Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Thanks for your quick help. I was very concerned about that weight issue.
Now I will sleep better....
At the moment Im applying the waterslide decals, after Im done Ill post some pictures.
Greets and thanks again.

Alex
Minicocker is offline Find More Posts by Minicocker
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:36 PM
High Voltage
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
Where are you guys buying this plane from? I cant find it anywhere and I want another one. I know blitz rc discontinued it from BH. Is there a Starmax distributor??
dhf23 is offline Find More Posts by dhf23
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:03 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,701 Posts
Bought mine off eBay about 3 weeks ago; wife immediately embargoed it, along with a couple other things, as Christmas contraband . So, no store that I know carrying it - wish they did.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:26 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhf23 View Post
Where are you guys buying this plane from? I cant find it anywhere and I want another one. I know blitz rc discontinued it from BH. Is there a Starmax distributor??
I am thinking of selling my V2 Tiger Meet. New in box. I had two V1s, loved them. But have too many other projects if you know what I mean.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
No power to engine

I'm searching around and will continue to do so but I just bought a FA-18C 70mm and although everything else works, I can't get anything out of the engine. Am I missing something obvious? No instructions came with the kit.

Also, looking for the trainer cd-roms from esky if anyone knows where I can find one.
jjlevek23 is offline Find More Posts by jjlevek23
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
@ DHF23, we have a little hobby store on the Air Force Base in the Florida Panhandle that has F-22s and possibly an F-15 or two...I'd have to swing by and look. they sell anywhere from $250-$400 I believe for the full kit.

Update........I went back today and they bugged out...shelves are completely bare as if they never existed.
Last edited by jjlevek23; Jan 04, 2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: update
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:28 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,701 Posts
Uuhhh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlevek23 View Post
I'm searching around and will continue to do so but I just bought a FA-18C 70mm and although everything else works, I can't get anything out of the engine. Am I missing something obvious? No instructions came with the kit.

Also, looking for the trainer cd-roms from esky if anyone knows where I can find one.
Is this your first RC plane? EDF's really not the simplest place to start. You DO have a transmitter, right? Batteries in it? And installed correctly? Is the throttle all the way down when you plug in plane battery? Do you get any kind of tones out of the plane when you plug in plane battery?

These are all basic kinds of questions. Tell us just what you have, what you did to get it ready, where you are in the ability cycle. What are you saying when "although everything else works, I can't get anything out of the engine." What is everything else? -ailerons? Elevator? Rudder? Steering? And are they all going the right way?
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Thanks for the response. Basically yes on everything. First plane and I have a transmitter with batteries. Elevator, rudder, steering, etc all work properly with the exception of the motor...I had been getting nothing when I push the (left) stick forward. Covered all the common sense stuff besides that. The plane beeps twice when I plug the battery in and continues until I turn on the transmitter. I did manage to get a 1/2 second run of the motor a couple times so am trying to troubleshoot it now. Slow progress to say the least but it is progress.

The plane also came with an esky trainer and transmitter that plugs into my computer. Same transmitter as the one for the plane and it's like a video game. Pretty neat concept but the disk ended up being cracked. My luck is horrible.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:52 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlevek23 View Post
Thanks for the response. Basically yes on everything. First plane and I have a transmitter with batteries. Elevator, rudder, steering, etc all work properly with the exception of the motor...I had been getting nothing when I push the (left) stick forward. Covered all the common sense stuff besides that. The plane beeps twice when I plug the battery in and continues until I turn on the transmitter. I did manage to get a 1/2 second run of the motor a couple times so am trying to troubleshoot it now. Slow progress to say the least but it is progress.

The plane also came with an esky trainer and transmitter that plugs into my computer. Same transmitter as the one for the plane and it's like a video game. Pretty neat concept but the disk ended up being cracked. My luck is horrible.
The disk with the sim software is a freeware program called FMS. Here is a link for the download.

http://modelsimulator.com/

Also, you always turn your transmitter on first, then plug in the plane. Then when done, you unplug the plane then shut off the transmitter last. Its actually very unsafe to plug in the battery on your plane first.

You could be getting a binding issue when you plug the plane in before the tx is on as well.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Mar 31, 2013, 03:50 PM
Dongskie
Philippines, NCR, Mandaluyong City
Joined Jul 2007
1,077 Posts
Recently acquired a shelf queen after a bad crash, and previous owner has successfully put it back together faithfully.

Dongskie is offline Find More Posts by Dongskie
Last edited by Dongskie; Jul 29, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old May 18, 2013, 03:09 PM
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share some pics with you.

Maiden flight is still to come, but the weather here is terrible.

Best greetings.

Alex
Minicocker is offline Find More Posts by Minicocker
Old May 18, 2013, 11:07 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,414 Posts
Very well finished. Looks great!

All the best for the maiden.
dro56595@bigpo is online now Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2013, 03:04 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
466 Posts
Nice landing gear as well.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt
Old May 21, 2013, 06:23 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,916 Posts
Alex
your plane looks terrific!
I only have one concern that you left the stock main gear location which will give poor ground handling. It is located way too far aft of the CG. Take off rotation will require a lot of speed then the plane will "leap" into the air. The aft main gear location will also make the plane very easy to tip onto the wing tips as the nose gear will have too much weight on it making it very sensitive to steering inputs.

I know you may be reluctant to start cutting and modifying (as I was) but you will not regret it once you see how much better the plane performs with the mains in the right place.
Cheers Eric
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 08:29 AM
Campinas - Sao Paulo - Brazil
Joined Jul 2008
79 Posts
Friends , i need a little help here for this F-18 90m:

I have a 6S 4500 35C and i have a doubt between this two HET Motors: 600-32-7 and 700-60 1738kv.
I intend to use only on 6S and i dont care too much for speed, but i need Thrust.

Anyone can tell me wich one is closer for my needs ?

Thanks!
Metallica2000 is online now Find More Posts by Metallica2000