Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 24, 2009, 09:57 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_LaLanne
...maybe the detection is the connector shorting video/ground on plugin?
You are close... there are two paralel rows of contacts on each side of the connector.
The connector make some shortcuts, don't know exactly how, but you can try with a wire each pair of contacts.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:27 AM
Certified Power Juicer
Joined Feb 2009
804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
You are close... there are two paralel rows of contacts on each side of the connector.
The connector make some shortcuts, don't know exactly how, but you can try with a wire each pair of contacts.
I just tried that and shorted all the pins but no detection took place. Could you try and find out what it is?
Jack_LaLanne is offline Find More Posts by Jack_LaLanne
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Easy Glider DIY FPV canopy
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:58 AM
S. Wales
Joined Jun 2008
447 Posts
Be carefull about shorting wires together you might blow some thing. Seems to me that if all wires cut and the camera works properly when the plug is in position the A/V in/out is activated by a mico switch in the socket. Try the no wire test again.
jon davies is offline Find More Posts by jon davies
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:25 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,281 Posts
This can be verified easily by taping the jack and try plugin.
If the camera sense it, then is mechanical, else electrical.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 03:17 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Quote:
The H model Camileo's closer in features to the newer GVS Aipteks have 5mp and 7mp CCD sensors.

CCD would be far better than CMOS.
especially in 1080p mode where movement with a cmos is handled badly.

The H10 CCD or H20 CCD would be my next camera i think.

On a side note. (Warning if you like)
DO NOT get the newer GVS 600,700 models of the Aiptek camera, they are crap for FPV.
They have a built in Image Stabilisation that works only at 60fps in only 2 of the lower resolutions.
The quality of the image stabalised video on ground motion is the worst ive seen.
Buttons are crap, the sensor picks up on a reflection from the lense back onto itself, showing a small circle in the recorded video, etc.
And some other problems, stay away from the new model Aipteks.

I saw the old AHD100 model on sale here for $80 retail over the counter, thats about $50 usd.
And It really is a LOT smaller in size than all the following aiptek models.
Each Aiptek Model seems to get biger and bigger, lol
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Old Jul 24, 2009, 03:29 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby
CCD would be far better than CMOS.
especially in 1080p mode where movement with a cmos is handled badly.

The H10 CCD or H20 CCD would be my next camera i think.
Could be, but... no 1080p mode, 1280 * 720 only, too heavy at 314 grams, no 60fps in any resolution, I think there are enough cons to skip.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 03:55 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Quote:
Could be, but... no 1080p mode, 1280 * 720 only, too heavy at 314 grams, no 60fps in any resolution, I think there are enough cons to skip.
Yeah, you are right, its not much chop is it.
i'll pass too, lol

I liked that car recorder camera you linked to the other day, now that looked amazing, hopefully we dont have to wait too long for that to hit the market.
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:22 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
463 Posts
Anyone care to guess why my Aiptek A-HD+ won't pickup the signal from one of my new FPV recievers? This one http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...products_id=12 to be exact. I can plug another screen into the receiver and it works, I can plug another AV source into the aiptek and it records.

I do have two 3 foot cords plugged into each other so it's a 6' run from the RX to the Aiptek, maybe too far? The only other thing I can think off is the camera I'm using is 550 lines, maybe the Aiptek doesn't like that?

Any help would be appreciated.
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:40 PM
Certified Power Juicer
Joined Feb 2009
804 Posts
Quote:
This can be verified easily by taping the jack and try plugin.
If the camera sense it, then is mechanical, else electrical.
that was the key. I put shrinkwrapped the 3,5mm connector and A/V conenctor state detection still happened. I put a screw with shrinkwrap in order to maintain permanent detection. PERFECT thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon davies
Be carefull about shorting wires together you might blow some thing.
I assumed it won't do any harm to short the ground/video/l/r pins because users potentially short them. Am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon davies
Seems to me that if all wires cut and the camera works properly when the plug is in position the A/V in/out is activated by a mico switch in the socket. Try the no wire test again.
obviously you're right (see above) but I still can't figure where that switch is. I will do some research about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00bd0g
Anyone care to guess why my Aiptek A-HD+ won't pickup the signal from one of my new FPV recievers? This one http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...products_id=12 to be exact. I can plug another screen into the receiver and it works, I can plug another AV source into the aiptek and it records.
can you compare the voltage of the two receiver video signals? maybe the voltage of the new receiver's video signal is lower.
My KOPIN video goggles like the video signal from awm635 rx module which has higher voltage than "IF DVR" which doesn't work with the goggles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00bd0g
I do have two 3 foot cords plugged into each other so it's a 6' run from the RX to the Aiptek, maybe too far? The only other thing I can think off is the camera I'm using is 550 lines, maybe the Aiptek doesn't like that?
did you try the same wiring with your known working setup?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jack_LaLanne; Jul 24, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:30 AM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
446 Posts
some apitek action shots also to compare the result to the "normal" fpv cameras. Shot on 720P30frames. Compressed for editing to widescreen TV and actually zoomed in even more to clp the vingetting caused by my wide angle lens. also the changed lens lets too much light on the sensor.Thats why the snow in the sun clips pretty bad. Still a retty epic result for 40g extra weight and a 80 camera. Be sure to look at the downloadable 35mb version to actually see a bit more quality. Unfortunately Vimeo website quality got really bad lately I think.
Its not a good comaprision though cause the aiptek file go shrinked a lot in this clip.
watch it full screen on the Computer is another world again.

Cant wait to have it as a pan tilt setup one day! I cant say it often enough: "Please smart people out there !help to find the cable"!
Snow in July (3 min 19 sec)
Patscherpofel is online now Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Last edited by Patscherpofel; Jul 25, 2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:33 AM
Does it fly?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2007
844 Posts
Quote:
One month... how soon ?
It's been that long already?

Sadly I have more important things to finish first, at the moment.
It's coming though, don't worry
Gussy is offline Find More Posts by Gussy
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:07 AM
Certified Power Juicer
Joined Feb 2009
804 Posts
somebody got a pointer to the automatical power up function (without using magnet) ?

patscher: nice video. I envy you mountain guys for those sights
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jack_LaLanne; Jul 25, 2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 07:19 AM
Certified Power Juicer
Joined Feb 2009
804 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=317

in the right picture, this is the power on mod. the two pins connected are visible. but what's that on the end of the wires? I don't want to risk smoke by just shorting them. any advise?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Easy Glider DIY FPV canopy
Old Aug 06, 2009, 11:31 PM
Joined Jul 2009
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_LaLanne
I just tried that and shorted all the pins but no detection took place. Could you try and find out what it is?
Hi Jack, I have an Action-HD that uses the same mechanism I believe. Try bending up the second pin from the front. It seems that when the sort is removed, then the detection is triggered.

Hello everyone!

About the action-hd, thank you for the advice about the auto focus being a hindrance during flight, what i've done is point the camera at a distant object and when the focus hits infinity and pulled the cable that controls the focus, thereby locking it.
SkySmurf is offline Find More Posts by SkySmurf
Old Aug 06, 2009, 11:51 PM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
446 Posts
skysmurf,
never seen this camera, is it the action hd?
am I right that the camera head is seperated from the board by a standard cable and plug?
Patscherpofel is online now Find More Posts by Patscherpofel