HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
I was asking how to get it out but I figured it out shortly after. I didn't wanna break anything. I have the Losi 1/36 brushless set up for it and a hitec micro servo to slap in. Just gotta get a rx and order some lipos. Any tips or pages I can read on how to mount everything? I figured the motor out the servo I'm a little confused on I think the esc will fit where I want it as well.
htmlhuh is offline Find More Posts by htmlhuh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:02 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Just go through the early threads loads of stuff in there
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:08 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
887 Posts
i think it was throttle junkie(chris)
put in some detailed pics when he modded his collection of silverlits

a.
ado1974 is offline Find More Posts by ado1974
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:42 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
htmlhuh,

Just click on Thread Tools, on the horizontal blue bar near the top, then on Show Attachments in this Thread so you can browse through all the pictures. There's a link from each one to the post it came from.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Feb 06, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
Hey everyone I hope it's ok if I post this here I have 2 silverlits new in box that I need to sell. Gotta get rid of all my rc stuff I have a ton of bikes. I need the money bad. Make me some reasonable offers. I will also post in the classified ads. I figured this would be the best place for the silverlit since they are a bit hard to get and a tad pricey. I'm not sure if I'm getting rid of my brushless one yet
Old Feb 06, 2012, 06:21 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
Where abouts do you live, htmlhuh? It's good to add that to your profile. I'm guessing at least 3,000 miles from me, so that would rule me out as a customer
Old Feb 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
I live in the US and yeah I need ro update my profile. I have no problem shipping to the UK of any country for that matter. I do a lot of over seas deals and shipping has never really been a problem. The rates from me to you aren't that bad. From you to me is a different story. I think the kyosho yz250 moto cross rider is going to go up for sale as well it kills me to do it but buying a house is more important than collecting rare vintage rc's which I have quite a few of.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Would you take $100 for both?
Johnny314 is offline Find More Posts by Johnny314
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:13 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
I paid about $50 for my Ducati, new. I guess they are collectable now, because they're no longer made, but I'm not a collector in that sense.

I'd quite like a Silverlit Honda, but I'm not in any rush to get one. I don't use the Ducati all that much, and I buy models to use them, not to sit on a shelf - even though that's what they spend most of their time doing
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Hi performance rider for the silverlit

I made a new, lightweight, rider for my 1:8 venom GPV1 (7 gr). I posted a template in the GPV thread, for anyone to print out and make one of their own.
I am now reposting it here.
If you shrink the same template to 66% in the printout, it will be perfect for the silverlit. I had trouble weighing it, my scale starts at 1 gr and refused to show anything.
Before you ask what material I use, try readig the discussion in the gpv thread. My tip is bathspunge.
Using this rider, you will lose the HOR function and have to convert to direct steering but it's intended for HiPerf anyway. There are some serious racers in this forum and this might be another trick to make the silverlit go even faster
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:34 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Lose the HOR that's blasphemy, i will stick with my direct steer HOR silverlit.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
fuzzy drivers are everywhere

Sorry for the blasphemy but I'm not religious that way.

As my driving is limited by snow and cold, my mind needs stimulation.
It seems handicraft is an outlet for frustration, the result of that below.

The picture shows my bikes with fuzzy "Mr Venoman" creations in various materials and sizes. Original stratocell driver sits on the GPV-1. He is trimmed with an iron. The dark one sits on my Kyosho (not HOR) Mk1. This material is some kind of filter foam I found, that needs to be trimmed with scissors. The shape of the hips came out a litte female, I like that.

I wanted to post this picture to show the small 66% "Venoman" in real life mounted on the silverlit, though unshaped.
For comparison, an untouched silverlit honda stands behind it.
For detail, a crude cut man sits in front.
Last edited by z_dad; Feb 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 04:48 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Yeah i was just joking m8, with a bit more paint & detail they would look pretty good.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Yes, that's just the problem, paint don't stick to the polyethylene. It just stays in the pores for a while, then it needs to be touched up again. It will never be a driver for static display but it's very light, 1 gram for 1:12 and 7 grams for 1:8.
Low CG makes the bike drive well and that's my priority.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:38 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
I kind of bought this bike because I like the fact that the rider leaning steers the bike just like the real thing, no direct steering no leaning forks just the guy on the bike mine is brushless and goes well and so scale with the leaning rider, this is why I bought the bike in the first place, no disrespect but your rider dont do it for me but well done for the effort, if its just about performance Mr fuzzy will do
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco