HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2009, 06:26 PM
Panama City, Fl
Joined Jan 2009
458 Posts
A search showed me that it looks similar to my A-HD+.

So this is what I do for power, without the LCD screen:
One the LCD side of the case, you should see a small magnet in the upper, middle, inside (curved) part, by the ribbon cable. On the camera side (fwd edge), towards the bottom of the circuit board, there should be a little black/grey button-looking item. Pass the magnet in front of this button thing a couple of times. Maybe just put the two together for a split second and remove the magnet.
Keep in mind, I still have the mode/joystick board still attached to the main board, so I can toggle as required and an LED visual for power indication.

Hope this helps and sorry for the long post.

Joe
motojoe996 is offline Find More Posts by motojoe996
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2009, 02:50 AM
Dornbirn / Austria
Joined Mar 2008
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel
I actually cant see the mentor video because youtube says I am not allowed to see it in my country ...you should switch to vimeo one day...its really nice to keep track of the good videos in there
you can use hidemyass.com to bypass that
solars is offline Find More Posts by solars
Old May 08, 2009, 10:39 AM
Netherland, Watergang
Joined May 2007
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by not103
Hello,

I've purchased a Aiptek C100 and I put it on my EZ!

Here the videos of first tests:

http://www.vimeo.com/4500256

So I uncased it to loose weight but I have a problem: if I dont connect the LCD display the cam doesnt power on. Does it work with AV out connected??

My target is to use it for FPV with an OSD, but I also save some weight.

Hi NOT103

Video looks good but you have to stabilise youíre plane (Gyro's)

Can I ask which wide angle converter you use?
On Vimeo you write : "The wide angle converter is a cheap and heavy china converter, the FOV was great but the quality is really bad (maybe I will use in the future..)."
Did you use the converter in this film. Where can I buy one?
Can you make a picture of the converter or better also a short film so we see the difference.
Thank you,
Frans
fransbr is offline Find More Posts by fransbr
Last edited by fransbr; May 08, 2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old May 11, 2009, 02:49 AM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2008
144 Posts
Does anyone know some good sites to start for information on converting head tracking gyro data to PPM? My goal is to use a seperate Assan 2.4GHz module so the FPV can easily be moved between my two planes.
Sleurhutje is offline Find More Posts by Sleurhutje
Old May 11, 2009, 03:48 AM
Italy
Joined Mar 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fransbr
Hi NOT103

Video looks good but you have to stabilise youíre plane (Gyro's)

Can I ask which wide angle converter you use?
On Vimeo you write : "The wide angle converter is a cheap and heavy china converter, the FOV was great but the quality is really bad (maybe I will use in the future..)."
Did you use the converter in this film. Where can I buy one?
Can you make a picture of the converter or better also a short film so we see the difference.
Thank you,
Frans
I have a gyro on EZ, but need to be tuned.

Hi, the first flight of the vid was done with the converter (u can see a lot of flare, low detail on corner..) the other flight was done without.

I've bought it on ebay, this in an auction similar: http://cgi.ebay.it/Wide-Conversion-L...0|293:1|294:50
not103 is offline Find More Posts by not103
Old May 12, 2009, 03:08 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
Is this on Aiptek topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleurhutje
Does anyone know some good sites to start for information on converting head tracking gyro data to PPM? My goal is to use a seperate Assan 2.4GHz module so the FPV can easily be moved between my two planes.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 12, 2009, 06:34 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Aiptek HD-GVS

lol, doesn't look on topic to me.

Say, just to put it out there, ive tried putting two gyros on my HD pan/tilt HT rig, and it kinda worked.

I had done these tests a while back when i had converted my Mentor to pusher prop, but it was such a dog to fly as a pusher, i didn't get to really appreciate the effects of gyros on the camera.

Anyways, this week i'll pop the gyros back on the pan/tilt and try again.
I've converted the plane back to the prop up front, and she fly's nice again, lol

I guess the idea is similar to video from a real news helicoptor, etc.
They dont put gyros on the heli to smooth the video, they have them on the camera rig.

Anyways, one last thing, got a PM from the Aiptek dude via YouTube last night, he was excited about the Aiptek HD-GVS camera being used on a discovery channel show.
So that got me thinking, has anyone here tried this newer HD GVS camera.
Im finding that the other Aiptek HD Cameras ive had all lag when recording in anything higher that (720p *30fps)
The video out becomes very jerky, and appears to drop to a framerate of 15ps for live video out when recording?
If this new camera didn't suffer from that problem, it may be worth looking at.
It does have optical image stabalizer, not sure if that is any use for fpv, havn't really seen any one post with anything showing any optical IS?

cheers
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Old May 13, 2009, 01:31 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
Forget about the GVS, IF is the same having the code AHD600.
Guys tested here and it features autofocus that CAN"T be disabled !!
A lot of attempts to refocus during the flight, returned it after a week.
Old May 13, 2009, 02:46 AM
Surrey UK
Joined Nov 2005
216 Posts
Hi

I want to buy the Aiptek A-HD+ to put on my Easystar.

