HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:45 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,035 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho Ki-61 Hien version 2

As one of the few Japanese liquid-cooled engine fighters the elegant form of the HIEN was the pride of the Japanese airforce during the WWII. Kyosho has recreated the HIEN as an 4-cycle 50, 2-cycle 46 class engine scale model. The balsa main fuselage is covered in printed MasterCote film for a lightweight finish in a unique military camouflage pattern. With the inclusion of split flaps and tire covers that open and close with the retractable undercarriage, the flight performance and style of the HIEN has been recreated in amazing detail. As all main sections are pre-assembled, simply join the main wing halves, attach the tail wing, load the engine and connect the R/C system to complete. Whether as a feature interior display or for its exciting flying performance, the HIEN promises a fascinating historical insight into this unique fighter.

This model will come complete with Carbon and steel push rods. This will drop the assembly time for this model, and make assembly easier.

The scale spinner is included with this ARF. The spinner will allow you to use a 3 blade or 2 blade propeller.

Width: 1405mm
Length: 1049mm
Weight: 2650g
Wing Area: 32.5dm2
Wing Load: 81.5g/dm2
Wing Type: Semi-Sym

ARF Contents
260cc Fuel tank
Equipped with retract landing gear
Tires
Rudder connected tailwheel
Linkage parts
Special spinner for 2-blade or 3-blade propeller
Carbon Linkage for tail

Part #: 11867B Street Price $169.99 (GP version)
Part #: 10867B Street Price $169.99 (EP version)
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Last edited by TimJohnson; Oct 18, 2008 at 11:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:00 PM
Central Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
328 Posts
Doggone it! And I've just recently finished version 1 after adding some of the new included detail and clearcoating the old gloss covering.

I'm working on the Kyosho 109 now, painting over the violet covering, installing retracts, etc., and I bet the next new release will be a 109 with improvements, flaps, retracts installed and a stunning scheme to boot.

Anyone wanna buy a Kyosho P-40 in the box?.............lol.
stallwart is offline Find More Posts by stallwart
Last edited by stallwart; Oct 17, 2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:33 PM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,035 Posts
LOL Thats funny! You are getting them lined up LOL!!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:36 PM
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Dec 2005
1,925 Posts
Very nice. I'll be starting to assemble my Kyosho Spitfire 90 in a couple of weeks after I return from a trip to Korea to visit with my wifes family. Maybe I'll have to get one of these in line......or the FW 190........or another Bf109.....or maybe a P-40.........or......
KentuckyColonel is offline Find More Posts by KentuckyColonel
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:41 PM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,035 Posts
ROFL!!!

you mean to tell me that I will have a EP converted Spitfire 90 up before you finish your GP? LOL

have fun in Korea!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Dec 2005
1,925 Posts
Yep, I guess so. I'll be putting a Magnum 1.20 4-stroke in mine....along with a coat or two of LusterKote clear....just in case......
KentuckyColonel is offline Find More Posts by KentuckyColonel
Old Oct 20, 2008, 08:13 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,498 Posts
Hmmm very nice..... Battery hatch.... Looks good.
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2008, 07:45 AM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyColonel
Very nice. I'll be starting to assemble my Kyosho Spitfire 90 in a couple of weeks after I return from a trip to Korea to visit with my wifes family. Maybe I'll have to get one of these in line......or the FW 190........or another Bf109.....or maybe a P-40.........or......
Well come out to Blackstar when you get back. I usualy fly on Sundays with the Scale Squadron group. I have my Spitfire dialed in, there is another in the club with one. The three of us need to get in the air at the same time....I will get someone to hold a video camera....LOL