HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mastrsn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 05:03 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Discussion
One more Perversion from the Lost and Found

This Slow Stick Perversion was called the "Heinkel Stick", based loosely on the WW2 Heinkel Jet Fighter. It was powered by an EDF-75 in a nacelle on the wing. Control surfaces were ailerons on the wing and a V-tail with mixer for rudder/ elevons. The Rudders were fashioned after the Slow Stick Rudder, but were not functional. The combonation of ailerons/ elevons made the Heinkel Stick quite menuverable, being able to do loops and rolls.

After the EDF burnt out (brushed motors don't like lipos), the motor was replaced with a tower pro 9Y swinging an 11*7 prop. VERY FAST!

The german marking were from Major Decals for a .40 size airplane. Paint was from the local Ace Hardware (Yes, they actually had paint close to the German Luftwaffe!)

I had so much fun with this design, I found and bought more dacals while flying at SEFF last year (or this year, just earlier...)
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
Last edited by mastrsn; Oct 26, 2008 at 06:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:34 PM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,425 Posts
THat looks great! Another great SS mod for the future.
Pickle72 is offline Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:53 AM
"I Am The Animal!" in training
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Sep 2008
1,008 Posts
could i cut up, and mix my tail in a flat v tail desighn like that camo green SS has without ailerons? would that work?
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer
Old Dec 22, 2008, 05:35 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifryer
could i cut up, and mix my tail in a flat v tail desighn like that camo green SS has without ailerons? would that work?
Yes- I had an elevon mixer on the tail as well as ailerons, but I think they'd be more effective if you do it the way I did and not flat.
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn