HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:26 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
38 Posts
nice bike u guys have here..was eyeing on this bike for a long time, had a 1/5 FM1E for almost a year now..

how far can the bike travel before it loses the signal from the TX with the stock radio?

cheers
bobng89 is offline Find More Posts by bobng89
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:19 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
5 sets of cells through the Silverlite today got to say I am very happy with it on the brushless set up !! its so smooth and has doubled the run time, brakes with 80% expo nice, still got to be carefull with them, abs helps a little, saying that you could just run this on a standard radio and it would be fine, just plug and play, this must be the killer set up for the Silverlit trust me try it, easy to fit, you got the speed, double the run time, brakes, and such a smooth motor ! Now I am going to look at the handling, shocks and stuff, got to lose some of the bounce. Here is a few pics of the bike, sorry about the tape but it protects the bodywork as spills at this speed can do a little damage to the paintwork When you think what the standard speed of this bike used to be on 4.8v we have come a long way.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:33 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevped67 View Post
Thats looking real good maybe a light in front later for night missions , maybe u can make the light run with the esc? awesome steve we need a video now with nice smooth surface
I've been looking into the spektrum esc i want to run with my silverlit mod same as steves but with this esc >http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/R....&SubCategory=
Nev, thats the same rx I am running in mine, just take it out of the case its tiny
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:55 PM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
600 Posts
Awesome steve m8! I'm glad i can start to mod soon

The rear shock prob if u get a stronger spring works good i did that with my repsol one and it really stopped the rear end from bouncing too much , also the front shocks work well with the little spacers, it juz drops the front a bit but u can juz adjust the length to suit, Can't wait for ya video !~

thxs m8
Nevped67 is offline Find More Posts by Nevped67
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:53 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
I managed to get the engine detail and exhaust back on the bike today, it is a seperate part that screws on to the inside of the fairing, I ground alot of it away to thin it out and I am so pleased its back on. So now from the outside it looks completely stock a wolf in sheeps clothing, I also got my other 4 sets of cells through the post today from my normal guy in China, I was dissapointed as they were not the same lipos as I always get from him, they were longer and thinner but the fit ok, but and its a big but !! what I did not notice was that the polarity of the plug was different ! and yes you guessed it I plugged it in I was saved as the esc was not switched on but the cells when up like a balloon and are toast but the esc is ok (phew) lucky it was switched off ! Been on to the guy to tell him to warn people that he has changed the polarity of the cells but no answer yet. So be warned always check, I did not because I always got my cells from him and they were always the same, but lesson learned today.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:27 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
I managed to get the engine detail and exhaust back on the bike today, it is a seperate part that screws on to the inside of the fairing, I ground alot of it away to thin it out and I am so pleased its back on. So now from the outside it looks completely stock a wolf in sheeps clothing, I also got my other 4 sets of cells through the post today from my normal guy in China, I was dissapointed as they were not the same lipos as I always get from him, they were longer and thinner but the fit ok, but and its a big but !! what I did not notice was that the polarity of the plug was different ! and yes you guessed it I plugged it in I was saved as the esc was not switched on but the cells when up like a balloon and are toast but the esc is ok (phew) lucky it was switched off ! Been on to the guy to tell him to warn people that he has changed the polarity of the cells but no answer yet. So be warned always check, I did not because I always got my cells from him and they were always the same, but lesson learned today.
hi Steve,
regarding the polarity of the lipo, so long as the red wire on the cell is connected to the red wire on the bike esc, everything should be alright isnt it?
cheers mate
bobng89 is offline Find More Posts by bobng89
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:27 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobng89 View Post
hi Steve,
regarding the polarity of the lipo, so long as the red wire on the cell is connected to the red wire on the bike esc, everything should be alright isnt it?
cheers mate
Yeah your right, but I just took it for granted that because I bought the cells from the same seller the plugs would be the same, like I said I should of checked
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:40 AM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,675 Posts
Need Repsol...

Steve you've inspired me. I'm getting ready to do that brushless setup on mine soon. I've already converted mine twice. First to 900mhz airplane gear and then to real 75mhz car equipment.

I've got a plea for everybody first. I've got 3 of the Ducatis, but I really want one of the Repsols. Is there anybody out there who still has acces to a place to buy one, or has one they're willing to part with?

