HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2009, 07:24 AM
Joined Apr 2009
630 Posts
Watching this thread with great interest.

I want to get a scale EDF for some scale funflys I'm going to starting at the end of June.

This one really has my interest because I have 4 packs of Hyperion G3s that are 6S 25C 4000mahs.

For me 6S packs are usable for both my big helicopters at 12S and my planes at 6S so why not get a little more use out of them for a jet too

I'd just like to say the new G3s are so far the best batteries I've ever used. Awesome power also available in 35C discharge. They barely rise in temps during a flight. I drain a 12S pack in 5 minutes on a 700mm 3D heli. Same with smaller 35Cs in a TRex 450. And the price is real good. Not quite as low as Zippy's but about 2/3s of the cost of the premiums.

Best thing about them is they can be charged at up to 5C and are claimed to give 4 times the cycles of other current manufacturers. That of course remains to be seen but as cool as they stay I'm optimistic

I think I'm going to push the button on this dude soon. I can install the rudders myself. I've got quite a few HS65MGs and HS85/81MGs laying around to upgrade with as well as a bunch of CF rods too so waiting for the V2 might not be worth it for me. The one thing it does come with is the better RCLander fan but they don't cost much and I have a spare 85 and 100A ESC too so I'm pretty well set.

Keep up the good work guys!! I'm sure I'm not the only one watching this
QueeQueg is offline Find More Posts by QueeQueg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2009, 08:14 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,251 Posts
I'm going back to No Cal next week. I thought I might just stop by Tam's and see what I can carry out
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old May 27, 2009, 09:20 AM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
My retracts have steel wires, maybe thats something they fixed at the factory. If the buzz is gonna kill the servo eventually i will use it long enough to get the maiden in and then replace them all with MG high torque servos. The servos in it now are the stock servos that it came with, they seem to be just standard servos nothing fancy at all.
Ordered me four Zippy 2200mah 3s 25c lipos yesterday. Cant wait to fire this up on 6s.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old May 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
Joined Aug 2006
119 Posts
the V2 are supposed to have the metal gear servos now on the gear now?? Any one seen these in action yet?
poochies is offline Find More Posts by poochies
Old May 27, 2009, 10:53 AM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
My retract servos apear to be plastic gear, one of them is clear plastic so i can see the gears inside. The plane just arrived last week.
Old May 27, 2009, 10:58 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,251 Posts
Your's may still be V-1 model. Does it have rudders and dual carbon rods in the wings?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old May 27, 2009, 11:08 AM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
Mine does not have rudders and doesnt have any rods in the wings. At least not yet, rudders look like a simple mod to this plane.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:29 AM
Joined Apr 2009
630 Posts
The V2s aren't shipping yet.

Anyone get any confirmation from Bannana hobbies as to whether they're on schedule?

If they are, they're already in a container headed this way and BH should know if this is the case.
QueeQueg is offline Find More Posts by QueeQueg
Old May 27, 2009, 11:31 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Well the initial launch was a disaster as far as shipping went. I hope this time it is on point.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old May 27, 2009, 12:09 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Bob, You heading back up to San Jo this week? Man they have kept you busy lately. You get a free chance shoot me a email or give me a call if you pass through. The Scooter is ready to go .

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old May 27, 2009, 12:50 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray2602
Mine does not have rudders and doesnt have any rods in the wings. At least not yet, rudders look like a simple mod to this plane.
That confirms it. It's a V1 which is NOT a bad plane. Just needs the mods that we've described. That also means that your landing gear has the "spagetti" wire in the struts which is very easy to change.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old May 27, 2009, 01:12 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
Im still skimming through this thread, got up to page 25 or so now. What are you referring to as the "spaghetti" wires? The pushrod wires from the retracts on mine are steel and seem to be not flexing, although i did have to reinforce the retract housing where the rods go into it to make the wire push and pull straight instead of wobbling around and binding the retract up. Is that what you are reffering to? Short of a servo failure i think these retracts will hold up fine if they dont take some really hard landings or something.
Old May 27, 2009, 03:27 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray2602
Im still skimming through this thread, got up to page 25 or so now. What are you referring to as the "spaghetti" wires? The pushrod wires from the retracts on mine are steel and seem to be not flexing, although i did have to reinforce the retract housing where the rods go into it to make the wire push and pull straight instead of wobbling around and binding the retract up. Is that what you are reffering to? Short of a servo failure i think these retracts will hold up fine if they dont take some really hard landings or something.
Nope! We are referring to the wire that goes from the retract unit INTO the strut itself. And all the smaller wires inside the strut if you take it appart. They will bend. Regardless of landing. If not the first time then the second. Scroll down to about mid page here as we've detailed what should be done.
It will save about 80 pages of reading.

Landing Gear-
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...936603&page=90

Also scroll down and you will see required/optional/suggested list of mods to keep the plane flying.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...936603&page=98

There you go!
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Last edited by Pepperpete; May 27, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old May 27, 2009, 04:46 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
Great info. Thanks for all the help. I made it to about page 40, but that info pretty well sums it up. I hadnt noticed the wire you were talking about, im sure it would have bit me eventually.
Old May 27, 2009, 06:13 PM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
551 Posts
i got a confirmation email today on my order stating it will ship on the 11th still.... hope this holds true, cant wait to get flying this beast
chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer