HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:33 AM
United States, NC, Southern Pines
Joined Jan 2004
53 Posts
Help!
Engine Test Stand

I've seen several photos of the engine test stand that several clubs are useing at their fields. Does anybody know where I can find plans for one of these ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

dick.
dwreel is offline Find More Posts by dwreel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:13 PM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwreel
I've seen several photos of the engine test stand that several clubs are useing at their fields. Does anybody know where I can find plans for one of these ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

dick.
Dick,

I cannot help you much right now. No time to search.

Just wanted to tell you that I have seen such a plan with drawings in this forum a few months ago. It was painted yellow and looked much like an enverted V stool with a wide top about a foot wide.

Now, if you see a picture of one you like, you can pretty well build one from the pic.

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 24, 2008, 03:49 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,739 Posts
Zor, I think the one you saw was a common saw horse with a 2x4 flat across the top. I built my own and it has two 50 lb solid cement blocks built right into it. It has four pressure treated 4x4s for legs. Even my SuperTigre 4500 doesn't move it.
I TOBOR is offline Find More Posts by I TOBOR
Old Oct 25, 2008, 02:00 PM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I TOBOR
Zor, I think the one you saw was a common saw horse with a 2x4 flat across the top. I built my own and it has two 50 lb solid cement blocks built right into it. It has four pressure treated 4x4s for legs. Even my SuperTigre 4500 doesn't move it.
HI I tobor,

No. It had a top with some width, not a 2 x 4.
Trying to remember a little better I think i was also illustrated sitting on a wheel carrier and could move around easily (when it was on the wheel carrier).

I'll try to find time later today and see if I can find it.

Here is a pic of my test bed .

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Last edited by Zor; Oct 25, 2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Caption had not shown
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
Beaver Boy
Joined Nov 2001
196 Posts
One of these perhaps?

rc_sjo is offline Find More Posts by rc_sjo
Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:40 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,247 Posts
I bought one of these a while back and mounted it on a folding steel sawhorse (Home Depot, $20, 18lbs) Yeah, it's pricey, but the last one I'll ever have to buy. Instead of buying the back mount for the gassers from PSP for $45, I bought a two foot long piece of 4" angle aluminum from the a metal supply for $10.00. I cut mounts for each of my four gassers.

http://pspmfg.com/EngineTestStandDeluxe.html

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:22 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1 Posts
Guys theres is something less expencive then a PSP MFG out there but great quality.. its new on the market it a All Aluminum RC test stand at http://www.ellisdrilling.com/6.html?sm=65875 this is a well thought out design that incorperates both styles of motors gas engines and nitro all in one . made out of 3/16 thick 5052 aircraft aluminum , I looked at psp .. and to do the same job it would cost aprox $150.00 to do both styles of motor .

there were options to go simple for just the stand using my own gas tank and motor mount for aprox $75.00 or go the full boat with everyting i needed for gas engines , nitro and using the add on servo set up to be able to use my radio for throttle ,insted of standing behind the unit and manualy operating the throttle .. this came in handy on my DA-150 I felt much more comfortable off to the side. and stayed clean. great break in stand in my opinion

You know the old story you get what you pay for .
Alumitech is offline Find More Posts by Alumitech
Old Mar 01, 2009, 06:38 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Nice stands! I really need to get one.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Mar 03, 2009, 02:05 PM
Rising Sun, Md
Joined Feb 2009
11 Posts
RC SJO Where did you get that engine stand? What a clean design and simple. Did you make it yourself or buy it? I need one!!!!!!
skysfallin is offline Find More Posts by skysfallin