HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:02 AM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Gaui GU-365/Trex500

I put GU365 on Trex500. GU365 shows very good performance now.
Because I tested it in various ways, I decide to introduce it to here.
I am weak in English. Please allow for me not to have enough explanation.

This is my Trex500 it had flybar.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=817122

masa
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Last edited by masa; Oct 27, 2008 at 01:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:22 AM
Danger! Danger!
FrankW's Avatar
Portland Intl, Oregon, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,907 Posts
Very interested in your flybar conversion. Do you have more pictures of the rotorhead? Any video of it flying?

I'm looking to convert my 500 to flybarless when I have the funds available, but I'm still leaning heavily towards the Mikado system.

-Frank
FrankW is online now Find More Posts by FrankW
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:32 AM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW
Very interested in your flybar conversion. Do you have more pictures of the rotorhead? Any video of it flying?

I'm looking to convert my 500 to flybarless when I have the funds available, but I'm still leaning heavily towards the Mikado system.

-Frank
Frank
There is all in my PC. Please wait slightly till I contribute all.
GU365 is cheap, but works well.

masa
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:38 AM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
I was connected from swash to the rotor grip directly first. I changed servo arm length to 13mm from 16mm.
I was not able to raise Gain enough. In addition, the cyclic was very sensitive.

I understood that this method was difficult by illustrating it. I understood need to change the ball position of the grip greatly.
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:58 AM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
Therefore I decided to go through a mixing arm.

Ball link position of a mixing arm is 15mm and 25mm.
By using mixing arms, I can get servo movement enough.

The washout base does top and bottom upside down. And it is fixed only in three Orings.

I carryed out these methods in trex600(SK360) too.
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 02:15 AM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
I understood that GU365 caught the influence of vibrating very much.

I tried a lot of double-stick tape. I changed size or how to put on and tested it. It did one solution to put double-stick tape thick.

In addition, it was effective very much to use weight according to the manual.

Here is the video at this point in time.
http://eyevio.jp/movie/182222

Swash Mix Air/Ele/Pit=60/50/60
EXPO 10%/0%=Nomal/IdleUP
Aileron gain :90 degfrom 0.
Elevator gain :100 degfrom 0.

It was not very bad, but I felt need to get Gain a little more.
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 02:27 AM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
this is latest anti-vibration method on my T500.

This effect was very splendid, and I was able to raise Gain easily.
As a result, Trex came to be very stable.

In addition, GU365 is affected by the difference of the main rotor very much.
I tested four kinds of main rotors, but a 465mmCF blade of HIROBO was the best.

So,I do not need another SK360 for T500.GU-365 works enough for me.

masa
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Last edited by masa; Oct 27, 2008 at 02:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:30 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
aaronredbaron's Avatar
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,006 Posts
cool! thanks for posting! Have you ever tried Zeal tape? http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=138006
I have found this stuff to be my favorite for tail gyros, maybe it would be worth a try (??)
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2008, 07:26 PM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronredbaron
cool! thanks for posting! Have you ever tried Zeal tape? http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=138006
I have found this stuff to be my favorite for tail gyros, maybe it would be worth a try (??)
I have not used the ZEAL tape. GU365 is much affected by the double-sided tape. The tape for gyros is worth trying it. But I finally thought the stock tape to be one of the best.

masa
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2008, 08:28 PM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
In Flybarless system, it is important that how reduce the slop.
This is eazy method for T500 swash plate to reduce the slop.
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2008, 09:41 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
8,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masa
In Flybarless system, it is important that how reduce the slop.
This is eazy method for T500 swash plate to reduce the slop.
More important is to get your direct links to blade grips at 90. I would reconsider your setup. Then slop comes into play... and with using mixing arms you will have alot more slop than direct link. Spend the $70 and get a head conversion IMHO!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Dji fpv hub
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2008, 06:58 PM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
More important is to get your direct links to blade grips at 90. I would reconsider your setup. Then slop comes into play... and with using mixing arms you will have alot more slop than direct link. Spend the $70 and get a head conversion IMHO!
Thank you for advice. As for me, 100% understand that you say.
Please understand it. In my flight skill, my priority is different from you.

