HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2009, 08:38 AM
Panama City, Fl
Joined Jan 2009
458 Posts
Unedited A HD+ from my TwinStar II

I haven't found a solid .mov editor yet. The one I used keeps failing.
Also, the camcorder battery died in flight.
Some reason, it's not in HD. I guess I went over my "1" limit.

Twinstar II with A HD+ (6 min 33 sec)

Enjoy,
Joe
motojoe996 is offline Find More Posts by motojoe996
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2009, 11:40 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,981 Posts
delete
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old May 25, 2009, 01:15 PM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris76
What he said! Dowload the file and you'll have the actuall footage the camera recorded in it's memory.
Thanks, I found the download button, got the file, and it looks much better.
Tom in Cincy is offline Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Old May 25, 2009, 05:52 PM
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Apr 2009
72 Posts
Has anybody solved the sensor board connector extension issue?

If not, I'd like to give this a shot since Ive worked with these types of connectors before and have three catalogues full of these connectors that I can flip through and several suppliers I can talk to.

Now heres the kicker. I don't have this camera (yet), but if someone were to get accurate measurements of the connector preferably with a caliper or some other accurate device (see attached pic) it would speed everything up here.

If this would pan through, I'm sure whoever helped out would get a connector and would be fairly compensated for their work.

Please check out the attached picture for the required measurements.

--mrbrt
mrbrt is offline Find More Posts by mrbrt
Old May 26, 2009, 06:03 AM
albertocvr
Joined Jan 2007
296 Posts
This is what you can expect from a jaitek hd camera 720* in which a change the original lens with a ccd-killer one ( much wider ) .
Now the problem is with heli vibrations .... I will try with another head speed to minimize vibration .

http://www.vimeo.com/4841511
albertocvr is offline Find More Posts by albertocvr
Old May 26, 2009, 06:12 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,446 Posts
jaitek? Google returned nothing about this camera...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 26, 2009, 09:40 AM
albertocvr
Joined Jan 2007
296 Posts
This is the camera http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=51
And this is part of the transformation http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=538

I donīt know unther what trademark they sell it in USA , JTC in Germany .
I thing is this one , but not shure http://www.teptronics.com/hdv178.html
albertocvr is offline Find More Posts by albertocvr
Last edited by albertocvr; May 26, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:13 PM
Canada
Joined Dec 2004
287 Posts
mrbrt, I got a caliper but i'm waiting to get my camera. I will send you the connector specs when I receice the camera.

Later!

Kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrt

If not, I'd like to give this a shot since Ive worked with these types of connectors before and have three catalogues full of these connectors that I can flip through and several suppliers I can talk to.

Now heres the kicker. I don't have this camera (yet), but if someone were to get accurate measurements of the connector preferably with a caliper or some other accurate device (see attached pic) it would speed everything up here.

If this would pan through, I'm sure whoever helped out would get a connector and would be fairly compensated for their work.

Please check out the attached picture for the required measurements.

--mrbrt
Kosmic is offline Find More Posts by Kosmic
Old May 26, 2009, 01:31 PM
Tom Para
Joined May 2003
1,206 Posts
Quote:

If not, I'd like to give this a shot ..........--mrbrt
It would be great to solve this problem. Maybe you could email TVDUDE310. He did a lot of work on getting this issue resolved until he blew his Aiptek up. I see he has not been on RCG since Dec '08 but maybe his Email still works.
I just bought one off Ebay. Still awaiting its arrival. I am considering buying an AS-IS for cheap that I could cannabilize. Expensive way to do things but it might be worth it in time saved and pin-out knowledge gained.
tp
Old May 26, 2009, 03:33 PM
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Apr 2009
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic
mrbrt, I got a caliper but i'm waiting to get my camera. I will send you the connector specs when I receice the camera.
Later!
Kos
Good Stuff! I had some pictures from earlier on in this thread and I interpolated some of the measurements from what was given, and the terminal/connector pitch (width of metal contacts) should be 0.5mm.
I tried to get some of the other measurements but the pictures aren't taken from topdown, so theres parallax error.

The best pictures would be macro shots, and would include all of the measurements I put up in the picture attached to my first post. It would be good to have side/side/top views of both female and male connectors as well.
It may seem like a chore, but if I get those values, finding a part will be a matter of a day of looking through the catalog.

Ive already narrowed the connectors down to 9 possible matches..

Kosmic, are you west or east coast by the way?

-mrbrt
mrbrt is offline Find More Posts by mrbrt
Old May 26, 2009, 06:47 PM
Canada
Joined Dec 2004
287 Posts
Quote:
Kosmic, are you west or east coast by the way?
East coast (Montreal city).

Kos
Kosmic is offline Find More Posts by Kosmic
Old May 30, 2009, 11:22 AM
Certified Power Juicer
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2009
947 Posts
http://vimeo.com/4914841

I thought I'd run into huge aerodynamic trouble but two test flights in strong winds showed it's no problem
Jack_LaLanne is offline Find More Posts by Jack_LaLanne
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FlyFly Hobby ASW28
Old Jun 03, 2009, 02:32 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,446 Posts
Maybe has been alread posted, and solved, but can't find with a search:
If you detach de LCD, how you start the camera? seems that attaching battery isn't enough to start operating...
After start, if all wiring is done, is it enough to press front record button, or there is needed to play with joystick to make any selection?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 05, 2009, 12:56 PM
Tom Para
Joined May 2003
1,206 Posts
To get FPV out to the 2.4ghz xmitter is everyone cutting up their stock AV cable or does Radio Shack have a generic cable?
Tnx
Old Jun 08, 2009, 03:17 AM
Does it fly?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2007
844 Posts
So, it's been a long time since I have been in this thread. I return with good and bad news.

The bad news first.

For those who may think about trying to desolder connectors and solder on FFC connectors. Dont.

With all the right gear (and quite a bit of soldering experience), I managed to remove the camera modules connector using hot air, and solder on FFC connectors. Job done. Advance to go, collect 100mg of lead poisoning.
Then it came to the connector on the main board, not a chance. I am suspicious that it may be glued down to help with the doublesided reflow assembly process, because I put a stackload of heat onto that connector's pads and it wouldn't bugde.
I knew the tracks would lift sooner or later, but figured I was too far in to give up or go backwards, then I got to that point. A few of the tracks on one side lifted. Bugger.

At this point I gave up, if I could be bothered, I could possibly green-wire it and *maybe* get it working, but I couldn't be bothered, not for a $150(aud) camera.

The good news, I tested the camera right up until I started removing connectors, I can safely report the following things:
- Removal of the flash assembly is fine, camera still works
- Removal of the speaker is fine
- Removal of the flash capacitor is fine
- That damn capacitor packs a punch, I lost count of the amount of times I zapped myself while handling the PCB. Short it out with the screwdriver too when you have removed it.
- One important thing, you can screw out the lens, and put in one of the standard (M12?) lenses that we all use on the KX-XYZ-whatever style cameras.

Don't think I have admitted defeat though!!

My new plan, when I buy myself another damn camera, is to try again, but this time, leave the connectors on. Instead I plan to get a adapter PCB fabbed up with my next PCB run, that converts the 36 pin connector into a FFC (flat flex cable) connector. Then I can simply (heh, I will regret saying simply...), simply remove the camera module, insert the adapter cable between the main board and the module., and voila, job done. Hopefully.

I am determined to make a cheap, simple, 720P HD, FPV setup, and hopefully one that can be mass (read, more than one) produced/converted.

The recording/zoom bars on the av out are quite annoying to me to fly with, but who really cares, when you have the recording after the flight.

For those interested, I am currently looking at these connectors for the adapter cable. I also have a reflow oven I can solder them in, making it easy to make them up.

Main Board -> PCB
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dk...ame=H5216CT-ND

PCB <-> PCB
Connector: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dk...me=HFJ136CT-ND
6" Cable: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dk...ame=WM10221-ND
8" Cable: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dk...ame=WM10245-ND
Optional Shielding: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dk...me=240-2161-ND

PCB -> Camera Module
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dk...ame=H5239CT-ND

(Edit, found all the connectors, now I just need to get a PCB made up.)
(Edit again, added a ferrite core, in case the FFC needs shielding.)
Gussy is offline Find More Posts by Gussy
Last edited by Gussy; Jun 08, 2009 at 04:09 AM.