HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Awesome mate, you will love it when it is fully modded they are a blast, i need to order some new batteries i took one of my silverlits out the other day with my mate & most of my old batteries are shot so i let him use the couple of good lipo's in his bike & i used my 1/8 bike.
Ill try and get a vid of one bike with a stock battery and one with the lipos to show the diff. I was amazed so much quicker
Davie79 is offline Find More Posts by Davie79
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Just went down the netball courts and set up my track. Had to change it a little was a bit to hard with the lipos. After a few little adjustments she went good. Ill try and get my mate with a good camera on the weekend coz I got a few good laps out of it. Starting to get the hang of it now
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:25 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie79 View Post
Just went down the netball courts and set up my track. Had to change it a little was a bit to hard with the lipos. After a few little adjustments she went good. Ill try and get my mate with a good camera on the weekend coz I got a few good laps out of it. Starting to get the hang of it now
Cool mate.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Them 45 to 90c lipos have stuffed the stock bikes! To much burst power. Could pull wheelies when I first started useing them. I would flip them if I got on the power to hard out of a corner. Now all I get is a grinding when I pull the throttle on hard.
Old May 17, 2013, 03:41 PM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
578 Posts
Well, I'm way too late to the party but I've bagged me a Ducati.
After reading through these pages I'm really looking forward to getting it.
Syncro is offline Find More Posts by Syncro
Old May 18, 2013, 12:17 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncro View Post
Well, I'm way too late to the party but I've bagged me a Ducati.
After reading through these pages I'm really looking forward to getting it.
Nice ... sone new life for this thread is needed

The best update that you can do, is to replace stock battert with 300mAh 2s LiPo

HK nano-tech 35-70c will fit inside perfectly ...

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old May 18, 2013, 02:36 AM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
578 Posts
Yep thats one of the first things on the list. how do you get around the lack of lipo cut off though? just time your run? Sorry if I missed that in this thread.
I also want to hook it up to my spektrum tx. Pretty straightforward?
Old May 18, 2013, 03:29 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,906 Posts
Quote:
Yep thats one of the first things on the list. how do you get around the lack of lipo cut off though? just time your run? Sorry if I missed that in this thread.
Change RX is not easy ... but possible ... look in the thread ... somebody did it ... for me it is too much work for little advantage
Old May 18, 2013, 03:30 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Yeah it was easier for me to change all the electrics, this is what i used, Losi 1/36 scale 10250kv brushless combo, Hitec nano 35HD servo & a spektrum 3500 micro receiver out of it's case & i use rubber bands for direct steering.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; May 18, 2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old May 18, 2013, 05:02 AM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
578 Posts
If that's the case I don't think I'll bother with the RX for the time being.
It was only for convenience and to try and sort the throttle spike I've read about.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:12 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Don't forget to check the polarity of the battery connector.

Maybe they've changed it, but they were reversed from the standard way of wiring JST batteries. If you plug a normal JST plugged lipo in, it will kill it immediately.

Changing the wires over on the new battery pack is easiest, but I've been wondering if it would have been better to do it the other way round.

I haven't used mine in ages. I really must cycle all my battery packs - I stuck with NiMH to go easier on the motor.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Last edited by Andy2No; May 18, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:16 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
Quote:
If that's the case I don't think I'll bother with the RX for the time being.
It was only for convenience and to try and sort the throttle spike I've read about.
The throttle spike is not a big issue. Once you get it rolling you can go fast or slow right down and it just feels quite natural after a while.

Big bikes kick when you let the clutch out too quickly anyway. I used to ride quite a small one (my biggest was a 200cc Yamaha RD) and it scared the crap out of me when I tried someone's bigger bike in a car park.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:23 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
The small NiMH packs I've used were from here:

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/small_packs.html

I think it was the 210mAh ones... I wrote it up, somewhere in this thread, with pictures. They're the wrong shape but you just cut the plastic and fold at one of the metal joiners between the cells, then tape them. They're a good fit.

That shop is very good for NiMH batteries, and lead acid ones. The postage rates are very reasonable too, and they're pretty quick.

EDIT:

Here you go. I used the 2x2 shaped 1/2 AAA 210mAh packs but the 4x1 shaped packs near the top of that page would probably be easier to cut.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post12816314

EDIT2:

Thinking about it, the wiring on the 2x2 packs I used is probably better for this purpose, otherwise you might have to have a wire running down the side of the pack, and you'd probably need to extend it.
Last edited by Andy2No; May 18, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old May 22, 2013, 09:14 AM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
578 Posts
Well, my Ducati turned up. Pretty pleased to say the least. Looks like new. And considering its essentially a 'toy' it's more than I expected. The moving rider is really cool too!
Haven't had chance to try it properly but I charged it up just to see if all was well and to start with the throttle was stuttering quite a bit but I let it run enough to flatten the battery again and it seems fine. Maybe it was in storage for a while? Looking forward to giving it a proper run anyway.
Old May 22, 2013, 09:54 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,906 Posts
Quote:
Well, my Ducati turned up. Pretty pleased to say the least. Looks like new. And considering its essentially a 'toy' it's more than I expected. The moving rider is really cool too!
Haven't had chance to try it properly but I charged it up just to see if all was well and to start with the throttle was stuttering quite a bit but I let it run enough to flatten the battery again and it seems fine. Maybe it was in storage for a while? Looking forward to giving it a proper run anyway.
Yes it could be some dust or oxidation on the brushes of the motor ... so after a run you may got a more clean contact ...