HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2009, 03:06 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Thanks lalain, these bikes run so nice, and not bad speed on 7.4 volt this track is very slippery and bumpy but it goes round very well with the standard shocks. I have added some more lead to the riders head tonight, just got to sort out the radio now, I still want the leaning rider will I be able to get real radio in it and keep the leaning rider? also how does the rider come off the bike my 200mah lipo runs for 8mins and I get 198mah back in to it, having trouble finding a 300mah battery that will fit, anyone help??
Thanks
Steve
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2009, 08:30 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
Hello Nobita,

This motor is designed by a friend: Charles from Funrctoys, and now made in China, available there with the best price:
http://www.funrctoys.com/eShopWeb/pr...M1306_-_2000KV
For the Silverlit bike, Charles say we can have more power (not for beginner !) if changing:
- Magnets position NSNSNSNSNSNS by NNSSNNSSNN
- A little more big diameter wire.
If interested, say you come from Lalain and ask to speak to Charles
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jan 07, 2009, 08:42 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
Steve, all is fixed with screws but some screws need you put the pilot on left or right to access easier.
My 300mA 2s lipo need a little work for adaptations; maybe can you find near you 240 to 280mA ?
Which rear tyre do you use on the videos ?
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jan 07, 2009, 11:18 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain
Steve, all is fixed with screws but some screws need you put the pilot on left or right to access easier.
My 300mA 2s lipo need a little work for adaptations; maybe can you find near you 240 to 280mA ?
Which rear tyre do you use on the videos ?
Just the stock rear tire, seems to work well can slide it out of corners
Old Jan 08, 2009, 06:12 PM
milton ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2009
88 Posts
silverlit ducati's 49.99@the source!in Canada.

Hey,just saw the silverlit ducati on sale @the source in Canada for $ 49.99.$70.00 off get one, they are going fast.
shanedc is offline Find More Posts by shanedc
Old Jan 08, 2009, 06:23 PM
milton ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2009
88 Posts
help!!!!!

can you guys please tell me where you are getting the motors and batteries from? can you tell me exactly what I need to buy and where to get them from? No one in The Toronto area knows ANYTHING about these bikes and are quite unwilling to help me locate the mod parts you are all talking about.
many thanks,Shane
shanedc is offline Find More Posts by shanedc
Old Jan 08, 2009, 06:45 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanedc
Hey,just saw the silverlit ducati on sale @the source in Canada for $ 49.99.$70.00 off get one, they are going fast.
Is there a link?
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jan 08, 2009, 07:16 PM
Joined Dec 2008
11 Posts
Well, I too have one of these little bikes, but I was not amazed by the stock battery performance, so I bought new electronics. Unfortunately, I am not as good at creative modification as you guys and I think I have pretty much screwed mine up.

I attempted to install a Losi Excelleron brushless motor and ESC for a 1:35 micro truck along with a tiny servo and a Futaba FASST receiver. I actually managed to make them fit by removing some of the plastic from the bike frame, but I could not find a way to keep the little cylinder motor in place. My other obstacle was the LiPo battery. The smallest one I could locate around here was just too big. If I can get the motor to stay in place and find a smaller battery, I might be able to salvage this project. However, right now it looks like I will have to buy another Silverlit motorcycle and try again.

Oh well, I wanted another one anyway.
icecreamslick is offline Find More Posts by icecreamslick
Old Jan 08, 2009, 08:26 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb
Is there a link?
I think this is it;
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Produ...roduct=6018721

But I don't think they ship to the US.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Old Jan 08, 2009, 09:58 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2002
47 Posts
They look better than I thought they would. I grabbed one today when I saw this. $49 plus tax ($57 total). Not a bad deal at all. I'm surprised we have them here in Canada and that Radio Shack in the US doesn't.
mini_helis is offline Find More Posts by mini_helis
Old Jan 09, 2009, 09:24 AM
Taiwan
Joined Sep 2006
255 Posts
I had another video on YouTube.

RC Bike 1:12 Kawasaki & Ducati IV (1 min 23 sec)

Thank you.
Irving is offline Find More Posts by Irving
Old Jan 09, 2009, 11:25 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_helis
They look better than I thought they would. I grabbed one today when I saw this. $49 plus tax ($57 total). Not a bad deal at all. I'm surprised we have them here in Canada and that Radio Shack in the US doesn't.
When I went to the Source's website, they said they are actually affiliated with Circuit City.... "The Source by Circuit City"

not Radio Shack...

either way... neither has the bike here in the US

interesting...

I ended up getting one from Hobbytron... it was $69.95 and they are located in California....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:55 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2002
47 Posts
The Source bought our Radio Shack's here in Canada. They still carry most of the same stuff though that's why I suggested it. Only the name changed here in Canada, nothing else in the store really changed. I'm not sure what's going to happen to our stores here since Circuit City looks like it has/is closing in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
When I went to the Source's website, they said they are actually affiliated with Circuit City.... "The Source by Circuit City"

not Radio Shack...

either way... neither has the bike here in the US

interesting...

I ended up getting one from Hobbytron... it was $69.95 and they are located in California....
mini_helis is offline Find More Posts by mini_helis
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:14 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts

What you think of the little bike AKura2 ? they are great fun, you wont believe how stable they are.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:18 PM
Keswick Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2006
34 Posts
I just picked on up at The Source. Had 1:5th scale Nikko, but I decided it was too big for my space so took it back before opening. This little bike is hard to control in a small space, need some room to get it started - have no idea how the one in the video on a small tile floor was so well controlled? Obviously I have a look to learn about bikes.
rcwannabee is offline Find More Posts by rcwannabee
Last edited by rcwannabee; Jan 10, 2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Update