HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2010, 04:51 AM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
601 Posts
Does any 1 know if i can use Spektrum dsm receiver? I have dx3s i want to use this one for silverlit
Nevped67 is offline Find More Posts by Nevped67
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2010, 09:37 AM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
I think the SR3520 fit good in the bike
Maylord is offline Find More Posts by Maylord
Old Nov 04, 2010, 09:40 AM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
And the AR6300

Cheers
Old Nov 05, 2010, 07:53 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
I have the SR 3520 waiting to go in the bike when I get it sorted, it will be very small when you take it out of the case. For now while I am still testing i am still using the Corona Rs410 works well. I have been playing with the abs function on my Futaba 3vc radio and got quite a good setup on the brakes, and I can switch it off to arm it and then switch it back on, knock the atl down and Im ready to go, still have to fine tune it with the trim as there is no nutral point on the esc it kind of goes from slow to brake so the trim has to just be up enough to have the wheel almost turning and with the abs on you can hear he esc beeping on and off. I think this is the best set up I can get with this esc, I ran 5 sets of cells through it last night and the BB motor is still singing and brake still working fine although the brake can lead to crashes on our slipery track so you have to use it wisely. I ran with a friends standard bike last night who just runs on a 2 cell lipo, I could get past him at twice the speed but hard work trying to stop the racing was closer than you would think but sometimes where he would run wide I could brake up the inside and get away, but other times the wheel would lock and I would crash, but great fun, runtime is down must be the brake. Anyway happy with bike as it is I have another one waiting in the wings for the brushless set up :-)
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:23 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Well guys, I just went out and bought the brushless Micro T set up motor is in the bike, I managed to bolt it in ok, now all I got to do is try and fit that esc and specktrum rx, just wired it up to run it and that brake seems a little too strong even with loads of expo and soft brake setting on the esc, still watch this space.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:13 PM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
601 Posts
Hey steve looking good man !~
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:47 AM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
Goood job steve! Put the esc on the other side of esc for balancing the bike and goo!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:21 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,832 Posts
The Xcelorin motor looks like a very good fit, Steve. I'll be interested to hear how it performs. Looks good so far
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:00 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maylord View Post
Goood job steve! Put the esc on the other side of esc for balancing the bike and goo!
Would like to but cant get the fairings on, may have it across the frame Like I did with the brushed one, the sze of the esc is a real pain the Spektrum is very small out of the case should be able to use the plugs on the servo and esc this time, trying to not cut the bike around too much but guess I will have to to get the esc in.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:33 PM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
601 Posts
Would that reciever work with DX3s? Need to know before lol i spend the money
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:39 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Well its all in there I have had to leave off the engine detail and pipe on the side where the esc goes might have to get this back on somehow at a later date. I also have the switch on it as well, plus I can get to the set up button and have managed to keep the plugs on the servo and esc so its a very neat and tidy set up, that spektrum rx is so small out of the case, and one of the best bits it glows in the dark, orange from the rx, and blue from the esc The only down side is that it seems to cog a bit and does not like starting from a stanstill it kind of judders stops and starts then goes has anyone got any Ideas on this ? it will not start on carpet and only just about pulls away on a shiny floor, will go with a push, its like its in to high a gear or the wrong timing on the motor which you can not change, the soft brake settings seem ok but wont know till tomorrow when I give it a work out, must get some ballraces but they are a funny size, just need a little help on the starting problem, its fine when you pick it up, anyway a few pics, and the glow in dark
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:55 PM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
Niiiceee work steve!

Perfect and clean!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maylord View Post
Niiiceee work steve!

Perfect and clean!
Thanks Maylord did you have any problems with the start up ?
Thanks
Steve
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:24 PM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
sorry what do you mean?

for now the work of project is hold .

I will need to search good market place for buy this esc and motor in good price, the shipment for italy not are very economic

do You see the new mod of pascal?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 04:20 AM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
601 Posts
Thats looking real good maybe a light in front later for night missions , maybe u can make the light run with the esc? awesome steve we need a video now with nice smooth surface
I've been looking into the spektrum esc i want to run with my silverlit mod same as steves but with this esc >http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/R....&SubCategory=