401 Posts
thanks ado
choook is offline Find More Posts by choook
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:35 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,809 Posts
Hey Ado, guess what just arrived here today, the Ado mk-1 has surfaced it must have done the Australian tour, its a nice little chassis m8 im still waiting on the combo but i will put a front & rear end on & mount the servo while im waiting, awesome

Cheers m8.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:03 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
about ing time

you can always count on australia post to take a casual approach to mail delivery.

USPS-
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

Australia Post-
"did someone say beer-o'clock??"

will be hopefully ordering the next chassis this weekend.... just need to extract a digit and finish some more drawings.

will do a few testing laps on the track at lilydale on sunday if the rain holds off.
and my new shocks arrived, will let you know what they are like after i open the package

cheers
a
ado1974 is offline Find More Posts by ado1974
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:11 AM
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2008
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ado1974 View Post
about ing time

Australia Post-
"did someone say beer-o'clock??"

a
And your problem is
Farque is offline Find More Posts by Farque
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:19 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
its only a problem when it takes 2 weeks for a small parcel to get from melbourne to sydney..
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:26 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
been fitting up the new shocks tonight.

i hope its worth it... have already done 5 oil changes before i found something i was happy with as a starting point.

the std losi micro sct shock, i was running 250 venom(25w) oil, and was thinking of going a little thicker.

the new gpm shocks... which mount very nicely with pivot bushes.
i am up to 3000 in one and 1000 in the other.
the piston is quite different in its flow rate.

matt.
am new to this rc shock thing. if i have gone from 250 to 2000 oill weight to get a similar low speed damping. has that increased or decreased the high speed damping??

cheers
a
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:24 AM
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2008
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ado1974 View Post
matt.
am new to this rc shock thing. if i have gone from 250 to 2000 oill weight to get a similar low speed damping. has that increased or decreased the high speed damping??

cheers
a
I'm not sure, still enjoying "beer o'clock". All I can say is 250 is very light and 2000 seems very heavy. Given the size and weight of the bike and 2000 weight, I think it will be ordinary with the high speed damping as the shock wont be able to respond quick enough.

Just my two bob's worth.
Farque is offline Find More Posts by Farque
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:37 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
thanks matt.

was reading a guide on rc suspension
http://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/r...on-tuning.html

turns out.
going to a larger holed piston(requiring heavier oil), will decrease the high speed damping.
... bad for big jumps, but should be good for the silverlit on a relatively smooth track/surface.

will find out if it works on sunday.

am thinking i might not even bring the 1/5th scale. might just concentrate on testing the 1/12, and run the f1
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:43 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
didnt get much testing done on the weekend...
i took the 1/12 out to the track on sunday, where it got run over by a 1/5th scale
...result... broken rear shock mount(thats the second one)

i CAed it back together, but kept getting a high speed head shake, that would turn into a tank slapper... first time it has shown any instability
will strip it and start again, didnt get enough running to determine if it was caused by the new shocks, so will go back to the old ones till i get it running true again.

and i will try and find a way to make the rear shock mount stronger, even though both breaks occurred under fairly extreme circumstances.

cheers
a

p.s.
chris how is the build going?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:11 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,809 Posts
Hi A, the big boys knocking you around m8 the bully's,

Yeah m8 it might be worth ordering extra mounts next time just to have as spares if they are only breaking under heavy duty crashes or getting run over by a 1/5 maybe you need to try & add a swing arm stop to your next chassis to take the pressure of the mount.

The build is going slow still waiting for combo & receiver but i have had a look to see where i can mount everything, i will probably mount the esc in the same spot as you & mount the micro receiver either beside it or under the servo where it will be more protected, i still may run the moving rider without a body im still not sure yet until i get everything else in, how have you been going with your crash bar set up m8, i got some 5mm nylon rod to make some more for my silverlits & damn that stuff is stiff i ended up drilling a 4mm hole through the center for flex & it still dos'nt flex, so i will have to use the rest of it for my arx bike.
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Jun 20, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:46 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
hey throttle

i have just finished updating the rear shock mount drawing, it should be stronger now.

and i hope i found the tankslap problem. the screw holding the front end in must have taken a severe hit with the 1/5th as well. the front could push back a few degrees and had no lateral stability either.

might get out the CA again and take it for a run tomorrow after work.
i will be ordering a few extra shock mounts with the next chassis.

and i am having a go at making the original fairing fit too. it might not be as bad as i thought.

cheers
a
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:59 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,809 Posts
Awesome m8, i cant wait to get the rest of the stuff for this one & get it up & running, i am also getting a spektrum tx so i will have epa, can you get your brakes to work without locking up using the epa m8.

Cheers.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:18 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
yeah the losi brakes are not the easiest things to sort out.
im sure they work fine on a micro sct with four wheels on the ground.

i ended up with the esc brake set to low.
and the end point for the brake set at 10%!!!... it is almost off, if i set it lower it sometimes wouldnt work at all.

still not brilliant, but worked well enough to brake in a straight line before tipping into corners. trailbraking into corners doesnt end well.

cheers
a
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:22 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,809 Posts
Hey A, here is a couple of top secret pics i smuggled out of the testing facility of a proto part to be tested on your chassis, once it has been fully tested it will be refined & improved.
Just something i have been tinkering with while waiting for the combo & receiver, i am going to try & make a small alloy shock mount that will screw onto the swing arm, it looks like it might work.