Problem - it's not available in the UK.

I have been reading all the information and the Aiptek A-HD+ is the only model in the range with fixed focus. (other models wth auto focus hunt in and out).

Any suggestions?

Regards

Geoff
Geoff Chapman is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Chapman
Old May 13, 2009, 02:56 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
new cam has focus lock

Thanks Renatoa,
Well, you wouldn't beleive this, but i just went and picked up a AHD Z-600 (before i spotted your post) eek
If its the same as the GVS, i'll have to look at the AIptek website and compare the looks.

First off, WOW, the colour, motion smoothness and sharpness looks way better than the previous cameras ive had.
One thing that jumped out at me right off was this, it is wide angle, f5.7mm on the lense.
So i turned the two HD cameras on side by side, to get a good idea of field of view, and yes, the new camera has a field of view totally flyable for fpv, nearly double the previous camera.

Anyways, as soon as i read your mention about AF, you got me in a panic, but its a false alarm, you can turn off the auto focus either via the menu, or simpler, just push the toggle to the right and the AF locks.
So im relieved about that.

Electronic image stab looks great, only works in 60fps mode, so the next big question is how much lag we get while recording at 60fps with EIS turned on.
I'll report back, but ultimately, the proof is in the pudding, and the thing needs to be flown to see how it performs.

By the way, i have the PAL or (Non US) version of this camera.

Looks pretty good so far, im thinking with this built in wide angle lense and EIS at 60fps, it could be a winner.
I can see i'm setting myself up for a BIG let down here, lol

Anyways, the biggest problems in the past have been the jerkyness of 30fps and the exagerated zoom on the old camera's. i think this addresses those problems.

Ive seen footage on youtube where someone got the 60fps footage and converted it to 30fps, creating incredible detailed slow motion footage.
Everything i try going from 60->30 just chops out half the frames, so the playback speed remains the same, and becomes jerky?
Anyone have any ideas?
Tried both Super@ and Virtual dub, no luck.
Last edited by Wobby; May 13, 2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 03:25 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
double wow... thank you for this report, in this case the guys who tested the AHD600 here are completely ... ... beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby
Anyways, as soon as i read your mention about AF, you got me in a panic, but its a false alarm, you can turn off the auto focus either via the menu, or simpler, just push the toggle to the right and the AF locks.
So im relieved about that.
Old May 13, 2009, 03:38 AM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
445 Posts
hi wobby
nice you try this new camera
the 5,7mm zoom lens could be nice for fpv indeed

about jerky images
this might be pal/ntsc problem you have (30frames converted to 25 frames messes up the framrate!!)

the problem comes from the 30P standard all these cameras have these days...the 30P works ok for ntsc and on computerscreens ...but not for PAL!

its a pretty complex topic actually....but maybe just try this:
switch the camera to ntsc and see what it looks like in your goggles
(the goggles can handle both standards...most tv`s cant)
60P and 30P should look clear like this (60P more smooth)

my aiptek can switch between pal and ntsc, so I doubt there is a pal model out there specially for europe
and I use ntsc even if I live in europe, cause it looks better in the goggles

looking forward for your test results!
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Old May 13, 2009, 04:35 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Renatoa,
lol, hmm yes we see a bit of that from time to time, dont we, lol

Patscherpofel,
thanks, Yes the 5.7mm looks fantastic, cant wait to give it a shot.

I had been using a Sony .6 wide angle converter on my other Aiptek cameras, but it really killed the image quality, so its great to see this new camera has such a perfect lense.

Ahh, yes the pain of 30fps/25fps and pal/ntsc. lol
I think even youtube works at 25fps, so when you upload 30fps, it gets knocked down to 25fps anyways.?

I'll try what you suggest and see what happens.
Do some test on the bench this time, as i did try this out in the field ages ago, and couldn't stop the slow framerate on AV out when recording 1080p.

I need to pick up a high speed SD card, this new camera doesn't like my current crop of sd cards, a message about needing a high speed card appears if i record anything higher than 720p-30.

I've always thought the problem was the image proccessor struggling to record, and send av out at the same time, when instead, it may have been my sd cards slowing the cameras down all along ?

all will be revealed, lol

cheers
Old May 13, 2009, 04:48 AM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby
all will be revealed, lol

cheers
cool....
while you are testing you could also open it and see if there is the same connector to have the lens seperate as in the a-hd+ cams

by the way...how cool would be a controleable wide angle zoom lens for fpv
doesnt the cam come with a remote controle? to set this up "easily" in the plane?
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Old May 13, 2009, 05:17 AM
Norway
Joined Aug 2007
9 Posts
activating video out on A-hd+

Hello. I have a little problem.
i have a stripped a-hd+ mounted in the easystar with extention cables to the sensorboard to get pan/tilt.
The Video out is connected, but i dont remember how to navigate the menu to activate video output when camera is powered on. I dont have access to connect the viewfinder screen anymore

Can someone please explane me the procedure?

Thanks.
-Anders
Andersbr is offline Find More Posts by Andersbr