HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gp125racer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:21 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,839 Posts
Gallery
Latest Project: Avro Arrow

I finally decided I'd build a plane AND cover it. After doing some research, and weighing the balance between construction technique, cost, and size, I decided on the manzano laser (www.manzanolaser.com) Avro Arrow.

Construction for the most part was pretty straight forward. All the parts came laser cut, in a priority mail package. I spent about 5-7 nights after work for the construction phase, and another 2-3 for the covering. I just finished up installing the ESC, rx, and servos. All that is left is to decide on a motor, balance it and go fly. Ill report on the flight characteristics once the maiden is over.

As for the finish, I have enough time invested in it as is. I want to fly it before I spend any more on decals etc, but I do have plans for some canadian markings if all goes well.
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2008, 02:04 PM
You win again, Gravity!
Joined Mar 2008
9 Posts
Looks great!

I love the Arrow. I was thinking about trying to scratchbuild one.

It's a pusher, right?
The Auger is offline Find More Posts by The Auger
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:32 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,839 Posts
It sure is, I just need to decide which motor Im going to use. Im thinking a little screamer park screamer or grayson hobbies motor.......

The laser cut parts made the construction really easy. Id only 1/2 built a guillows kit before, and this was way easier.

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gp125racer; Oct 22, 2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling & added content