HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:48 PM
United States, CA, Northridge
Joined Apr 2004
93 Posts
Discussion
Fancy Foam Blender question

Just built a Fancy Foam blender. Does very easy rolling circles. But can't get it to roll straight. Would a differential aileron arm work here ? Left off the wheel pants . Don't think that would make a difference.
Suggestions.
Marc
marcwv is offline Find More Posts by marcwv
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2008, 01:22 AM
Monroe, Michigan
Joined Oct 2002
1,647 Posts
Marc,

Before trying that make sure that your ailerons are moving the same amount of travel. The way I do this is to set the ailerons up to just touch the interplane struts. This should give you 45 degree throw both up and down. If that doesn't change anything start to look at lateral and vertical balance of the airplane. Bipe's are extremely effected by both of these. Shoot me a PM if you'd like and I can see if I can help get it figured out for you.

Andrew
Andrew Jesky is online now Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Old Oct 18, 2008, 06:24 AM
United States, CA, Northridge
Joined Apr 2004
93 Posts
Thanks Andrew,
I'll take a look at these. I did already look at the ailerons on the struts,they were off a sixteenth. Didn't think that was the problem as the issue is in a right and left roll . It seems that it would be in only in one direction if it was the difference in aileron travel
marcwv is offline Find More Posts by marcwv
Old Oct 18, 2008, 07:41 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
I like to set mine up to hands off knife edge , if a bipe pulls to the belly or wing set your battery in a position so the plane flys virtually hands off. This and a good balance upright and inverted you should be locked in to produce any manuever. This is a dynamic plane and well thought out design. Andrew makes it look so easy though. Giving any lessons my friend!!

John
xtremeRCpilot is offline Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot