SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2008, 10:09 AM
NJ
Joined Sep 2008
55 Posts
Discussion
BlueBaby Help - KFM3 Wing 42"

(Thanks Tony )

I have been going through the BlueBaby posts for over a week now and finally decided to buy cheap foam board ($ store) to try it out. Started with the fuselage - no problems. But now I am totally confused with the wing construction. Is there a photo essay (or video) to help me on how to build the wing; didn't find any in the posts.

I have seen the instructions PDF and every other PDF on the topic but I am still confused

TIA
RcTrooper
rctrooper is offline Find More Posts by rctrooper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2008, 10:30 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctrooper
(Thanks Tony )

I have been going through the BlueBaby posts for over a week now and finally decided to buy cheap foam board ($ store) to try it out. Started with the fuselage - no problems. But now I am totally confused with the wing construction. Is there a photo essay (or video) to help me on how to build the wing; didn't find any in the posts.

I have seen the instructions PDF and every other PDF on the topic but I am still confused

TIA
RcTrooper
Here are some pics or another KFm3 build (Tony's MO-109). The process is the same. You need to bevel the leading edges of the main (bottom wing piece) wing and the top KFm wing piece so when the are placed together they form a 90 degree angle. Tape the beveled edges together mating them so when the top piece is folded up vertically a 90 degree angle is formed.

Position your spar on the bottom wing and glue it in place. Mate the rear KFm strip up against the spar and glue in place. Fold the front piece over onto the spar/ rear KFm pieces, glue them into place using weights to hold things together. Here are some pics of a typical wing. Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Last edited by Foamenator; Oct 09, 2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 08:45 AM
NJ
Joined Sep 2008
55 Posts
Thanks Fomenator,

I am considering using 1/2" rectangular/square dowel for spar......Is that good.

How to put in the dihedral - wouldnt that be the week spot?

TIA
RcTrooper
rctrooper is offline Find More Posts by rctrooper
Old Oct 11, 2008, 09:02 AM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
The main difference in using $ store board and FFF as Foamenator has pointed out is the leading edge.

Use a 1/4" spar as the plans show.

This is some added help and instructions.
Post 7921
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...81556&page=529

If you post ?? on the BB thread we will be happy to help you out.

Mike
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Old Oct 11, 2008, 09:55 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctrooper
Thanks Fomenator,

I am considering using 1/2" rectangular/square dowel for spar......Is that good.

How to put in the dihedral - wouldnt that be the week spot?

TIA
RcTrooper
RC....
1/2 sq spar is way too big and heavy. 1/4 inch sq will be fine. Glue your spars to the wing then butt the ends of your spars together and put thin ply reinforcements with the dihedral cut in on each side of the spar. Glue one spar with the light ply on each side and let it set up, then do the other sideIt will be plenty strong. Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator