to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2009, 09:41 PM
ElektroRC.com - MSH,LAHeli,YGE
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,605 Posts
Yep, good points Ray!

Re Sniper V2:
You guys will be the next to know after I hear from LAHeli...

There is no estimated release date... When it gets closer, I'm sure we will hear something so it must be a bit out yet....
pwkpete is offline Find More Posts by pwkpete
Old Mar 04, 2009, 09:59 PM
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2004
492 Posts
Solved my Ricco tail buzz...got tired of messin with the pins...Just need to trim the extra bit off the end of the shaft....now I can run @ 100% throttle curve with ZERO vibrations. About 2850HS, I can even remove the head and run it up to 100% smooth as silk and without the head, blades, paddles its got to be running faster.
With the stock setup I always had to spend too much time tinkering with it, I tried the bearing mods, checked bolts, blah, blah...I was never able to get over half throttle before the heli would start to vibrate itself to death.

Forgot to mention the bling factor as well, Aluminum grips, slider.
rotaryguy is offline Find More Posts by rotaryguy
Last edited by rotaryguy; Mar 04, 2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2009, 08:57 AM
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,605 Posts
What parts are those?

Looks nice!

I'll mention it to LA...
Old Mar 05, 2009, 09:31 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
I have it on good authority it's nice and safe with all the other Sniper V2's
Figured you would be the one holding them all..

After the Ricco build and flight time it only increases the want / need factor for a Sniper, I live in the open plains so dancing the Ricco around can be quite a workout on some days. I have a TR500 going into service which is nice but the weight will require more HS and thus shorter flight times.

Do you think I could re-use the 6S 3000mah packs from the TR500 on the Sniper or do I need more mah then that?
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Mar 05, 2009, 09:32 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryguy
Solved my Ricco tail buzz...got tired of messin with the pins...Just need to trim the extra bit off the end of the shaft....now I can run @ 100% throttle curve with ZERO vibrations. About 2850HS, I can even remove the head and run it up to 100% smooth as silk and without the head, blades, paddles its got to be running faster.
With the stock setup I always had to spend too much time tinkering with it, I tried the bearing mods, checked bolts, blah, blah...I was never able to get over half throttle before the heli would start to vibrate itself to death.

Forgot to mention the bling factor as well, Aluminum grips, slider.
That's great news, that's a lot of HS you have going on there, I think I'm sitting around 2500 or so.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2009, 09:33 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwkpete
Yep, good points Ray!

Re Sniper V2:
You guys will be the next to know after I hear from LAHeli...

There is no estimated release date... When it gets closer, I'm sure we will hear something so it must be a bit out yet....
I know where to find you.. I'll try to reduce my Sniper nagging down to once every 2-3 weeks..
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2009, 09:38 AM
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11

After the Ricco build and flight time it only increases the want / need factor for a Sniper, I live in the open plains so dancing the Ricco around can be quite a workout on some days. I have a TR500 going into service which is nice but the weight will require more HS and thus shorter flight times.

Do you think I could re-use the 6S 3000mah packs from the TR500 on the Sniper or do I need more mah then that?
You should have gotten a Protos while waiting, then you wouldn't have that weight problem

Yep, I'm not that far from you... Road trip distance!
Old Mar 05, 2009, 10:19 AM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11

The Sniper is so light (~1500 grams) that the 6S 3000mAh batteries would work. When we were flight testing 5S and 6S back-to-back, we were getting more than than 8-mins on the 6S 3300mAh. We never utilized even 80% of the pack so don't know how long it would have flown.

I ended up using a very light 5S 2500mAh setup since the Scorpion motor kv was too high for 6S.
RotorCycle is online now Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Mar 05, 2009, 11:39 AM
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2004
492 Posts
Quote:
What parts are those?

Looks nice!

I'll mention it to LA...
Metal tail assembly- trex 250. $13.99
Metal slider -trex 250. $9.99
Old Mar 05, 2009, 12:20 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
The Sniper is so light (~1500 grams) that the 6S 3000mAh batteries would work. When we were flight testing 5S and 6S back-to-back, we were getting more than than 8-mins on the 6S 3300mAh. We never utilized even 80% of the pack so don't know how long it would have flown.

I ended up using a very light 5S 2500mAh setup since the Scorpion motor kv was too high for 6S.
That's great news, I love it when I can get dual use out of my Lipo's, seems like a waste to drop the coin for dedicated packs with no other use. I was contemplating doing a 40-Size Edge 300 just so I would have something else to use them with.

So LA Heli is slow in releasing the Sniper but l hope it's only because they are perfecting it rather then a resource allocation problem.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2009, 12:24 PM
Heli Addict....
West Dundee, Il.
Joined Nov 2003
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryguy
Metal tail assembly- trex 250. $13.99
Metal slider -trex 250. $9.99
Are those Trex 250 blades or the plastic Maxir tail blades?
Ecaf is offline Find More Posts by Ecaf
Old Mar 05, 2009, 12:45 PM
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2004
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecaf
Are those Trex 250 blades or the plastic Maxir tail blades?
The longer maxir tail blades, trex blades are too short. You have to sand the roots a little
Old Mar 05, 2009, 05:13 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
what is the ID on those blade grips where the blade is held in? Wondering how they will work with the CF tail blades? Did you have to change the original pitch arm also?
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Mar 05, 2009, 05:16 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,485 Posts
Quote:
You should have gotten a Protos while waiting, then you wouldn't have that weight problem

Yep, I'm not that far from you... Road trip distance!
I tried to convince him, Pete... but he just wouldn't listen.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris