HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2009, 05:51 AM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersbr
Hello. I have a little problem.
i have a stripped a-hd+ mounted in the easystar with extention cables to the sensorboard to get pan/tilt.
The Video out is connected, but i dont remember how to navigate the menu to activate video output when camera is powered on. I dont have access to connect the viewfinder screen anymore

Can someone please explane me the procedure?

Thanks.
-Anders

on my ahd100 I have to press (after I press power)
1)down
2)select

Explantation:
when I power it, it asks me to choose between external mic or av out
second choice is avout...but it could be different on the a-hd+
good luck Anders!
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2009, 10:21 AM
Staten Island, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2006
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel
on my ahd100 I have to press (after I press power)
1)down
2)select

Explantation:
when I power it, it asks me to choose between external mic or av out
second choice is avout...but it could be different on the a-hd+
good luck Anders!
It is exactly the same on A-HD+
1)down
2)select

Ro
Pepelatz is offline Find More Posts by Pepelatz
Old May 13, 2009, 05:10 PM
Panama City, Fl
Joined Jan 2009
458 Posts
Question.
My A-HD+ isn't powering up anymore.
With a fully charged battery, it will not power up (blue lights). I've tried waving the magnet, which used to work ALL the time and then, plugging in the LCD screen and using it's power button, which used to work.

I get the green lights, indicating charge mode. Also green lights with the USB connected. Lights on the right side of the joystick.

Can anybody trace where power gets transferred to power it up?
Green lights indicating power is available MAY be a good thing.

I appreciate it,

Joe
motojoe996 is offline Find More Posts by motojoe996
Old May 17, 2009, 12:28 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2008
29 Posts
Does anybody on here use fatshark goggles to view the standard definition that comes from the Aiptek AHD or AHD+? If so is the picture quality in the goggles noticably better than using a regular ccd such as KX131-KX191 or ccd killer cmos camera?
FPVlover is offline Find More Posts by FPVlover
Old May 17, 2009, 12:45 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
Yes
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=306
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 18, 2009, 03:54 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Just a few notes on the flight tests on the new AHD 600 or GVS

The lense is pretty good to fly by, better than the earlier cameras, a little wider field of view.

The Image Stabalizer only works when recording 720p 60fps, so i flew in that mode, and still noticed the camera still stuggles to records to card, and output the live video via tha AV out.
The cpu or gpu or whatever just doesn't have the horsepower raw preccesing speed to be able to do both things at once is what it boils done too.
Especial flying over trees, i really notice the AV out framerate drop dramatically.
But the recordings turn out perfect, so at least the recording takes first priority.
I used Class(6) SD Cards now btw.

The buttons for rec , the toggle, zoom, menu buttons etc on this camera are really bad, both in qualty and layout position. really, if you tried your hardest to come up with a worse layout, i don't think you could, lol

The focus lock worked, that thats a non issue, but in all honesty, i dont think we have hit the sweet spot yet with these cameras.

Point of interest, this new camera actually does now record at full hd, (1920 x 1080p) comfirmed, so we have one little tick of approval there, and the recording bit rate is 8mbits per second. ok i guess, i can see the compression when watching the footage.

And lastly, flew it in the Mentor today, really didn't like it, i think i need to put a gyro on the rudder, and i will have to increase the fin somewhat.
Was suffering from the worst Headtracking induced pan tilt rig turns today !!! eek.
At one point i thought, oh stuff it, and gave in to just flew the plane with my head, see how long i could control the plane doing so, lol
ie, whereever i look, thats where the darn plane would turn towards, sound cool, but trust me, it was pretty stupid way to fly.

Anyways, i say PASS on this camera, wait till the next model, probably only be a few months away, lol

cheers.
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Old May 18, 2009, 04:49 AM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
445 Posts
thanks for the review!

the av-output struggle is pretty lame...is this the case on all other models that can do 720P60f? anybody else has this problem?
did you have a chance to compare the ntsc mode maybe?

if it really is the case that the cameras cant handle 720P60f and Av out at the same time then I will be happy with the my current a-hd 100 (720P30f and 480P60f are both smooth looking in the goggles)
Old May 18, 2009, 05:08 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
I think the old A-HD+ camera can handle 720P60f , this one has one more burden, the stabilization, maybe this is the reason of the issues.
Wobby, can you try to use it without stabilization to see if it still stuggles to record and output TV?
Else, if you pass this camera... what is your choice? I was convinced it is the most advanced to date...
Old May 18, 2009, 02:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Ive also noticed something else, i have to do some side by side tests, but for some reason, I have a feeling, when doing AV out and recording, the the recorded video isn't as good as when just recording without AV out running.

I reviewed my footage again on a FULL HD tv last night after my post above, and something doesn't look right, the quality looked pretty bad to me, i could see my focus lock was a little up the duff, i think i looked the focus to close in.

Anyways, it will be light here in a few hours, i'll do a proper outdoor camera test.
1/ Recording with IS
2/ Recording without IS
3/ Recording Plus AV out running with IS and without
4/ And if changing AV out between pal/ntsc makes any difference to AV out framerate when recording.

Yes I think the AHD 100 and 200 were the best, they did not suffer from any lag, but the 30fps really only allowed for very very smooth flying in still conditions.

The AHD 300 (HD+) has lag at 60fps, never really flew in 60fps mode because of that.
It seems now a SD faster card doesn't improve the lag issue either.

Hopefully the switching to AV out as NTSC will, fingers crossed.

This new GVS (AHD 600,700) definitly is the best camera so far for quality of image with regular recording, but AV out something doesn't seem right.

Ive only just put the raw files onto my computer, so i will have to have a quick look see what they look like, but what i saw on the FULL HD tv didn't look good.

I think for 60fps and doing AV out, i dont think any Aiptek is up to the task yet?

Anyways, i'll do some more ScIenTiFc tests in a few hours, lol
Old May 18, 2009, 02:13 PM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby

Anyways, i'll do some more ScIenTiFc tests in a few hours, lol
thanks Doctor Wobby
Old May 18, 2009, 02:31 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby
I think for 60fps and doing AV out, i dont think any Aiptek is up to the task yet?
Then, if not Aiptek, who else? At what weight and price ?
Old May 18, 2009, 02:37 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Wobby,

I think you'd better do some with/without ground testing before making such broad sweeping conclusions, the evidence is a bit wobbly (pun intended) at the moment

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 18, 2009, 02:51 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
lol
Old May 19, 2009, 12:28 PM
In the middle of nowhere
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
931 Posts
Aipitek action HD jamming my GPS

I'm not sure if this is well known or not. I can't go back and read all 40 pages.

The plan was to do a ground test of a Long range control system. I had setup a test platform with the Action HD mounted on one corner of a board and my handheld (Garmin Etrex) mounted about 8 inches in front of camcorder so I could see screen of GPS in the video.

With just the GPS turned on I was locking into 7 or 8 satellites good and strong. As soon as I turned on the Aipitek I could watch all of the bars drop drastically and lose 3 or 4 completely. I repeated this at least 10 times.

I then hooked up my buddies Sony camcorder and it had no effect at all on the GPS

With the Aipitek, I had to move it two to 3 feet away before I started getting good GPS lock again.

I thought you guys might find that interesting.

BTW, did anyone ever come up with a solution for the stop recording on bad signal?

Cheers,
Spud.
_Spud_ is offline Find More Posts by _Spud_
Old May 19, 2009, 01:04 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
I can confirm that Aiptek A-HD300 has no influence over remzibi osd gps.
You can see here one of my fellow planes:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2523416
Aiptek is not mounted but you can see the hole and how near is the OSD at less than one foot.
A flight here with this combo, 1km high! with GPS info PIP:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=395