HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wemattson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 01:31 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2006
100 Posts
Discussion
Flying on a Perfect New England Autumn Morning

It's been awhile since my last blog entry so I figured I would update it and post some recent photos.

Since my last post I have added an Alfa Models F-86 Sabre to my squadron. I built it with the components recommended by Hobby Lobby; Little Screamers Jet Screamer motor, 1500 mah LiPo, Jeti Advance Plus 18 ESC. This plane flies great. I think it may be the best overall flier in my meager collection.

The weather has been spectacular this weekend with temperatures in the low 50's and no wind in the morning and warming up to the upper 60's/lower 70's with a gentle breeze in the afternoon. As a result I have been able to squeeze in a couple of mornings of real nice flying.

Saturday I took my Fokker DVII, P-47 and newly built Sabre out for some flying. I was able to get a couple of good flights on each plane. On Sunday I was able to get a few more flights in with the Sabre.
wemattson is offline Find More Posts by wemattson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:20 AM
Registered Triplane Addict
Winchester MA
Joined Jun 2004
1,770 Posts
Nice shots and nice planes! Where in mass do you fly?
68Strat is offline Find More Posts by 68Strat
Old Oct 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2006
100 Posts
I live in southeastern Mass and do most of my flying at Old Rochester Regional High School. It's a nice place to fly because the baseball, soccer and field hockey fields are side by side with no obstacles and the fields are always empty on weekend mornings. plus the way the fields are arranged, the sun is at your back until about 2:00pm.

If you are ever down in this area, let me know.
wemattson is offline Find More Posts by wemattson