Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2008, 05:21 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
No, basically I'm pointing out that a review from an online retailer usually isn't going to be truthful. They are in business to sell products after all. If they were to post bad reviews of products they sell, they wouldn't get many sales now would they?

Now the better question is, exactly what's the point in your replies so far?

To be honest I don't really care what the point of your replies is. I can see that you're starting on the road trying to leave troll bait, and I'm not going to bother feeding into it.

Here's a similar review to this one by the same person. I'd honestly like to see regular users able to do the same type of reviews. At least that way it might be possible to get a semi non biased review.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934957

They give the Skylift a glowing review even though it has HUGE short comings and issues. Like I said, take any review with a grain of salt and research yourself.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Last edited by Barak1001; Nov 30, 2008 at 05:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2008, 05:32 PM
Californication
Joined Nov 2007
1,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbowser
all choppers have cons- the MCX simply has less. you said it yourself- you want to save frustration and $$ . i have seen very few happy Axe CX owners.
The only "con" I see in the mCX is the charging system and maybe the fragile battery connectors. I'd like to see an AC powered charger with LIPOs easier to remove and a more solid connector.

Beyond that, it is an exceptional value for the beginner, and at least a good value for the experienced pilot that wants something this small and light to fly indoors. I've flown helicopters for many years and haven't crashed my mCX even once, but I still don't see how anyone (even a beginner) can really crash this hard enough to break off balls or do any damage. It hovers so well, all one has to do is let go of cyclic and just use throttle enough to keep it in the air or land. I suspect that most crashes are from pilots pushing it to do more than it was designed for. Funnels and whatnot might be fun to try , but no one can blame E-Flite if you smack a wall out of control.

Rudder in this helicopter IS the best in ANY coaxial and if carried forward to the CX2, E-Flite will sell many more larger coaxials.

It's not "cheap", but it's hardly extravagant for what one gets. Bulletproof DSM2, solid and reliable construction, extremely stable with the most crisp rudder in any coaxial, etc..

Regards
rbinc is offline Find More Posts by rbinc
Old Nov 30, 2008, 05:43 PM
Californication
Joined Nov 2007
1,234 Posts
Quote:
Here's a similar review to this one by the same person. I'd honestly like to see regular users able to do the same type of reviews. At least that way it might be possible to get a semi non biased review.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934957

They give the Skylift a glowing review even though it has HUGE short comings and issues. Like I said, take any review with a grain of salt and research yourself.
I agree. The "review" is almost verbatim HL marketing. It's a horrible choice for the beginner, far too expensive and does indeed have huge shortcomings.

But while this review is also very similar to HH marketing, it's pretty well spot on. There is precious little to fault in the mCX when kept in the context of their marketing. E-Flite never claims that one can do anything but enjoy solid and reliable 4-ch coaxial flight indoors. It performs as advertised and is not sold as an alternative to anything else. There are no claims that it is "better" than what it is.

I've flown CP ships for twenty years and I still get a kick out of it in the office. Yes, it's not a modded CX2 or NEE, but it's a fun little heli.

Have you bought one yet?

Regards
Old Nov 30, 2008, 06:00 PM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinc
I agree. The "review" is almost verbatim HL marketing. It's a horrible choice for the beginner, far too expensive and does indeed have huge shortcomings.

But while this review is also very similar to HH marketing, it's pretty well spot on. There is precious little to fault in the mCX when kept in the context of their marketing. E-Flite never claims that one can do anything but enjoy solid and reliable 4-ch coaxial flight indoors. It performs as advertised and is not sold as an alternative to anything else. There are no claims that it is "better" than what it is.

I've flown CP ships for twenty years and I still get a kick out of it in the office. Yes, it's not a modded CX2 or NEE, but it's a fun little heli.

Have you bought one yet?

Regards
Exactly well said
crashdumby is offline Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Nov 30, 2008, 06:30 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001
........................... I'd honestly like to see regular users able to do the same type of reviews. At least that way it might be possible to get a semi non biased review.

Every one of the reviewers here on R/C groups started as a "regular user".
It is inevitable that some reviewers will do a better job than others and it is inevitable that you cannot keep everyone happy with the way a review is done.

I think Mike Heer doies a good even handed job on his reviews, as do MANY other people. He is not biased.

On the other hand, you have been extolling the virtues and superiority of the Lama helis over the subject of this review thread, the mCX, while you happen to have a web site where you sell upgrades and spare parts for the Lamas...

Sounds pretty biased to me.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 30, 2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:24 PM
Californication
Joined Nov 2007
1,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
Every one of the reviewers here on R/C groups started as a "regular user".
It is inevitable that some reviewers will do a better job than others and it is inevitable that you cannot keep everyone happy with the way a review is done.

I think Mike Heer doies a good even handed job on his reviews, as do MANY other people. He is not biased.

On the other hand, you have been extolling the virtues and superiority of the Lama helis over the subject of this review thread, the mCX, while you happen to have a web site where you sell upgrades and spare parts for the Lamas...

Sounds pretty biased to me.
Agree. Further, from his own posts, he hasn't even plopped down the "outrageous" price of $99 for a BNF of his own.

Regards
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:16 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinc
Agree. Further, from his own posts, he hasn't even plopped down the "outrageous" price of $99 for a BNF of his own.

Regards
I have and I agree with everything in the review. I have seen reviews though, where the reviewer was deliberately avoiding mentioning known problems. The best review is to go out and look at the threads and see what people are saying about it. Also, go on Youtube and watch videos... you will see a trend.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:55 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
There's no point in me buying an MCX. I flew one at the LHS. It's not what I need in a chopper. Notice I've continually said the MCX was a great micro coaxial.

I'm wondering why exactly owning an online store makes you unable to have an opinion.

You have to remember that the worst thing I said about the MCX is that it's a bit pricey and has a tendency for certain parts on it to break easily.

I spend quite a bit of time helping people and rarely ever plug my own store. On the other hand RCgroups gets paid advertising dollars directly by these companies and the reviewers are given free samples to review.
Old Dec 01, 2008, 09:36 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,463 Posts
Quote:

I'm wondering why exactly owning an online store makes you unable to have an opinion.

You have to remember that the worst thing I said about the MCX is that it's a bit pricey and has a tendency for certain parts on it to break easily.

Did anyone say that you did not have the right to an opinion? We all do and in the open nature of the forums, those opinions are the subject of discussion, argument, agreement and disagreement.

I happen to disagree with your two points above and I happen to feel that it looks a little weird for you to tout the Lama in the review thread about the mCX.

Is that a bad thing?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Dec 01, 2008, 12:12 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust
Has anyone seen the MCX's in stock anywhere?

Randy
HobbyTown.
HeliDirect
Hobby-Lobby International

for starters.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Dec 01, 2008, 12:14 PM
No, you can't fly it.
United States, WI, Menomonie
Joined Nov 2006
699 Posts
Not to mention Hobby-Lobby Intl. has a 20% coupon...top banner here on RCG
SwissBoy is offline Find More Posts by SwissBoy
Old Dec 01, 2008, 12:16 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtakeo
Ths new chopper is amazingly stable. I didn't think it was possible to top the ease of use of the CX2 but the MCX definitely does it.

Here's mine from some unique angles and a familliar tune:
Adjust your linkages. The heli should lift completely vertical if your links are the correct lengths.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Dec 01, 2008, 12:21 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBoy
Not to mention Hobby-Lobby Intl. has a 20% coupon...top banner here on RCG
Not good for the mCX...read the fine print.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Dec 01, 2008, 12:31 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
Did anyone say that you did not have the right to an opinion? We all do and in the open nature of the forums, those opinions are the subject of discussion, argument, agreement and disagreement.

I happen to disagree with your two points above and I happen to feel that it looks a little weird for you to tout the Lama in the review thread about the mCX.

Is that a bad thing?
Quote:
It is twice to three times the helicopter value when compared to the Lamas and similar helis that sell for around the same price or a little less, in my opinion.
The quote above was made directly by you on page 2. You compared the MCX to a Lama and said that it was two to three times the value of one. I responded. That's how I came to mention them.

Edit: I'd also like to add that it's ridiculous that I'm trying to strum up business for my online store in this thread. There isn't enough money involved in selling mod parts for a Lama/CX2 to make me type something just to get people to buy our products.

The online store is more of a hobby currently than a source of income. In the future that may change, but I'd hope that even then I still won't type something completely untrue or participate in unscrupulous business practices in order to get orders.
Last edited by Barak1001; Dec 01, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2008, 12:41 PM
Joined Sep 2004
759 Posts
Quote:
There's no point in me buying an MCX. I flew one at the LHS. It's not what I need in a chopper. Notice I've continually said the MCX was a great micro coaxial.

I spend quite a bit of time helping people and rarely ever plug my own store. On the other hand RCgroups gets paid advertising dollars directly by these companies and the reviewers are given free samples to review.
You're allowed to have an opinion, but it's also the opinion of many others that you have what is called in business "a conflict of interest".
ssgtakeo is offline Find More Posts by ssgtakeo