HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:04 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
nice work throttle.

i was thinking of drawing one up and getting it printed in plastic, to elimnate the shock mount issue.....
....but you beat me to it.

it really does look long without the guard over the wheel.

at this rate if we make some forks it wil require a new thread....
...the only silverlit components left will be the wheels and drive gear

cheers
a
ado1974 is offline Find More Posts by ado1974
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:48 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Yeah m8 i thought it turned out ok for a bit of 6mm alloy plate a hacksaw & file but i can now see where i can improve it, but you should draw one up as well as you would be able to include the guard as well, i can mount a guard on mine but i would have to butcher a stock swing arm & screw or glue it on but i want to test it with a stock arm & the alloy arm on the track first to see if there is any difference.

Yeah m8 it dos'nt look much like a silverlit at the moment, but if we can eventually get the body panels to work & the moving rider it will still look like a silverlit.

Cheers m8.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:00 AM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
600 Posts
Nice work throttle m8 looks excellent ! Got crashbars placed should do video soon
Nevped67 is offline Find More Posts by Nevped67
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:47 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Awesome m8, i was wondering if you had got your bike together yet, yeah we want video

Cheers m8.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:25 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
A, i made the shock mount & i think i will be able to mount a guard on it as well, now all i need is some micro thread taps & some screws to mount the shocks to the alloy mount do you know of any good places, i can get the taps from small parts but i have not had a look for the screws yet, & i will also need the screws to mount the motor they don't come with the combo, where did you get yours from A.
I got my receivers today the combos should not be far away

Cheers.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:07 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
i used the screws for a losi micro -t

have a look on ebay for screw sets for the losi micro t or micro sct etc.
the set will have metric screws for aluminium(fine pitch) and plastic (coarse pitch) and will have motor mount screws aswell!

the swingarm looks good. havent had a chance to do more drawings yet... hopefull later this week.

cheers
a
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:13 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
A, i have ordered the screws but i had to get them from oversees, so its going to be another 2 weeks wait, if i can find 2 mounting screws for the motor i could put a stock swing arm on & be up & running as i got my combos today, you got any spare motor mount screws, i could send a set back to you when i get the screws sets or do you know what size they are.

Cheers m8.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:31 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
good to hear your motor and esc arrived... I think I ordered before you did, and I'm still waiting... no biggie though, I got heaps of other stuff keeping me busy at the moment... but still would be nice to have it here...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:42 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Yeah m8 you & Ado ordered before me yours must be close, i wonder if A has got his yet, these things are gunna fly with the 10250kv i did not realize what kv meant being a noob to electrics but i have learned that kv means rpm so 10250 wheel spinning rpm awesome

You getting a new kyosho HOR i read some where, i am so tempted to get one of them but have to many other toys to play with at the moment.

Cheers m8.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:26 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
throttle

it is your lucky day...night...whatever.
the mounting screws are M1.6 (metric coarse)
i did some digging and found another pair.
i will express post them tomorrow.

as for the kv rating... here is some simple math

8750kv = 8250rpm/volt x7.4V = 64750 rpm at the motor.

primary drive ratio =8/36 = 0.2222
final drive ratio =10/34 = 0.29411
over all drive ratio = 0.0653594 x 64750 = 4232rpm at the wheel.

wheel circumference = 50mm x 3.14 = 157mm

157x3990 = 664424mm/minute
=39.86km/hour

substitute in the 10250kv motor and we get
49.15km/hour

of course this all goes to when you start adding in drive losses and motor efficiencies etc.

but an easy 40-45 km/h should be achievable with the faster motor.
but there will be less torque.... so we will see what happens to the acceleration

cheers
a
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:09 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Awesome m8, cheers for that i will send a set back when i get mine, 40 to 45kph that's fast for a little bike i can't wait to try it.

Cheers m8.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:39 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
was going to do some testing today...

...but the netball courts i usually use were covered with about 300 8yo girls...

maybe tomorrow
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:24 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Hey A, for crash bars i was thinking of trying some 2.845mm threaded nylon rod with a nylon dome top nut on the end or if the nut don't work to good i can always fit a small bearing, & i could mount them in the forward side of the swing arm box section, do you think that part of the chassis would be strong enough to mount the bars to m8.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:46 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
A, check this out it looks better with a body on it, im sure you could get the body panels to fit m8, a man of your talent, the seat part of the chassis would have to be flat level with the head set so the body sits level & a bit longer for the seat screw to screw into & the front mount hole on the side fairing you could just extend the neck of the chassis down with a hole through it & run some of that 2.8mm nylon threaded rod straight through the fairing then through the neck of the chassis & out the other side fairing with some nuts to hold it all together the other mount hole on the side fairing just misses the swing arm box section even if you included a mounting position on the box section & just drill a new hole in the fairing would be ok, i reckon i could get them to fit now with a little bit of modding & make some small brackets & screw them to the chassis, but i will wait until i have the motor & stuff fitted first, & the twin shocks fit in there nice too.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:15 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
yeah yeah ...im working on it

it does look good with the honda wheels.

where you are talking for the crashbars, the chassis is fairly thin, but it is worth a try.

i was also thinking maybe some traditional style nylon loop crashbars, made from antenna tube, left over from rc cars.

cheers
a