HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2008, 09:51 PM
Joined Jan 2008
426 Posts
Question
Glow Slow Stick?

hi, anyone try a Glow Slow Stick yet? im thinking about it, anyone know if they make a small engine to "stick " type motor mount? i see no reason why a small slim engine wouldnt be a hoot on a slow stick, what id really like to try it on is my WASP , the way the wing made on it would make a cool stick glow plane, any ideas a be appericated.

THANKS, rc
rcairplains is offline Find More Posts by rcairplains
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2008, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcairplains
hi, anyone try a Glow Slow Stick yet? im thinking about it, anyone know if they make a small engine to "stick " type motor mount? i see no reason why a small slim engine wouldnt be a hoot on a slow stick, what id really like to try it on is my WASP , the way the wing made on it would make a cool stick glow plane, any ideas a be appericated.

THANKS, rc
Hi RC,

Maybe the guys over in the wet fuel forums would be able to give you some ideas, as this forum is electric only...

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 25, 2008, 10:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
for such tiny engine y not make a mount out of some light ply... i would (if it were me building it) make a platform that had the engine, tank and throttle servo on it like what is sen on some combat planes then you can just attach it to the stick with a few screws...
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:12 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Probably an 0.061 motor, but a fuel powered engine would vibrate too much for the slow stick. Probably shake it too much in the air, and misalign stuff, causing it to crash. Electric would be the only option.

Also, the hot fuel exiting the carb might melt the foam, also causing a problem there
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:17 AM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to make a mont for a .061 Norvel engine... and the fuel wouldn't melt the foam.

But performance wouldn't eb what you might expect. The glow engine spins a small prop at high rpm. The electri drive for the slow stick spins a large prop at relatively low rpm.

The vibration wouldn't be that big of an issue.

Clean up after flying would be annoying. Even though the fuel won't attack the foam, its hard to clean it because the foam is porous. Also the radio euipment would get "well lubricated"
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Oct 26, 2008, 01:41 AM
Joined Jan 2008
426 Posts
it spin about a 7 inch prop, wrap wing good in strapping tape to protect from fuel "extra wieght shouldnt be a problem", maybe plastic on radio euipment so wouldnt get "well lubricated".... i hear some small 2 strokers pretty quiet and smooth running. yeah a home made motor mount wouldnt be that big a deal to make,with small fuel tank. i dunno seems it be fun to try

rc
Old Oct 29, 2008, 05:26 AM
Joined Jan 2008
426 Posts
these guys do it all the time ,lol.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=740846&page=8 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post10828503
Last edited by rcairplains; Nov 02, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 03:07 PM View Post
rginatl
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while rginatl edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 04:29 PM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
you can't post the vid here??
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow