HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2008, 03:39 AM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,656 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 6EX FASST replacement antenna

My LHS tells me that after talking to Futaba, this is not a normal inventory item so he was unable to get one for me. I've searched online and cannot find a part number or any place that even sells a replacement antenna for a 6EX. My guess is that they will want me to send the TX in for repair, but that's silly since I'm sure I could do the repair myself easily. I've sent an email to futaba to ask about a replacement antenna and will wait for their reply.

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Last edited by Rob_G; Oct 18, 2008 at 04:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2008, 04:31 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G
My LHS tells me that after talking to Futaba, this is not a normal inventory item so he was unable to get one for me. I've searched online and cannot find a part number or any place that even sells a replacement antenna for a 6EX. My guess is that they will want me to send the TX in for repair, but that's silly since I'm sure I could do the repair myself easily. I've sent an email to futaba to ask about a replacement antenna and will wait for their reply. Rob
Futaba 6EX Antenna. Manufacturer Stock # ANT5 is same for 6XA, 6XH, 6YF, 6YG, 6EXA
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 04:14 PM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Futaba 6EX Antenna. Manufacturer Stock # ANT5 is same for 6XA, 6XH, 6YF, 6YG, 6EXA
Regards
Alan T.
Sorry, maybe I needed to be clearer. It's a Futaba 6EX 2.4GHZ FASST radio. That antenna is for 72mhz radio.

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old Oct 18, 2008, 05:23 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Sorry, my mistake in not reading correctly late at night... try
Futaba Transmitter Aerial - 2.4 GHz TM-7 Antenna
Regards
Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 09:40 PM
R/C, FPV, UAVs
Alberta, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
116 Posts
I have had great luck replacing the exact antenna connector you mention, the Futaba 6EX 2.4GHZ FASST one, with a pigtail with an SMA connector for my patch antenna for FPV flying.
The circuit board end is a U.FL / IPX end which is rated for only a couple on/off cycles, so be carefull!

I have the 6" pigtail cable run internal to the back case where I have installed the connection for the external antenna.
I have then hung the patch fron the TX's handle.

See http://stores.ebay.com/QualityChinaGoods for the diff pigtails avaiuable.
Sgt_Ric is online now Find More Posts by Sgt_Ric
Old Nov 03, 2008, 02:15 PM
Joined Oct 2008
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Ric
Also check out their WiFi Antenna 2.4GHz - 5$ instead of 13. But you will have to wait longer for delivery

Mike
8pointroll is offline Find More Posts by 8pointroll
Old Apr 12, 2009, 02:21 PM
Norway
Joined Jun 2007
57 Posts
Pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Ric
I have had great luck replacing the exact antenna connector you mention, the Futaba 6EX 2.4GHZ FASST one, with a pigtail with an SMA connector for my patch antenna for FPV flying.
The circuit board end is a U.FL / IPX end which is rated for only a couple on/off cycles, so be carefull!

I have the 6" pigtail cable run internal to the back case where I have installed the connection for the external antenna.
I have then hung the patch fron the TX's handle.

Do you have any pictures of your rig? I havent even opened my 6EX yet, but been pondering for a while about modifying it to take some sort of external antenna (SMA-plug in the side?!), so I can use one of the RaydioWarm mitts (I live in the North of Norway, need to keep both my hands and my tx warm ). On the RaydioWarm itself I plan to have a fixed external antenna.

Would appreciate any help here.
ballemann is offline Find More Posts by ballemann