I tested it in various ways, but do not think that the difference of the delta three effect is important. In addition, I do not think that the play of the mixing arm origin is the most important.

Sorry abot negative answer.
My T500(GU-365) and T600(SK360 show good performance by using the mixing arm. I am not an expert, but I think that they show enough performance for many RC-heli users without additional investment.
Furthermore, I am doing various tests,and I enjoy them. As for using money for Flyberless head, low-priority for me.

I try a direct link now. It satisfies approximately 100% things that you say in linkage. The head of Gaui and mikado does not satisfy your theory 100%.

masa
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2008, 07:43 PM
Registered User
masa's Avatar
Japan
Joined Oct 2004
462 Posts
Using mixing arm with Gu365 show good paerfomance for stable mild 3d.But I want more quick cycric and quick pitch response for my T500 with Hirobo465.

1.Using short pivot balls for swash plate.
2.0 delta three hinge.
3.True 90 degree linkage from swash to main blade grips.
4.Nearer right angle servo linkage.
5.Adding weight is effective.
6.GU365 is sensitive to overreaction of rudder servo. When you use 6V BEC, add a step down regulator to get high gyro gain.

Stock(with Flybar) :
Swash servo horn length :16mm(S9650)
Swash mix:Air/Ele/Pit=75/65/60

Flybarless with mixing arm:
Swash servo horn length :13mm(S9650)
Swash mix:Air/Ele/Pit=75/65/65
GU365 gain:Air/Ele=180-225 degree/150-180 degree from 0

Flybarless without mixing arm:
Swash servo horn length :13mm(S9650)
Swash mix:Air/Ele/Pit=55/55/43
Picth:Collective -15/+15,Cycric -11/+11
GU365 gain:Air/Ele=135 degree/135 degree from 0
TailGyro gain(FUTABA12FG,S9257)
6.0 V : Nor/IdlUp=60/50
5.1 V : Nor/IdlUp=90/70


Note!:
I'm very satisfied now.But,I think that this method needs special main blades,such as Hirobo 465mm.GU365 is very sensitive to main blades,which you use.If you can't get enough gain,you must better to use mixing arm or buy another flybarless head.

masa
masa is offline Find More Posts by masa
Last edited by masa; Nov 08, 2008 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:20 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
8,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masa
Thank you for advice. As for me, 100% understand that you say.
Please understand it. In my flight skill, my priority is different from you.

I tested it in various ways, but do not think that the difference of the delta three effect is important. In addition, I do not think that the play of the mixing arm origin is the most important.

Sorry abot negative answer.
My T500(GU-365) and T600(SK360 show good performance by using the mixing arm. I am not an expert, but I think that they show enough performance for many RC-heli users without additional investment.
Furthermore, I am doing various tests,and I enjoy them. As for using money for Flyberless head, low-priority for me.

I try a direct link now. It satisfies approximately 100% things that you say in linkage. The head of Gaui and mikado does not satisfy your theory 100%.

masa
No problem man, I am happy that you are happy
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Dji fpv hub
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2008, 02:34 PM
Volts < Amps
desert_flyer's Avatar
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Feb 2007
250 Posts
I guess this will be the entertaining side of Gaui/Assan etc. producing cheap flybarless gyros - we're going to be seeing a lot of interesting el cheapo head/rotor hacks.
desert_flyer is offline Find More Posts by desert_flyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GAUI GU-365 Flybarless E-Stabilizer System Thread fung Micro Helis 422 Apr 18, 2010 05:16 AM
Discussion Gaui Flybarless E-Stabilizer GU-365 borneobear Electric Heli Talk 6 Oct 07, 2008 03:08 PM