HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2011, 07:17 PM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
Congratulations!

Only question, but the motor is fixed by motor plate in to chassis?
Maylord is offline Find More Posts by Maylord
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2011, 07:32 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,739 Posts
Hi Maylord, the motor is mouted to the chassis by screws, Ado designed the chassis so the losi combo screws in & it makes it so much easier & the twin shocks work great it is so stable.
He is working on a MK-2 chassis as well.

Cheers.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jul 07, 2011, 07:34 PM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
Thanks a lot for you reply!

In previous post i see in the pictures alloy rear forks, is an upgrade by Ado?
Maylord is offline Find More Posts by Maylord
Old Jul 07, 2011, 07:43 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,739 Posts
The alloy swing arm that is on the Ado chassis i made myself with a hacksaw file & a piece of 6mm alloy plate, i will be putting that on later to try, i just wanted to get it up & running with the silverlit gear first, if it turns out to be a good thing when i have refined it i may make some more later.

Cheers.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 06:45 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
892 Posts
nice driving throttle!!!

looks like the extra weight of the plastic panels and rider has helped even more with stability.
have had a busy couple of weeks, and dont think it will let up till at least next week
so the next chassis is still at the drawing stage. i will pm you in the near future to get some more specific feedback

cheers
a

p.s.
glad you liked it
ado1974 is online now Find More Posts by ado1974
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:04 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,739 Posts
Thanks A, the thing is awesome that was 1 battery pack from start to finish i only cut out a couple of crappy bits my cap cam missed i got around 15mins run time with the 360mah but it was its first charge i think they get more after a couple of cycles, i think, but 15mins of flat out fun is good enough for me, you are going to love the 10250kv as well the power is so smooth & the bike is so stable its nice to be able to hammer it down the straight & be so stable, the only crashes i had were from driver error not bike, anything i try i will get video of but im a bit afraid to touch it at the moment its going so good.

You are glad i like it, i dont like it , i love it

Cheers M8.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:40 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,739 Posts
I went to the track today to test shorter crash bars, i went from 30mm long to 20mm, it allowed for a bit tighter turning but was not flexible enough to allow the bearing to sit flat & it was riding on the edge of the bearing & catching on the ground & making the rear end skip in the turns, im going to try 25mm & take of the fuel hose except where the bearing is so it will flex more it also made it harder to start from the crash bar being short, i will just keep trying until i find the right combination of length & flex to get it as low as possible without it skipping or his toes getting scraped like they did.

Cheers
Brushless 1-12 Silverlit RC Motorcycle Direct Steer & Custom Chassis 2.mp4 (5 min 51 sec)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:45 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
154 Posts
After I have had some serious problems wit the steering at high speed, I moved away from the rubber band technology and used spring type control. With the damper to the fork pivot it was always a compromize between agility and damping. With the new control it was the same but since I have added two litle rubber shims to the wire for damping it is quiet good.

Now it is fast and the steering is agil. ...and I am happy...

Cheers

Edit: This Xcelorin ESC, what exacly are the dimensions. I found 31.6 x 25.5 x 16.5mm... seams to be not correct, or?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Bastelpeter is offline Find More Posts by Bastelpeter
Last edited by Bastelpeter; Jul 12, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:48 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
247 Posts
Very nice !!!!
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:11 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
892 Posts
throttle.
looking good
i could run the crashbars short enough that it would scrape the ends of the axles, causing it to skip. it did make it near impossible to start from its side though. the lean angles that the bike will maintain are quite impressive considering what we started with.

bastelpeter
i have had similar issues with the rubber bands.
i found a band that was a little stronger(less stretch) and set it with less tension at straight ahead position, and found a good compromise.
enough control at high speed, and not too twitchy at low speed.
i think to improve it more it may require removing some weight from the wheels, but for now they will remain stock.

cheers
a
ado1974 is online now Find More Posts by ado1974
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:24 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Nice.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:41 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,739 Posts
Ado, scraping the axles ww that is low, im limited buy my riders knees & feet i just have to find a good compromise as i have to have my rider but the bike was stable as ever, i have found no need to change the bands its as solid as a rock at high speed & steers like a dream as you can see in the vid, i even hit one of those lane markers yesterday & it bounced the wheel up into a wheelie & didnt even wobble it has to be the chassis with the twin shocks i still cant believe how stable it is, i have been wanting to try a plastic front wheel for a while now but its hard to find one the right scale i have bought 2 cheap 1/12 static models & the rims are a larger diameter i think the tamiya stuff is the same size but those mini champs are so dear you could nearly buy 2 silverlits for the price of a mini champ.

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:45 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,739 Posts
Bastelpeter, those dimensions on the esc are wrong it is about 31mm x 20mm x 5mm.

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:50 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
That's a cool video Throttle... bike looks it's running real nice... Gotta pull my finger out and make a start on my little bugger now... I want one like that...

p.s I like the crowd cheering in the background... and the crows seem quite impressed too... phhaaarrrkkk phhaaarrrkkk....
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:26 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,739 Posts
Cheers Luke , the bike is running awesome i will get faster with more laps under my belt & with a tx that has epa so i can use the brakes, you will have to get yours up & running you will love it m8, you & Ado & the boys would have a blast racing these around the track you lucky buggers wish i had someone to race with , i will have to teach those foul mouthed crows how to ride a silverlit.