HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2009, 01:35 PM
MYC
Inconceivable!
USA, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2005
1,942 Posts
Series ... Parallel ... Parallel ... Series I get 'em mixed up.

If you want two 3s packs to be 6s... (series right?) that's the one to be carefull about... Like Lynxman said
MYC is offline Find More Posts by MYC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2009, 01:45 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray2602
So i might just buy four 3s1p 2200mah packs and wire them up to make a 4400 6s2p pack. I also dont have a charger that can charge a 5s or 6s pack, so this route might kill two birds with one stone.
I have this setup in Kyosho Corsair. 2 sets of 2x 3s 2200's in parallel and those then in series.
Works quite well and there are parallel harnesses and series harnesses available through a variety of places(or make your own).
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old May 26, 2009, 01:48 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
I understand the hazards. I will be buying 4 new packs to run in series and parallel, so they should be a match set assuming the mfg didnt screw up. I always balance charge packs of course and never fly to below 20% capacity if i can help it. I run a 3s2p setup on another of my jets and it works great. As long as all the lipo packs are in good condition everything should work fine.

I checked the CG with the apx weight of the four packs in the airframe and its pretty close. So as long as i can cram four 3s 2200mah packs in there with all the wiring it should work out.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old May 26, 2009, 05:16 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
Hi Pete,
Yes I do mean 95mm or forward
Ok gotcha. Wow moving it to 95 I really have to add a ton of weight to the nose...

There is no way for me to move that battery any farther forward. Drat.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old May 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,299 Posts
What battery are you using?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old May 26, 2009, 05:38 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,730 Posts
Quote:
What battery are you using?
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6419

It balances with 7g's of weight in the nose at 100mm.
Old May 26, 2009, 08:05 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,299 Posts
Are you still using the JS-1490 and Haoye? I am using the XPS 5S 5000 and 6S 5000
Old May 26, 2009, 08:52 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Are you still using the JS-1490 and Haoye? I am using the XPS 5S 5000 and 6S 5000
Yup! I haven't swapped the motor. I have a feeling on 6C it's going to be awesome. I didn't go for a higher MAH pack because of your recommendation in pack size and I need vertical and don't want to add the extra weight.

Honestly I like the XPS batteries but it comes down to cost vs performance. And I get excellent performance vs anything else out there with the Zippy's and Rhino's. I tend to look sideways now at the guys swearing by Flightpower. Especially when they throw in the zippy pack...realize they get MORE power in most cases...and then they go cry because they could have had 3 of the zippy's for their single Flightpower/Thunderpower.
Last edited by Pepperpete; May 26, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old May 26, 2009, 09:05 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,299 Posts
The XPS's are also in that price range as the Zippy's and Rhino's but with MORE performance But You WILL LOVE it on 6S Please get video!!
Old May 26, 2009, 10:47 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
I finally have my retracts all working correctly. I had to sorta re-engineer the rear retracts to get them to lock in the up position perfectly. The front retract servo buzzes continuously in either up or down position. I checked that its not over extending the push rod in both directions. Does this constant buzz mean that its going to burn out after awhile or is it simply an anyonce that ill have to live with? Ive never owned a set of retracts, first time for everything.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old May 26, 2009, 10:49 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,730 Posts
Quote:
The XPS's are also in that price range as the Zippy's and Rhino's but with MORE performance But You WILL LOVE it on 6S Please get video!!
Hmm... Your right. I just had a look at the XPS batteries and the price isn't out of this world. Not to mention they say rated from 30C to 50C and they are the same weight as the battery I have now. It's 100mah less than the Zippy but that's not really much of a big deal.

They should really include the deans installed though. I can't stand soldering those or at least they should include it.

For those of us who don't know who XPS is and try to do a google search only to find the Dell Laptops and Gaming systems batteries (arg that was frustrating...) it stands for Extreme Power Systems. You will find it MUCH easier.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:52 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray2602
I finally have my retracts all working correctly. I had to sorta re-engineer the rear retracts to get them to lock in the up position perfectly. The front retract servo buzzes continuously in either up or down position. I checked that its not over extending the push rod in both directions. Does this constant buzz mean that its going to burn out after awhile or is it simply an anyonce that ill have to live with? Ive never owned a set of retracts, first time for everything.
You don't want buzz. It not only drains your receiver pack MUCH faster but it will burn out your servo as well. A properly setup retract system will have no buzz. A buzzing servo is being stressed one way or the other.

What servo do you have installed? I ended up switching to HS-225MG's to solve that problem. HS-85MG's work fine as well but if you are getting buzz on those, then you don't have the retract pushrods aligned correctly.

For the gear did you make the modifications we've suggested like replacing the crappy aluminium wire with piano/spring steel wire? Trust me they WILL bend without them and that's not how you want your first experience with retracts to go or it will ruin it for you.
Last edited by Pepperpete; May 26, 2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:54 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,090 Posts
I find XPS is always out of stock .Thats the problem . I need some for my new F-16 .

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin
Old May 26, 2009, 11:05 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,299 Posts
Tony,
They have a BUNCH of batteries coming in next week Keep watching, or better call them next week. heck tell them I told you to call about them and maybe they can "find" some for you
Old May 27, 2009, 07:17 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,090 Posts
rvincent,

Thx I will call them. I took Tam up on that combo deal. Thats what you need ? Hooking up the controls on my F-18 now . No hurry are runway has been flooded all year . Maybe in the next two weeks we can use it .

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin