HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mastrsn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 04:48 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Discussion
The 'Easy Stick'

What do you do when you have a perfectly good Easy Star wing and lots of Slow Stick parts? You add a bit of perversion, spray on a bit of paint and call it an 'Easy Stick'. Dawn Patrol member Bill Birch has been flying one for years and has a lot of fun with his, so I figured it was my turn to try. I used my usual set up- a tower pro 2409-12 and an 18 amp speed control. I have tried to use the Aerobird Extreme wings before with little luck. The wings are too narrow and even though it was balanced right, it would loose altitude quickly in a turn. The Easy Star wing has more width and a nice airfoil. The wing also makes the Stick faster and more fun to fly. A welcome perversion to my fleet!
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2008, 09:53 AM
Texas Buzzard
McAllen,Texas
Joined Mar 2004
1,034 Posts
We Think Alike.

I have a used EasyStar sitting here and last week I thought that the EasyStar wing would be a good one to use for my type of flying. Then here it is........I found your post with photos of what I had been thinking about.

Do have an estimate for the weight Ready to fly w/ battery?

My BIG question is: How did you join the wings OR what did you do to
keep the wings together AND maintain the proper alignment for dihedral?

In the EasyStar the wide fuse and tight fit holds the wings right where they should be.

DID YOU GLUE THOSE WINGS TO MAKE A ONE-PIECE WING? thanks.
Texas Buzzard is offline Find More Posts by Texas Buzzard