HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2011, 05:25 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,067 Posts
Throttlejunkie is the best

I also want to thank Throttlejunkie (Chris) for his help. It's almost impossible to get Silverlit bikes across the pond (USA) and he has helped me with (B) crystals, extra stock batteries and a transmitter which can use (B) crystals. I have two USA transmitters and both of them have the crystal soldered in.

THANKS CHRIS

Swilson50
aka Stan in Dodge City (Kansas)
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 11:14 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Cheers guy's, not a problem im happy to help.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old May 19, 2011, 06:16 AM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
601 Posts
Good on ya throttle m8 ! Yep throttle is the man for silverlit parts and mods '
Nevped67 is offline Find More Posts by Nevped67
Old May 21, 2011, 05:04 PM
Joined May 2011
4 Posts
Hi my name's Joe and I'm new to the seen of rc motorcycle's. I'm building a silverlit and could use some of your expertise. I need help with the servo and rider mount. I love these lil bikes and I'm hoping to get it running as good as the ones I've seen on here.
fast bikes is offline Find More Posts by fast bikes
Last edited by fast bikes; May 21, 2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: messup
Old May 21, 2011, 09:37 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Hi Joe, what is the problem you are having with the servo rider mount m8.

Cheers
Old May 22, 2011, 05:19 PM
Joined May 2011
4 Posts
Hows it going? I just would like too see how to set it up. I haven't gottin that far yet but I am done with the rest of the bike. I like how you used the rubber band for the direct steering. I'm using the T-Pro SG50 micro servo and I'm not sure if that's a good one or not. Thanks for taking the time to help me.
Last edited by fast bikes; May 22, 2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old May 23, 2011, 02:32 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Ok if you want to know about the arm set up with the servo saver there is a post on page 39 by steve bisco i just copied his design, i will get some pictures together & post them as well, the SG-50 may be a bit tall you may have trouble with the servo horn hitting the underside of the tank you need a servo as small as you can get with as much power you can get, i am now using Hitec HS-35HD nano servo they are very tiny & have 1.1kg of torque
Old May 23, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined May 2011
4 Posts
Ok, thank you. I just ordered the Hitec HS 35HD nano servo. Now I just have to play the waiting game until my parts get here.
Old May 26, 2011, 07:59 PM
Joined May 2011
4 Posts
Ok, I'm back and I got the tiny servo. And damn its small! Never seen a servo that small befor. did you find ball bearing that you can mod to fit?
Old May 26, 2011, 11:28 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
You got that quick, i have some more coming from overseas they should be here any day now, i have heard there are bearings you can use in the wheels but i have not looked into it any further yet.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2011, 08:25 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Ok guy's here is how i fit my motors, once i get the motor in there i put on the pinion off the stock motor the swing arm & main drive gear, to check the gear mesh i remove the plastic cover from inside the battery box, to bring the motor over to mesh properly i have to work the areas with the arrows with the dremel, its because the stock motors are square & these are round i just bevel the edges of the cross braces & dremel clearance in the corners & take out the small brace peice in the middle where the front of the motor sits, & at the back of the motor i dremel a half circle shape in the chassis so the motor sits in straight, from here you have to decide how you are going to mount the motor there is a couple of ways, you can screw them in like some of the other guys have but i just use some old 3/8in ID automotive rubber hose & trim up a couple of pieces & force them in the fit is so tight & the hose centers the motor in the chassis, then i put the stock motor cover on & its done, i just did this one today, i am going to start making the control arms for the rider & direct steer while im waiting for the servos i will take some pics & post them as well.
Old May 28, 2011, 04:01 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
I got the new 360mAh 2S LiPo ... it can be fit in .. but it would need some mods ...
I also got a 200mAh 2S LiPo ... this is looking to fit better ...

Just made a test with 360mAh (without the bottom protection) ... and it is really push much more speed

One quick question ... where can be found stock for decent shipping price in europe this Silverlit ... some friends look interested on it ... I got mine on Conrad ... but they don't stock it anymore ... can't find really in eBay or Amazon too .... look strange

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old May 28, 2011, 08:04 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Yeah i got my 360 as well it is tight in the ducati, it fits the honda perfectly as the honda has a wider battery cover, the bikes are getting harder to get everywhere i have heard silverlit is going to discontinue making both bikes, i have them in stock but the international shipping is a joke.
Old May 30, 2011, 03:27 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
first working prototype of my new chassis debuted today.

a couple of tweaks on the steering bands and it handled better than a lot of 1/5th scale bikes

the pics below will tell most of the story.
crash bar is a temporary fixture for testing. the next generation will have a permanent mount and hopefully body mounts as well.

i am also working on a better arrangement for securing the steering bands, that will also improve the geometry, the setup pictured, again was for testing only.(thanks throttlejunkie... the rubber bands work great)

the losi xcelorin 8750kv setup worked well. the chassis can handle a lot more

i recieved 2 chassis late last week. the secound is on its way to throttlejunkies testing facilities
and hopefully he will keep us all updated on how his is working, and what improvements might be needed.

cheers
a
ado1974 is offline Find More Posts by ado1974
Old May 30, 2011, 03:43 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ado1974 View Post
first working prototype of my new chassis debuted today.

a couple of tweaks on the steering bands and it handled better than a lot of 1/5th scale bikes

the pics below will tell most of the story.
crash bar is a temporary fixture for testing. the next generation will have a permanent mount and hopefully body mounts as well.

i am also working on a better arrangement for securing the steering bands, that will also improve the geometry, the setup pictured, again was for testing only.(thanks throttlejunkie... the rubber bands work great)

the losi xcelorin 8750kv setup worked well. the chassis can handle a lot more

i recieved 2 chassis late last week. the secound is on its way to throttlejunkies testing facilities
and hopefully he will keep us all updated on how his is working, and what improvements might be needed.

cheers
a
You RX is HUGE ... a 1g 2.4gHz RX would have been better

The chassis remember me a custom made from a special shop that deliver 3D "print" from design paper ... that sound something that eventually can order .. right ?

It is looking like you lost the rider moving ... that is the cool factor of the bike ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70