SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2003, 03:03 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Tiny-Xpert kits available

Due to popular demand I have a new Tiny-Xpert kit available.

This kit is for the experienced scratch builder and contains the best of the best contest wood hand selected by me. Contains no hardware, only the wood, plans, wing-jig, and control horns. Now you can add your ultra light carbon tube fuselage, carbon rod landing gear and pushrods to come up with the lightest plane possible.

Price is $32.95 and you will not be dissapointed with the wood quality. Rog-E came down this weekend and helped make 200 kits and the wood for this last run was really good but the few kits we made for the Xpert is fabulous....!

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Last edited by Todd Long; Feb 17, 2003 at 03:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2003, 03:25 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
ARGH! You had to do that after I just placed an order with you on Friday! Is this going to be a limited production deal? IE, do I need to get my order in right now?
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Feb 17, 2003, 03:33 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Sorry Tres,

We only made 20 kits because of the hours and hours that go into sorting the best laser cut sheets and sticks to put into a kit.

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Old Feb 17, 2003, 03:43 PM
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,858 Posts
Todd,

That's just what I've been waiting for! I hope I'm not too late--I'll try right now.

Thanks!
-Ted
Ted U is offline Find More Posts by Ted U
Old Feb 17, 2003, 03:55 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Do they come with limited edition certificates? Just placed my order. So now I'll have THREE Tiny X's!
Old Feb 17, 2003, 04:21 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
Yeah, there needs to be a signed limited edition certificate of authenticity .
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Feb 17, 2003, 06:57 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BEC
Yeah, there needs to be a signed limited edition certificate of authenticity .
But what if they are not authentic?

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Old Feb 17, 2003, 07:37 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
Well, then I guess we need a counterfeit "Todd Long" signature on a fake certificate.......I'm sure Roger could come up with something. (Order is in.)
Old Feb 17, 2003, 07:38 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
I have a GWS IPS-D- A (dual) that I was going to put in a home made mini IFO type plane. Would this motor work well with the Tinx-X using 2-cell 1020mah LiPolys and a 11x4.7 prop? Would it have a little too much torque?

The other possibility would be Tres' geared 010 setup, although I was going to put the 010 in something else.

Which one would you guys recommend and how well do you think the IPSD-A would work?

Thanks

-- Acer
Acer is online now Find More Posts by Acer
Old Feb 17, 2003, 08:41 PM
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,858 Posts
Acer-

I started flying the Tiny X with the IPS DX-A and 9x7 with a 2-cell 1020 pack. It certainly was fun.... I recently converted to the AF 010 geared setup with a 9x7 and 3-cell 1020 pack. It is a different breed with this setup---check out the numerous posts by Tres Wright, but "seeing is believing". It is amazing!

If you have a choice, go brushless and you won't be disappointed!

-Ted
Ted U is offline Find More Posts by Ted U
Old Feb 18, 2003, 02:17 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Acer-
==Would this motor work well with the Tinx-X using 2-cell 1020mah LiPolys and a 11x4.7 prop? Would it have a little too much torque? ==

I'm sure it would work quite well, I've heard good reports of twins on the old Tiny. I haven't had much luck getting the Tiny or Tiny X to fly on low pitch props though, the X in particular flies much better if you carry some speed into maneuvers. You might try a 10x8 or 11x8.

==Which one would you guys recommend==

As Ted mentioned, the geared 010 setup on 3 cells really sings! The 5.33 gearing on a 10x8 or 4.43 on a 9x7 are both good setups, picking one depends on whether you like speed or torque more
Old Feb 20, 2003, 12:02 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
Mine's here and it's VERY nice!

My Tiny-Xpert arrived today..... beautiful wood indeed. I can see a lighter X in my future for sure - ideal for the indoor venue at Magnuson Park.

Also, this is my first look at the finished Tiny-X drawings (my current airplane was built using 11X17 printouts of parts of the then-unfinished drawings). Very clear and lots of little extra illustrations clarifying things most plans don't address.

Todd tells me there are only five Xpert kits left from the first batch....
Old Feb 21, 2003, 01:38 PM
Hiigaran member
'on a mountian in New Hampshire
Joined Aug 2002
904 Posts
GOT ONE! Can't wait till it arrives. Thanks for emailing me concerning the prop shipping issue Todd! BTW, there actually IS a "counterfeit" tiny out there but I am not going to give them any free press here. Fight back! Buy from Todd!
Lone Yankee is offline Find More Posts by Lone Yankee
Old Feb 21, 2003, 02:19 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Mine arrived too, I haven't opened it yet but I will weigh it against the "stock" Tiny X kit I have and report the results. Should be quite good, Todd really knows his stuff when it comes to selecting balsa.

==there actually IS a "counterfeit" tiny out ==

If you're talking about the Wes Technic kit, it's legit. But that's the old Tiny, or "Little Tiny" kit. Todd used to sell the kit through his site before he came out with the Tiny X. Those kits are still available in a few places.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 01:13 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
What additional hardware is everyone using for their Xpert kits? I'm finally going to get a Tiny-X and why not the lighter one? What diameter of carbon tubing and rod? Thanks!

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter