HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2009, 06:51 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,404 Posts
No reinforcements to main fuse, but I always do that anyway - having a heavy fan/motor in the back and huge 6s batt up front with nothing but foam in between is asking for trouble.

For the gear, maybe they just put a bigger screw in the strut? Dunno, I haven't seen ver1. It seems a little less sloppy than reported??? We'll see when I get a little further along with the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Those rods they used are massive. I don't think they needed two of them. Especially rods that size right in the way of the airflow.

Are there any reinforcements to the main fuse?

And what changes are made to the landing gear? If it's the same spagetti aluminium as it was before..then your right, it's not enough.
dro56595@bigpo is offline Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2009, 09:59 PM
Kill Devil Hills 27948
Joined Mar 2009
420 Posts
Well got a chance to fly mine today!!!
this was a artf one did not do any mods to it other than changed the wire on the nose wheel and use the factory battery an was not a long flight??? maybe a 3 min flight,but do have the 6 cell to but all went well other than one rear gear came lose,but other than that went well!!! will be going up to Frentress in Va Beach to the the jet rally to show off!! Hope all goes well
obxfishfuzz is offline Find More Posts by obxfishfuzz
Old May 23, 2009, 09:26 AM
Joined Apr 2008
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster
Though I share a sad moment with you guys. Here is what happen when my 50cc aerowork 260 meets a straight gust of east crosswind on landing goin north to south...... .... ......
I lost a Laser 200 to the exact same thing yesterday. Mine was a 48" electric version though...
wpmcnamara is offline Find More Posts by wpmcnamara
Old May 23, 2009, 10:46 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
V2

Well, looks like the new V2's are at BH for preorder and available in 4 colors now.

No kits that I can see as of yet. And I just got the V1 kit off someone.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1866.html
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old May 23, 2009, 11:05 AM
Joined Aug 2008
2,404 Posts
Had a little time on my hands waiting for more hardware to arrive, and I was sick of spackling and sanding; so I thought I'd add a little cockpit detail. Have I gone too far? Am I a sick puppy?

Cheers,

Dan.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dro56595@bigpo; May 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old May 23, 2009, 11:29 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,250 Posts
Yes you are sick! But it looks great!
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old May 23, 2009, 12:37 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
So is that a varient of the Lander 90mm fan in the V2 models now? Pete is claiming 130mph speeds on 6S (It comes with a 6S now in RTF form). If it comes with the Lander fan and motor then I'd be inclined to try the RxR one (minus lipo).
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old May 23, 2009, 01:47 PM
MYC
Inconceivable!
USA, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2005
1,942 Posts
I don't know about the fan/motor but someone in China really liked Pete's ball-link nosewheel! The new one is an exact copy! Pete, looks to me like you just made the R&D team
MYC is offline Find More Posts by MYC
Old May 23, 2009, 05:42 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
I have to say one thing I do like. I have the small version of the tiger paint that starmax max. That huge waterslide decal over the whole top of the plane really adds durability to the plane. I have noticed it is less likely to get a ding and is more durable. I would bet it will do the same for this large version. It also stifens up the wing area.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old May 23, 2009, 09:57 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYC
I don't know about the fan/motor but someone in China really liked Pete's ball-link nosewheel! The new one is an exact copy! Pete, looks to me like you just made the R&D team
LOL!

It wasn't me. Someone else on here suggested the same thing. I just copied them.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old May 24, 2009, 03:39 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
Dan, Thats one sweet looking cockpit! The green screen looks as it was glowing.

wpmcnamara, sorry to hear that to. It still plays in my mind over and over as if I could have done more about.

130mph wow
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old May 24, 2009, 04:31 PM
Joined Aug 2008
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Dan, Thats one sweet looking cockpit! The green screen looks as it was glowing.
Thanks. It's just an inkjet print of a photo which has the colour vibrance increased. When there's light on it, it looks like it's glowing!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2009, 04:45 PM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
551 Posts
I am definately getting the tigermeet v2. Looks as though they incorporated carbon rods in the wings and added rudders to the setup.

chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer
Old May 24, 2009, 05:50 PM
another damned tree!
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2007
235 Posts
Quote:
Though I share a sad moment with you guys. Here is what happen when my 50cc aerowork 260 meets a straight gust of east crosswind on landing goin north to south...... .... ......
Ouch! Sorry partner.
datsfubar is offline Find More Posts by datsfubar
Old May 24, 2009, 06:41 PM
another damned tree!
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2007
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevronflyer
I am definately getting the tigermeet v2. Looks as though they incorporated carbon rods in the wings and added rudders to the setup.

I REALLY LIKE HER!
datsfubar is offline Find More Posts by datsfubar