4,533 Posts
I call it the Velocimaxir.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:35 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
No possible way this thread is three years old, this means my Ricco is 3yrs old as well and still going strong. 6MPH winds today going to fly the Ricco ..
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:51 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Pretty quiet on the Ricco front these days. Everyone flying their micro Blade helis?
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:22 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Something to be said about the flood of RTF machines the Blade brand is producing you can't find anything but in the F/S classified section. I have a few myself the mCP X2 and 450X , both fun times but the newness has worn off, Ricco is still the king..
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
Lakas Pinoy
Oxnard, Ca.
Joined Mar 2004
250 Posts
Maxir DFC

Hello everybody, I just wanted to share what I've been working on in the past week. Since I didin't really like the tail system on the ricco/maxir or the head, I converted the and tail to DFC. I've gotten about 7 test flight on it so far. tail is solid no vibes or wag, it tracks nicely when I'm doing hurricanes and funnels, it piro flips quite nicely too..

Trex 250 pro DFC head, tail, boom mount, bearing blocks and skid the rest is from the maxir parts

Set-up:

Spektrum H3020 for cyclic Hyperion DS11GCB for the tail.
Mini Jazz 20, Axi 2208/20, beastx

I've also posted it here:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=470082
TheOne is offline Find More Posts by TheOne
Last edited by TheOne; Nov 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:11 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Very nice looking bird with and plenty of graphite, wow factor is there.

2 more flights on my Ricco yesterday and even spun up the Sniper but my packs for the Sniper are getting really tired. Next season will require some investment in new lipos.

Would like to take the Ricco FBL as well if I can manage to get the spare time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
I just scored a new 2208/20 for $19.99 the old MS Twister branded one from eBay. These motors show up from time to time and due to their branding they are usually much cheaper. Micro collection now sits at 2 Riccos and 2 shelf queen Hornet X3D, I now have a motor for one of the Hornets. Can't do anything fun on the Hornet though since lawn darting it would take way to much time searching for parts.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:00 AM
The Last Question
United States, UT, West Valley City
Joined Oct 2006
546 Posts
Why oh why did I buy a Walkera 1#A? It was cheap but one flight and its wrecked because I didn't have enough power to avoid a mailbox. Should've put the money towards a Ricco...

Yeah, I'm going to get my Sniper II converted to flybarless soon...as soon as I get used to 6s power. And I thought it really jumped on 4s...holy crap! And then flybarless?
Entropy76 is offline Find More Posts by Entropy76
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:06 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
I'm lucky to get a few flights on the Sniper this year far to busy with work and family activity. Tried to sell it along with the Trex 500 no bites so decided hey doesn't cost anything to keep them, hopefully I will get field time this year. The Ricco has been my mainstay of flight since you don't need much space to get a quick flight in.

Don't understand the lack of interest in the Sniper it simply blows my Trex 500 out of the water and still would even if it swung 425mm blades
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:32 AM
Spring Valley. MN
Joined Jun 2000
4,458 Posts
Just not enough exposure, seems that only the Protos and Atom have made any impression in the 425+ size against the Trex, many others have come and gone.
buzzsaw 46 is offline Find More Posts by buzzsaw 46
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
MSH started out as a boutique brand like LAHeli, but Corrado had bigger ambitions than Antonin and successfully captured a large loyalty base before the market moved on. With the likes of HobbyKing and Gensace making big LiPos affordable to the masses, I think most people are more interested in the 550-700 size machines nowadays.
mahbouni is online now Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:15 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
The MaxIR / Ricco took everything that was great about the Hornet and fixed everything that was wrong with it. Unfortunate that it doesn't enjoy a greater success, LA Heli seems strong on engineering but lacking in marketing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
Spring Valley. MN
Joined Jun 2000
4,458 Posts
Being a boutique brand hasn't hurt Hensleit's notoriety. People will wait months on the waiting list to get a TDR. I don't get why LA Heli is not more well known. They have had what I think is the best micro for the last 8 years. They have had a very competitive 500 class machine for 5-6 years. They also have a nice 600-700 machine but I have not seen or heard much about it since Pete announced it at the beginning of the year.
buzzsaw 46 is offline Find More Posts by buzzsaw 46
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:26 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
I think the Ricco still being a bit of a builders heli has given it a bad rap among the RTF generation who did not have to live through the early offerings of micro helis. The pioneers of those days were used to fiddling and worked through for the reward. If you ask me the reward for the Riccos disk loading is worth the bench time and then some. Then again I also spent 40hrs at least getting my first Hornet X3D damn near perfect.

People these days throw rants if their BNF has drift in a hover or a tail twitch, bar has been set rather high and people don't seem to mind 4min flights @ insane headspeed. Meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy 8-10min of the same power or 15min of lazy flying.
RCG Plus Member