/white pre-painted canopy (like rotartguy's), I have one that I opened up the plastic on, but didn't install, no holes, etc. I'll sell it for $15 with a store order...
Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:15 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,255 Posts
Pete carries the 1000mAh and 1300mAh, and GotHeliRC carries the 900mAh and 1200mAh so you have a wide(er) selection when it comes to weight and duration. The 900's allow for a mega-light setup and decent run-time with a forward motor configuration. The 1300's allow for flight-times approaching a UAV predator, so be sure to eat lunch before starting the flight
RotorCycle is online now Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:24 PM
United States, TX, Lindale
Joined Apr 2003
910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
Pete carries the 1000mAh and 1300mAh, and GotHeliRC carries the 900mAh and 1200mAh so you have a wide(er) selection when it comes to weight and duration. The 900's allow for a mega-light setup and decent run-time with a forward motor configuration. The 1300's allow for flight-times approaching a UAV predator, so be sure to eat lunch before starting the flight
how long before you have some more 2s 900s in stock... I ordered your last one earlier this week, need 1 or 2 more
crazhorse is offline Find More Posts by crazhorse
Old Mar 21, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,255 Posts
They're on the way. The local Fusion-Pack distributor was even out of stock, or they would have been replenished the next day.
RotorCycle is online now Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:02 PM
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2004
492 Posts
my ricco up for grabbs...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025862
rotaryguy is offline Find More Posts by rotaryguy
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:55 PM
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002