Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:39 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,462 Posts
Cool
AMX Light Attack Fighter Jet

AMX Light Attack Fighter Jet

24" wingspan, 35-3/8" long, 132 sq. in. wing area, 19 oz. flying weight. The full scale AMX is a light attack fighter that is flown by the Air Forces of Italy and Brazil. This attractively proportioned aircraft is a wonderful choice for a model aircraft. Model is injection molded EPS foam with crisp details molded in. Airplane is totally pre-painted and pre-decorated, final assembly takes about an hour. For quickest assembly use 5-minute epoxy. All electronics are pre-installed including brushless motor, 25A speed control, 4 servos and 6-channel receiver (in RTF version). Includes 3-cell 1300 mAh lipo battery and lipo balance charger. The good grip area under the wing makes the airplane easy to hand launch. Slows down well for belly landings. Without the additional drag of landing gear, the AMX is quick and smooth in flight. Capable of most aerobatic maneuvers that do not require the use of a rudder. Controls are: Ailerons (2 servos), Elevator (2 servos), Throttle.

For more information and to watch the video click HERE

Use this thread to discuss any and all things related to AMX Light Attack Fighter Jet
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Last edited by Jason Cole; Oct 24, 2008 at 04:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2008, 05:11 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,701 Posts
Thanks for making the airframe available alone via the spare parts. This is one sweet looking EDF. It flies really nice on the factory power system too! I know folks will want to stuff a higher power motor/fan in there. Should be interesting.

You folks are really lining up some nice EDFs for us! Keep up the great work!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:06 PM
add lightness
Big time Minneapolis, Good Ol' St Paul
Joined Oct 2007
1,121 Posts
Wow, looks like an excellent edf jet. smooth and easy right out of his hand on launch! and floats in for a landing.
PositivelyJoe is offline Find More Posts by PositivelyJoe
Old Oct 24, 2008, 08:15 AM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
what kind of flight times will we get with the stock 1300mah lipo? can't be much i doubt. also, what size fan unit is in it? i see where the spare fan is listed, but nowhere does it state the diameter. it's a sweet looking jet, but unless i can wedge bigger lipos in it and a bigger motor (i think this would be really fast on 600w!) i think i'll pass. something that looks this good should be composite.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
add lightness
Big time Minneapolis, Good Ol' St Paul
Joined Oct 2007
1,121 Posts
So does the ARF include the esc, battery & lipo charger? as in the $20 price difference for the RTF is 4 servos and a 6 ch FM rx?
If so it seems like the ARF should drop the battery, esc & cheapo lipo charger and then it could have a much lower price as well. kinda like the L-39 kit is. - airframe painted with fan & motor. (no esc, no lipo, no charger, no servos, no rx.)

Yes, please tell us the fan/motor specs, size, kv, watts, etc.

AMX is an ugly name for a nice looking plane. I like the yellow tail and the graphics on it.

info: http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/attack/amx/

Need some bombs, tanks and missiles too:
PositivelyJoe is offline Find More Posts by PositivelyJoe
Last edited by Zagi400flyerMN; Oct 24, 2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 03:14 PM
Gravity Fighter
Springdale, AR
Joined May 2008
206 Posts
Yes....more specs please as this looks like a promising new addition to the hangar.
Psycho Synapse is offline Find More Posts by Psycho Synapse
Old Oct 24, 2008, 08:44 PM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Nov 2007
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone
what kind of flight times will we get with the stock 1300mah lipo? can't be much i doubt. also, what size fan unit is in it? i see where the spare fan is listed, but nowhere does it state the diameter. it's a sweet looking jet, but unless i can wedge bigger lipos in it and a bigger motor (i think this would be really fast on 600w!) i think i'll pass. something that looks this good should be composite.
Man, EXACTLY! Every time I see one of these new jets, I anxiously dig in to the details, only to see another puny-assed 3s/1300 powered EDF that will crawl around the sky.

COME ON! Can't someone come up with a composite EDF with some HORSEPOWER that will get the blood pumping?! Yeah, it's all nice and good to hear "how well this jet flies slow!", but I'm waiting to hear someone say "you oughta see how this thing scoots stock out of the box!"...unfortunately if I wait here until I read about that kind of new EDF I'll probably have cobwebs growing on me.
VF84Sluggo is online now Find More Posts by VF84Sluggo
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:26 AM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,175 Posts
yea really, we need more "out of the box rockets" without having to dump countless hours and $ into it, just to break 100mph.
of course, if it's your first edf then yes it will get your adrenaline going....but i'm sick of having to mod something just to get it so i'd enjoy it.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:39 AM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Nov 2007
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone
of course, if it's your first edf then yes it will get your adrenaline going....
For sure. It just seems like every new one is targeting this niche. But don't we already have foamy F-18's, T-45's, L-39's, etc, etc, etc, to fill this?

Yeah, I could get one of these, fly it a few times, but once the new wears off I'd be looking at hogging foam, cramming in wicked motors, bigger batteries, etc. No thanks. Been there, done that.

I'm not saying at all that this isn't a good looking jet. In fact, I like it better than my L-39...wish the AMX had been here sooner, I'd have it instead of the flying Breitling ad. I'm just not going to buy another jet in this category/class. If I want less performance, I'll just throttle back a more powerful jet. But, once the throttle is at the forward stop, that's all she's got.
VF84Sluggo is online now Find More Posts by VF84Sluggo