HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:10 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Any new updates on the 48 Buck and a Half arrival? Thread firing up soon with a kickoff vid from Arron?

Looking forward to it, hoping it will spare me from jumping into a 51 Slick instead of this more reasonable (for my flying site) airframe. Since my Velox was scrapped out, I have an Omega 130g sitting around, all I need is two more new HS-65MG's for Ailerons and a few more 3S 2650's.

Plus.... This plane's scheme is a thing of beauty on the top wings!!! Well actually from either viewpoint!

+1 I'm ready too
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:49 AM
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
New guy asks about 48" Edge

I'm really new so please forgive.

As I understand it 3DHS will soon realease a 48" Edge, right? Buck and a half or something like that?

I've been doing some Google searching when I heard a rumor one was going to be released. That search lead me here. Is this the place to watch for an announcement as to when they will be available? Am I in the right place?

I beleive I have all the running gear ready and waiting.

One of my search results was a bit old but seemed to indicate possible late May release. Then another indicated possibly a June release. Reading this thread it appears a date hasn't been anounced yet, is that the drift?

Again I appologize if I sound so out of the loop. Just looking for the place to plug in.

Thanks,
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:29 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Ben's last update on them was at the end of May

"The 48" Edges are in-build, we expect to announce them being on the water in the next 2 weeks."

As soon as the planes set sail, they will be available for pre-order.. set you clock for the middle of June for that... Shipment, arrival...no hiccups.... then it is up to customs to sniff boxes, and clear... (that is the unknown).... after that a train ride to TX and out the door to you all

Stay tuned to the thread and you will know when its time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWard View Post
I'm really new so please forgive.

As I understand it 3DHS will soon realease a 48" Edge, right? Buck and a half or something like that?

I've been doing some Google searching when I heard a rumor one was going to be released. That search lead me here. Is this the place to watch for an announcement as to when they will be available? Am I in the right place?

I beleive I have all the running gear ready and waiting.

One of my search results was a bit old but seemed to indicate possible late May release. Then another indicated possibly a June release. Reading this thread it appears a date hasn't been anounced yet, is that the drift?

Again I appologize if I sound so out of the loop. Just looking for the place to plug in.

Thanks,
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:33 AM
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
Kewl, thanks! I have found the place to be. And I think by monitoring this thread and being I've requested email notifications from this thread I'll know when pre-orders are being taken and can make the purchase.

Thanks again!
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:33 AM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,419 Posts
Dan, RCGroups.com is the place to watch. Someone in this thread will certainly point out when the new 48" model pre-order is announced. There will be a new thread for the 48" Edge in the 3Dflying forum, so we'll all jump over there when the thread is started and the pre-order is announced.

The last time I talked to Ben, he said early June pre-order. So barring any shipping/customs trouble, we should be seeing a pre-order this week or next.

Make sure you get in on the pre-order, as I wouldn't be suprised if they sell out before the container hits shore.

The Edge is the most forgiving 3D airframe out there.
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Jun 07, 2011, 06:03 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
From the Addicts thread.

Quote:
Hmmm... anybody seen this:
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/48-Edge-5...e_p_15879.html
did I miss a pre-order notification somewhere?
Now's the time to Pre-Order a Blue Edge...

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Jun 07, 2011, 06:04 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
But what does the Blue Edge even look like? I thought there was an Orange scheme and Silver scheme.
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Jun 07, 2011, 06:11 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
ya I wanted an orange one but I'm going to be desperate for my 3dhs fix if I don't get a new airframe to replace my 47" so i went ahead and pre-ordered the blue.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:06 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
ya I wanted an orange one but I'm going to be desperate for my 3dhs fix if I don't get a new airframe to replace my 47" so i went ahead and pre-ordered the blue.
True Addict right there! Never seen a Blue one!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:16 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Mea Culpa guys.... I have been saying silver/red to go with the orange buck and a half huck... misheard this (misinformation provider...guilty and sorry) and the colors are indeed blue and orange variants for buck and a half huck

silver is available in the 41 Edge...

Ben will post all the goodness
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:36 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Mea Culpa guys.... I have been saying silver/red to go with the orange buck and a half huck... misheard this (misinformation provider...guilty and sorry) and the colors are indeed blue and orange variants for buck and a half huck

silver is available in the 41 Edge...

Ben will post all the goodness
Is the blue scheme the same as the orange one but in blue?
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:49 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,419 Posts
I don't see silver/red/black in the 41" either
I look forward to some pictures of the blue one
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:31 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2010
1,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich View Post
I don't see silver/red/black in the 41" either
When it will be a while before the next batch of a particular model will get restocked... they pull the model page so they don't get backordered. The silver/red/black actually sold much faster then they anticipated.

Randy
rdsok is offline Find More Posts by rdsok
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:49 PM
Champlin, MN
Joined Feb 2010
214 Posts
I've been debating between the new 48 edge and the 47 SHP. I was leaning towards the shp because i love the blue livery, but now thtat the buck 1.5 will be blue im leaningtowards the buck. Has 3dhs announced the required components for the buck1.5 anywhere yet? I will preorder that puppy right now if i can use this 55amp esc and hs65mgs ive got burning a hole in my parts bin...
ferch is offline Find More Posts by ferch
Old Jun 08, 2011, 12:37 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
I'm guessing those will work fine ferch. I plan on transfering my whole power package from the 47" to the 48" I am sure your 55 amp esc will be fine and my omega 107g has PLENTY of power for it... unless the 48" has gained some significant weight over the 47." Mine flies great and it has a lot of epoxy in it I have a 45 amp esc in my package.