HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:53 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
That was the first run:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Lalain54/...silverz-2_auto
http://www.dailymotion.com/Lalain54/...silverz-14_fun
I have now made some adjust and hope soon be able to run with Mini-Z cars...
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2008, 08:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
75 Posts
The choice of engine has been very good, you have another engine is called "MACHO" Mini-z. You also have the engine of BOATS Mini-z use the same system as the original engine for this bike.

I have a project of the same scale in performance to put the lack of traction as it did not find mails that have toothed or straps that size.

GREETINGS
CLKSPEED
CLKSPEED is offline Find More Posts by CLKSPEED
Old Dec 21, 2008, 01:34 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
How good are the tires on this bike?
Thanks.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:29 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
You have to make yourself for carpet circuits:

In my vidéos, I had a black foam tyre, who's destinatid on a mini-Z carpet circuit.

But on the gymnasium "ground", it was bad, many drag. For this, Tamiya or best: Heller 1/12 kits with good rubber rear tyre are better
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:26 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Well my Silverlit 1/12 came today, its such a nice detailed model, its almost as good as a static kit but it runs! the steering just relies on the weight of the rider moving, not like the Kyosho which have leaning forks as well. Just got one problem is that the rear tire is running out of true, looks like it might of been deformed in the packing or moulded wrong never mind sure I can sort it. The power is a little strange as it comes in with a bit of a bang from a standstill then kind of smooths off and feels very good. So now just got to find some where to run it, will see how it goes before I pull it apart to mod it, so keep the tips coming guys Just a few pics next to my Kyosho 1/8.
Steve
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:09 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,177 Posts
That little 1:12 guy absolutely makes the Kyosho rider look like a giant. I just might have to hunt a Silverlit down for myself.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Dec 24, 2008, 05:09 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
The power is a little strange as it comes in...
Steve
I don't like the big power peak after neutral and use this solution:

I have a new body:

From Newray: 5,99 euros in Toy's R us
Old Dec 24, 2008, 06:15 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain
I don't like the big power peak after neutral and use this solution:

I have a new body:

From Newray: 5,99 euros in Toy's R us
Nice body set, how does that work on the Transmiter ? does it stop it going right back to neutral, kind of keeps the wheel turning thanks for the post
Ps do they sell these bikes in toys are us, or can you just buy the body set? I take it you still have the red rider?
Old Dec 24, 2008, 09:43 AM
Taiwan
Joined Sep 2006
255 Posts
Hi Steve,
Wow your HOR are so Nice!!
Play the small bike more, before you pull it apart.
This is a very durable bike, and different driving feeling.
Irving is offline Find More Posts by Irving
Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:37 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
It's all one bike but not rc:

The price is in France; that's 7 other 8 dollars in the USA ?
With my "little wood" there is no neutral more, always a very little power; that's help for good brake (no fall) and very good proportional power feeling.
And with 1 bike you never need to stop
Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:45 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving
Hi Steve,
Wow your HOR are so Nice!!
Play the small bike more, before you pull it apart.
This is a very durable bike, and different driving feeling.
Thanks Irving, yeah love the Kyoshos, got most of them Mk1 and Mk 2 the leaning rider was so ahead of its time, just building another one for a friend of mine, plus got 2 new in box and one brushless runner. Did you have any problems with the rear tire on the Silverlit Ducati ? mine has been moulded out of shape, been working on it today and got it a lot better by glueing some bike inner tube on to the rim of the tire and then working it back. While the back wheel was out I made some spacers so shim it out so it runs free now, cant wait to run it maybe tomorrow if I can find a nice piece of tarmac.
Steve.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:24 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Got out with the bike today fantastic little bike, ok could do with more speed but very stable with a dab of brake you can turn it on the spot, looks so nice, first bike I have brought home without a mark on it
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:25 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
, ok could do with more speed but very stable...
We all enjoy the first run outdoor
The problem is if you want run races with Mini-z cars indoor; you can have more speed with a little 2s lipo battery (caution polarity !!!). But with only stock HOR version, you can't turn full gas (gyroscopic effect).
Who's had try this easy modification:

?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:33 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Thanks lalain, can you run a 2cell lipo on the stock esc ? and with your steering set up can you still fit rider and tank and seat unit? Both my front and rear tires were moulded wrong so they were running out of true so had to get the wheels off to sort it out, I was surprised at how heavy the wheels were, wonder what they are made of ? still keep all the info coming just had a thought, could you run a little more weight on the rider to help turn it anyone tried it?
Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2008, 02:07 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
It's not easy for me to speak english In school I had learned german.
Yes, you can run a 2cell 200 to 300mA lipo on the stock esc, I have made that with all my 3 bikes
You can work to put tank and seat unit:

Tyres are easy to find (Tamiya, Heller 1/12 kits) or to do with foam: Change it !
"could you run a little more weight on the rider to help turn it anyone tried it?
": Yes, I have tried with add weight in the knees, easy with 4 screws (I use "plomb de pêche" in french). Warning depending of your earth surface if no grip enough.