HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 04:19 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,782 Posts
I went direct steer to be able to do fast consistent laps around a track as i found the stock steering to be too slow when you increase the speed of the bike & it's direct steer with the leaning rider it works well.

I would say any motor you can fit in there will work.

Cheers.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 06:24 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Most of us have all gone brushless Losi set up and 2.4 on these little bikes, its a very easy set up to fit, you can look back through the thread and find loads of stuff on how to do it, GWS esc has a very poor brake and brushed motors dont last long, as to the steering no matter how much lead you put in the rider the faster you go the bike will not turn. The set up is not the same as the Kyosho Hor as this has swinging forks as well as a hang on rider, the Silverlite has just the leaning rider.
Good luck
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old May 15, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Mar 2006
26 Posts
I have moded my ducati to direct steering with the original electronics, I have only tried it in my livingroom with slippery flor with no sucsess butt i will try it outside ASAP.

I can fit the rider, and maybe the direct sterring together with the leaning rider will work nice?
slow_nisse is offline Find More Posts by slow_nisse
Old May 19, 2012, 10:01 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2004
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_nisse View Post
I have moded my ducati to direct steering with the original electronics, I have only tried it in my livingroom with slippery flor with no sucsess butt i will try it outside ASAP.

I can fit the rider, and maybe the direct sterring together with the leaning rider will work nice?
Any pics on how you mod it?
RTECH is offline Find More Posts by RTECH
Old Jun 05, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Mar 2006
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTECH View Post
Any pics on how you mod it?
I will take pics as son as I am home from work!
slow_nisse is offline Find More Posts by slow_nisse
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Hey guys, I've finally had an opportunity to pick one of these gorgeous bikes up, and just received it today. Got the battery charged up, everything prepared, and turned it on. Perfect so far, with decent tx/rx response, and no wheel locking. However, every time I put it down to run it goes about 4 feet and falls over. I've tried launching in different ways and different speeds, but no dice. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Something to note, nothing on the bike seems unbalanced (visibly), but the HOR seems to have more "spring" on one side compared to the other. Potential symptom or root of problem?
Watsan is offline Find More Posts by Watsan
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:58 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,773 Posts
Have you tried just resting it on one crash bar and going round and round in little circles to pick up speed, then throwing the steering to the other side to make it stand up?
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:23 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,782 Posts
It must be shutting the power off to fall over it sounds like the range on the tx rx is not good the stock radio gear on them can be pretty dodgy.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Have you tried just resting it on one crash bar and going round and round in little circles to pick up speed, then throwing the steering to the other side to make it stand up?

I did a lot of that, actually. The signal holds and throttle responds, however, even with the rider leaning completely in the counter-direction it just doesnt lift.

I can see the antenna was sheared off by the previous owner, however, i tested signal strength with trottle wide open, while on the bike stand. The rider reacted to steering input and the throttle held for an easy 20 feet.
Watsan is offline Find More Posts by Watsan
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Dec 2008
8 Posts
I shall try to make this thing Wifi !!!
Using my phone, though it will just be upping the Voltage to 7.4 using the stock motors. Anything i have to watch out for ? Using a 20A esc that i hope will fit.
iPearl is offline Find More Posts by iPearl
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:27 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post
Using my phone, though it will just be upping the Voltage to 7.4 using the stock motors. Anything i have to watch out for ? Using a 20A esc that i hope will fit.
20Amp ESC ???

I think you don't need even 6Amp esc

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Dec 2008
8 Posts
Well the 20A was cheaper than the 5A O.o at the same size.
iPearl is offline Find More Posts by iPearl
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
Wifi eh? Sounds awesome. Post lots of pics and tips on how to do it incase some of us wanna give it a go! By the way I just tuned back into this thread so I'll have to do some back reading to see if you have already but if not we would appreciate it. Good luck! Def interested in seeing how this works out. Have you seen the wifi helis you can buy at radiosmack and they have an iPhone app to control it? See where I'm going with this?
htmlhuh is offline Find More Posts by htmlhuh
Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:42 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post
If you want to prolong the life of the motors, you could put some 6A silicon rectifier diodes between the ESC and the motor. Each one in series will drop upto about 1V under load (minimum 0.6V). If you want to make sure of the current handling, add another set in parallel with the first set. You should be able to get them for around $1 each, maybe less.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:44 AM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
Hi Guys !
What are the best tyres to use with brushless , direct steering on these ?
I think I read somewhere that some from 1 /12 model kits were used , but what brand ?
Cheers .
Dunc2504
dunc2504 is offline Find More Posts by dunc2504