HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2003, 08:45 AM
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2003
880 Posts
Please Remove this Thread

Sorry guys. I posted this in the wrong forum.

I don't know how to delete it.

bugleboy
bugleboy is offline Find More Posts by bugleboy
Last edited by bugleboy; Feb 19, 2003 at 02:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2003, 02:03 PM
Normandy, France, 3km from the only slope around!
Joined Jan 2002
62 Posts
?
Bigfoot is offline Find More Posts by Bigfoot
Old Feb 19, 2003, 02:11 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
Hi Bugleboy,

The miniflash is a very acrobatic ship, and as a camera plane would require you to be very concensious on the sticks...that and lots of 'expo', like 80%-90%

The EPS300C-D is a descent power plant for the plane, you will be able to climb vertically, just limited to about 80'-100' or so depending upon what shape your motor/pack(s) are in. If you want all out performance, the 'Golden Ticket' is the one to use, I'm sure you already know of it.

Keep in mind that Doug designed the entire series of planes (Flashback, Switchback, Miniflash) around the EPS 300C and 720 NiMh power systems and they will provide a great deal of fun in the stock form. Kicking up the battery pack to the Hecells will improve performance due to the cells ability to deliver more current than the smaller 720's.

Going to a hi-output B.L. set-up opens the doors to more manuevers (inverted knife-edge spins for one), that you cannot do with the stock set-up...that or you're flying at altitudes like Gunni or E-Bird

For me I've went and gone nuts with my M.F., MiniAC 1215/12, 6.33:1 G.B. Spools the APC 11x7E up to 9K rpm on 9 and 10 cells. and thrust is in the neighborhood of 33 oz! Horizontal manuevers require only 1/4 stick, knife edge I've had around 1/3 to 1/2 stick and 'mild' vertical ascents around 3/4 stick.

But because of the Miniflash' overall manueverability, I am hesitant to use it for A.P. until I get myself 'dialed' into her.

Regards,
Roger

my (new) 'future' A.P. ship ...
RMihara is offline Find More Posts by RMihara
Old Feb 19, 2003, 02:14 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
all that typing...

Bugleboy, just go back and 'edit' your post...at/near the top there is a small 'radio' button marked 'delete this post'.

Roger.
RMihara is offline Find More Posts by RMihara
Old Feb 19, 2003, 02:21 PM
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2003
880 Posts
Thanks Wild Moose. Your information has been most helpful. I moved (duplicated) the post under parkflyers. That is where I meant to put it to begin with.

I don't think I (with my skills) would attempt flying the MF for AP. I have a SS for that.

Thanks again,
bugleboy
bugleboy is offline Find More Posts by bugleboy