HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by pda4you, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2008, 09:41 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,695 Posts
Very nice photos Mike! I missed my usual airshow this year, so I really enjoy getting a look at others photos. Thanks for taking the time to post 'em!
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:15 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,497 Posts
Thanks Jon....

I about wet myself when I saw the Mohawk.....then they F4F near it had me worth the price of parking.....

I was shocked at how small the Mohawk was.... Thought it was a bit larger like the OV-10....

Ronnie went earlier in the day and got to see both fly - I was totally jealous...

Not a great picture day...very hazy... but we still managed to catch a few nice ones...

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,695 Posts
He told me you were in love with the Mohawk!

I'd like to see one fly ... never have yet!
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:20 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,497 Posts
Yea the sad thing is he had the left seat empty on his flight....NOW THAT IS JUST WRONG.....

RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:44 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
I was there on Sat Mike. I have never seen a Mig-17, muchless see one fly. That turn was sooo tight! Not sure but the engine seems to quiet. This year, I really enjoyed the show. For the last year I got me an extra300 from 3dhobbyshop and been TRYing to fly some 3D. I just though those moves were just for TOY planes! O yeah I made good use of those port-a-potty! This the third year in a row for me at the airshow. I'm hook on high speed passes.You see them pushing it across the field. You don't hear anything, so quite and powerful! Then it passes you a few seconds later ROAR!!!!! O YEAH! I love it between the time you see it pass you and right before the roar. So peaceful hehee.
Danny
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:44 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,497 Posts
Thanks Danny - it was a blast - we arrived late, so I missed much of the flying - except the T-birds!

My first Mig17 too....That and the OV-1 would have been great to see. And the F4F....
RCG Plus Member