I bought one on eBay but got a sudden refund last night with a note saying it was out of stock...

Thanks guys,
Dan
Hippo is offline Find More Posts by Hippo
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:41 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Dan, Yeah I know the Honda is hard to find, guys say I am mad to run mine as they are so rare but thats what they are made for. Also the Honda has a bigger battery tray and a lot more detail, I keep looking for more for spares but nothing about, this time last year you could find them on eBay but now nothing, still get on with the conversion, be interested to see how it fits in the Ducati, sounds like you have gone the same route as me with aircraft rx and esc, but the brushless is the way to go, fit and forget
Steve.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:42 AM
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2010
73 Posts
Hi guys, I bought the Silverlit Ducati for my son, and I'm now looking to make a couple mods:
1) use a 2S LiPo (that's easy)
2) switch to Spektrum 2.4GHz, as I believe the stock radio is horrible to say the least

#1 is not really a mod, while #2 is a bit more complicated and I need to look into it carefully. But before I do anything, could someone please explain me how to remove Stoner from the bike??? I gave it a shot but stopped before doing any damage... I couldn't find a way to get his butt off the servo arm...

Thanks!
120ccpm is offline Find More Posts by 120ccpm
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:52 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120ccpm View Post
Hi guys, I bought the Silverlit Ducati for my son, and I'm now looking to make a couple mods:
1) use a 2S LiPo (that's easy)
2) switch to Spektrum 2.4GHz, as I believe the stock radio is horrible to say the least

#1 is not really a mod, while #2 is a bit more complicated and I need to look into it carefully. But before I do anything, could someone please explain me how to remove Stoner from the bike??? I gave it a shot but stopped before doing any damage... I couldn't find a way to get his butt off the servo arm...

Thanks!

Push the body over one side and take one of the screws out holding the bottom half of the body to the top half, move it over to the other side and do the same, you will then see a clip at the bottom, you kind of push this over one way to un hook the top half of the body, you will see what I mean.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:47 PM
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2010
73 Posts
Quote:
Push the body over one side and take one of the screws out holding the bottom half of the body to the top half, move it over to the other side and do the same, you will then see a clip at the bottom, you kind of push this over one way to un hook the top half of the body, you will see what I mean.
Did that... but I saw no clip... I remember a small piece of plastic (black), round on one end (apparently glued to a pin on the body's upper half) and square on the other (apparently locked to the servo arm): I tried to move it but with no luck. Is this one I need to force, or are you talking about a real clip (a metal C clip)?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:01 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
On the upper side of the body at the bottom you will see a black plastic part that locks into the servo arm, it has two lugs on it that locks into the female part on the servo arm, you just have to pinch it together or move one side over to free it, I use a screw driver to just push one side over and off it comes, easy when you done it a few times.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:19 PM
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2010
73 Posts
Quote:
On the upper side of the body at the bottom you will see a black plastic part that locks into the servo arm, it has two lugs on it that locks into the female part on the servo arm, you just have to pinch it together or move one side over to free it, I use a screw driver to just push one side over and off it comes, easy when you done it a few times.
Yep, that's the one I was talking about.. thank you very much, I'll definitely give it a shot.
This Silverlit is a great RC bike, by the way, really well made. Only the quality of the transmitter is really poor in comparison, it looks and feels flimsy... and that "kick" when you first give throttle is very annoying... hence my desire to switch to Spektrum (I hope the "kick" is a feature of the radio, not of the ESC... please don't tell me I'm wrong...).
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:41 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Yep, that's the one I was talking about.. thank you very much, I'll definitely give it a shot.
This Silverlit is a great RC bike, by the way, really well made. Only the quality of the transmitter is really poor in comparison, it looks and feels flimsy... and that "kick" when you first give throttle is very annoying... hence my desire to switch to Spektrum (I hope the "kick" is a feature of the radio, not of the ESC... please don't tell me I'm wrong...).

Yeah your so right, why did they make that tranny with that big kick when you first pulled the trigger, on a 2 cell lipo it was impossible to drive, and yes when you tear the bike down you will find that the frame seems to be made out of some very strong carbon type plastic, so throw away the radio and do your own thing, micro t and specktrum the way to go, you will love this little bike!!