HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by epwierman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
3,089 Posts
aftermath

48 hours later, two very long days and nights, all our stuff was secure. Very thankfull to all the men and women supporting this effort!

The the US Forestry, La Crescenta Sheriff, and LACO Fire, we thank you for saving our homes and keeping our families and loved ones safe.

Special thanks to the Kern Hot Shots Divisional Lead. He had the fore thought to get behind the fire, work his way up the rigde on foot; 3500 feet of vertical elevation. He and his team worked 27 hours before relief came in. They only had what they carried in; nomex clothes, hard hats, goggles, shovels, a variety of fire starters, food and water for 2 days, and a sleeping bag. They had no respirators, nor oxygen bottles. When we arrived, Silvia had fresh foccia bread for them and hot pasta, and I was armed with a dozer and a full tank of diesel. These guys spearheaded the effort to save the forest, they assumed a very offensive position, and took on extreme situations with the weather. All this while the vast majority of early resources were defensively battling the front lines. They were quite happy to put this "volunter" to work and tell me exactly how to support their efforts with the Cat. On a personal level, the Kern Guys are the MVP's in my book, the most professional of professionals, upbeat and positive allways, love their work, and their spirit, real "fighters" and team playersb..And I will forever be greatfull for allowing me to assist, the risks they took and the outstanding results they produced. Cheers to the Kern County Hot Shots!!

Eric P. Wierman
epwierman is offline Find More Posts by epwierman
Last edited by epwierman; Oct 17, 2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:55 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,153 Posts
One sentance, "far out" !!!

Joe

Ps the worst conditions bring out the best in people
jjmouris is offline Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:16 PM