HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:44 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Fast bikes, here is the pics of the way i do my control arms & mount the servo that you wanted m8.

Cheers.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2011, 04:04 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
another quick test this afternoon in fading light.

1mm spring steel(piano wire) crashbars, with small nylon tip.
it felt better than the nylon rod, but i thonk that is more a reult of the position change, not as nice as the carbon, but the carbon is too fragile.

it all went to when i ripper the nylon tip off and cartwheeled across the bitumen

broke one tip, lost the other bar completely, and have no drive guess it is time to tear t apart and see how things look on the inside

then back to testing crashbars... i might read edi winters crashbar design guide again

chris
will let you know when the panels arrive.
ado1974 is offline Find More Posts by ado1974
Old Jun 09, 2011, 05:13 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
lack of drive.

the mote mounting screws had worked loose.
a drop of loctite and all is good again.

might try some lighter springs on the rear.
these shocks have several springs available.
3 different rates of linear springs
3rates of progressive
and several manufacturers for springs to suit.

... and found another problem.
i re glued the rubber bands to the triple clamp before todays run, and it looks like the CA wicked into the forks. will free everything up again and try the steel crashbars again.

and i though i was just having a bad day with driving

cheers
a
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:33 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
chris(throttlejunkie)

the panels arrived today
thanks heaps.
looks like australia post get it right sometimes, hope the chassis gets to you soon.

have had a quick look at the panel work. i can sort of make it fit.
...but there will have to be compromises to make it bolt on

would have to run smaller battery
would have to move servo, would limit the number of servos that would be able to fit. almost any 9g servo will fit at the moment(i havent found one that doesnt)

and a lot of hours in front of the computer screen to get the drawings right and probably a couple of attempts to get the exact positions of the original mounts.

it becomes a very tight fit adding the original body, the polycarb body should allow plenty of room for wiring etc.

the more i think about it, the more i am tending to shy away from fitting the original body(as nice as it is).

for now i will make a few small changes that will allow me to revise the chassis to fit the original body at some point in the future.

cheers
a
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:56 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you Chris... Can't get the nylon tube in 5mm, but if that's what you want, or need, I have a fair bit of 6mm bar that I could drill out (for flex) and tap some threads (for mounting)

Even make up some small rollers... Just let me know if I can help at all...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jun 10, 2011, 07:43 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Ado,

They did get there quick, its a bit of a bummer they won't fit but not to worry m8 you might come up with something down the track.
The body you are making is going to be a one piece body & rider is it?, maybe later you could also make a body only, then i could maybe use the rider with it.

Luke,

Thanks for looking m8 , i can't find it anywhere either i was thinking of using 5mm nylon rod but the 6mm would probably be better as the bearings i am using on the end is 5mm I.D. & 8mm O.D. & i would be able to shave down the end where the bearing sits to 5mm & that will act as a bearing stop then i could just put a small screw & washer to hold the bearing on.
They would only have to be 30mm long with a 2mm hole through it, but i like the sound of the rollers how would you make them m8.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 07:53 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Oh i also forgot to mention anyone wanting the spektrum 3500 micro receiver get them from modelsportuk, they are only 38.99 pounds, i just purchased 2 & they ended up being only just over 32 pounds each with postage 4 pounds it only came to $109aud $54.50 each delivered thats like half price of anywhere else

Cheers
Old Jun 11, 2011, 01:41 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
lukey

i got the vac pump today
its one of these

http://213.95.1.150/thomas/web/home....256F72003D5185

let me know when you have some time and i will bring it over and we can work out what else is needed

cheers
a
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:34 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey Adrian... I was talkin to a bloke who does reco and custom dash board molding among other things... And he gave me a few tips to try aswell, so hopefully we'll have half a chance at getting this to work ok... Pretty strapped for free time at the moment though, might be a week or so before I can hook into it...
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:39 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
no probs luke

i have the pump on "loan" till i/we decide its no longer needed, or want to keep it.
might get a chance to do more to the body this weekend

cheers
a
Old Jun 11, 2011, 04:38 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I have my Ducati fairings bogged up and re-shaped too(like the 09/10 shape that Casey Stoner used at Phillip Island 09 )... so we can try a couple of different things...

And this may be of interest to you aswell Chris, coz my set will be body work only, so the standard rider can be used too...
Old Jun 11, 2011, 07:39 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
cool

body work only, and bodywork with rider.
will pm you my number luke.

give me a call if you find some time, and ill come over.

cheers
a
Old Jun 11, 2011, 07:44 AM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
601 Posts
holy hive of activity guys keep on steaming ahead
Nevped67 is offline Find More Posts by Nevped67
Old Jun 11, 2011, 07:52 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Yeah guys body only would be awesome for me , though i would like to have both styles eventually hope you can get it sorted

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 04:10 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
401 Posts
need a little help guys just got a ducati that works! man your right the hor never gets old dose any one know were i can get the honda so i can get some racing going(shut my brother up and whip the kids he he ) thanks
choook is offline Find More Posts by choook