Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint View Post
I leave Florida on the 17th...
Well, that sucks. We'll miss you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
Sorry to those of you who like it, I guess it just isn't my type of plane.
Now you've done it.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2010, 10:10 AM
Clifton Park, NY
Joined Mar 2010
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
hey.... I have been to the land of purple and drank its grapes....

looks like a double-sin here....tough to live this one down
hey wedge, I happen to be checking out some of your pics you have and I noticed in your 55 inch red edge you had a pilot figure. I was curious as to where you got it?
bigeclipse is offline Find More Posts by bigeclipse
Old May 04, 2010, 10:14 AM
Lets Make a Deal
Parrish, FL
Joined Apr 2008
7,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Well, that sucks. We'll miss you.
I Will Be Baaack
Hypersprint is offline Find More Posts by Hypersprint
Old May 04, 2010, 12:30 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeclipse View Post
hey wedge, I happen to be checking out some of your pics you have and I noticed in your 55 inch red edge you had a pilot figure. I was curious as to where you got it?
might have been Doc Austin's pilot guy... my planes fly like there is no pilot so I don't have one on board
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Last edited by wedgewing; May 04, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old May 04, 2010, 02:44 PM
Clifton Park, NY
Joined Mar 2010
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
might have been Doc Austin's pilot guy... my planes fly like there is no pilot so I don't have one on board
ah ok, it was a guy with a red helmet and black visor....similar to a helmet one would wear on a crotch rocket
Old May 04, 2010, 03:38 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
ah ok, it was a guy with a red helmet and black visor....similar to a helmet one would wear on a crotch rocket
Probably one of the Extreme Flight "Pilot X" figures.

Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old May 04, 2010, 03:40 PM
Clifton Park, NY
Joined Mar 2010
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Probably one of the Extreme Flight "Pilot X" figures.

yup thats them. haha thanks
Old May 04, 2010, 06:09 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
Guys - Even though the WOPR was acting up this weekend, we still sold a lot of Edges. We're processing orders and counting stock now. Unknown how many more we have on-hand. When we get down to where I want the stock to be, I'm going to remove the Edges from the website for a short period of time, then put them back up at regular price.

Please note: Our system is rather inflexible. (that's one reason it's going away soon) If a plane is "up" on the website, it can be backordered. The only way to prevent backorders of a particular item is to remove it from the site for a time. To anticipate the question, no, the Edges aren't going away forever, but they will be down from the website for a short time.
I'm really dissapointed I couldn't get through on Saturday to order a red 47" Edge. I tried everything I could, but nothing would work. I have been wanting to step up to a larger balsa plane, and I love my 42" Edge from Midwestfoamplanes so much, I figured this plane was the one for me. I kept calling on the phone all day on Monday till the battery died on my cell phone. Even my E-mail didn't seem to go through. Maybe some time in the future, seems like a sweeet plane. Just wasn't meant to be this time.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old May 04, 2010, 06:35 PM
Clifton Park, NY
Joined Mar 2010
193 Posts
does anyone here use any of the realflights? Im looking to buy a realflight g4.5. When I looked at the computer system requirements I noticed that my computer is close to the optimum requirements, definitely far better than the minimum requirements. I noticed in reviews people saying that you need a great computer to run it and such. I was wondering if anyone on here runs it on a computer like mine....almost at optimum recommendations but not quite.
Old May 04, 2010, 06:44 PM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
does anyone here use any of the realflights? Im looking to buy a realflight g4.5. When I looked at the computer system requirements I noticed that my computer is close to the optimum requirements, definitely far better than the minimum requirements. I noticed in reviews people saying that you need a great computer to run it and such. I was wondering if anyone on here runs it on a computer like mine....almost at optimum recommendations but not quite.
never looked at what they are. I am running it on two lenovo laptops 4.5 as well as 5.

4.5 on a Core 2 Duo with some NVidia card and the 5 on a Core I7 with 8GB and an NVidia Quadro FX880.

Runs just fine on either one
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old May 04, 2010, 06:54 PM
Clifton Park, NY
Joined Mar 2010
193 Posts
Yeah my laptop isn't quite as good as those
Old May 04, 2010, 06:56 PM
Clifton Park, NY
Joined Mar 2010
193 Posts
The only thing I'm lacking on is the video card. It says for optimum results you need a video card with 512 dedicated memory mine only does up to 384. However the minimum requirement states you only need 32 so I don't know
Old May 04, 2010, 07:18 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
never looked at what they are. I am running it on two lenovo laptops 4.5 as well as 5.

4.5 on a Core 2 Duo with some NVidia card and the 5 on a Core I7 with 8GB and an NVidia Quadro FX880.

Runs just fine on either one
+1 G4, G4.5 and G5 all work on the lenovo X200...very surprised... as well as happy....
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old May 04, 2010, 09:22 PM
O.N.E.
behind the sticks
Joined Sep 2006
2,018 Posts
Ready for morning maiden.Olin
ClioRC is offline Find More Posts by ClioRC
Old May 04, 2010, 09:25 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,818 Posts
I tell you, I'm running RF 4.5 on a few-year-old PC (2.8G P4) with I think a 128M card. I don't have all the eye candy turned on (blurring/perspective, etc) and there is no jerkiness at all. While at some point I'd like to see all the goodies, I'd rather a solid sim to practice on.

Nice, Olin! Can't wait for mine!
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster