SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2009, 11:01 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,763 Posts
The car park visit went well, until the dog walkers started turning up in their 4x4s, spoiling the mood and threatening the life of small motorcyclists.

By the end of four batteries (one stock, three made to fit), I was able to drive it fairly well and do tight figure of eight patterns in the space for parking one car. Like any sort of driving, the trick for turning tight corners is to ease off the throttle as you approach it, then accellerate as you go round it.

The 210mAh batteries I made fit worked well, although they didn't run as long as the Silverlit 220mAh. I guess a slightly smaller battery will always discharge a bit faster than you'd expect, because it will lose voltage quicker trying to drive the same load, plus it has less capacity to begin with.

They may just need some more cycling too. I discharged and charged each one two or three times, but I lost track of where I'd got to in the end. They were plenty good enough, anyway.

Here's the pictures of the extra batteries I folded and taped up to make fit, that I was too lazy to upload last time.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Last edited by Andy2No; Aug 06, 2009 at 12:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2009, 02:42 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No
The car park visit went well, until the dog walkers started turning up in their 4x4s, spoiling the mood and threatening the life of small motorcyclists.

By the end of four batteries (one stock, three made to fit), I was able to drive it fairly well and do tight figure of eight patterns in the space for parking one car. Like any sort of driving, the trick for turning tight corners is to ease off the throttle as you approach it, then accellerate as you go round it.

The 210mAh batteries I made fit worked well, although they didn't run as long as the Silverlit 220mAh. I guess a slightly smaller battery will always discharge a bit faster than you'd expect, because it will lose voltage quicker trying to drive the same load, plus it has less capacity to begin with.

They may just need some more cycling too. I discharged and charged each one two or three times, but I lost track of where I'd got to in the end. They were plenty good enough, anyway.

Here's the pictures of the extra batteries I folded and taped up to make fit, that I was too lazy to upload last time.

you did all that paintwork and they actually came out with a Repsol bike

http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Hogs-Silverl...d=p3286.c0.m14
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Sep 05, 2009, 03:54 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Now that looks nice, will go well with my Ducati, you just got to love these little bikes, if only they did not have that kick when they start up and we could run them with a stick radio.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Sep 05, 2009, 05:24 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,763 Posts
Akura2,

The Repsol one looks nice. My Ducati is just stock though - no painting. All I've done is make up some spare batteries.... I see, it was Sasori28 who made a Repsol one.

steve bisco,

Getting it started is definitely the hard bit. I don't like the little stand, it's too floppy. I had trouble getting the bike on it because it kept bending wider. I thought of stiffening it somehow but in the end I just held the back wheel off the ground while it spun up then gave the bike a gentle push.
Last edited by Andy2No; Sep 05, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:37 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Hi just got back into this little bike, bought the Honda now they look so nice, I am happy with the speed on a 2 cell lipo and handling is ok, I just need to get rid of that surge of power when you come off the power on to the brakes then back on the power and you get a massive power surge on a 2 cell and normally a high side Cant find any other transmitter that will work with the bike, kind of dont want to pull the bike apart too much, is there another rx or esc that would fit?
Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 09:51 AM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,051 Posts
Where can I get the Repsol

I've got the Ducati and it's great on the patio. Can someone point me to the Repsol. I have not seen it advertised.
Thanks
Stan in Dodge City (Kansas)
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:27 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I've been looking for the honda aswell... found some on ebay... search "silverlit" under "toys and hobbies"... and you should find a couple there...

...Luke...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:11 PM
^_^
Geelong, Australia
Joined Mar 2007
12 Posts
I got the Honda from play-asia.com
xXJackXx is offline Find More Posts by xXJackXx
Last edited by xXJackXx; Dec 19, 2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 11:14 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,763 Posts
Steve,

I guess you could make a hack with a largish value electrolytic capacitor across the motor terminals. It wouldn't fit inside the bike but could be hidden in a top box or paniers - one capacitor each side, wired in parallel, for example.

That would average out the pulsed output from the ESC and smooth out sharp changes in the voltage. You'd need a pretty big value capacitor to have a noticeable effect though. I expect it would affect braking too (somehow or other).

I tried that with a brushed ESC I was thinking of putting in a boat once. The capacitor got a bit warm - so you need a fairly chunky one, probably rated for twice the battery voltage. It actually boosted the power to the motor... I'm still not sure why, and I guess that effect would depend on the design of the ESC.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:08 PM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Hi just got back into this little bike, bought the Honda now they look so nice, I am happy with the speed on a 2 cell lipo and handling is ok, I just need to get rid of that surge of power when you come off the power on to the brakes then back on the power and you get a massive power surge on a 2 cell and normally a high side Cant find any other transmitter that will work with the bike, kind of dont want to pull the bike apart too much, is there another rx or esc that would fit?
Thanks.

Hi steve bisco, the original tx is the problem, the customer of silverlit take me some info, and the bike run only with your transmitter, i suggest to change all

put esc and micro receiver for indoor airplane, (any for max5-6gr is good)

The silverlit electronic is bad, the servo have only 16 position and the control not is precise

A good compromise is the mini-z electronic, choise for your run style
Maylord is offline Find More Posts by Maylord
Old Dec 20, 2009, 01:18 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maylord View Post
Hi steve bisco, the original tx is the problem, the customer of silverlit take me some info, and the bike run only with your transmitter, i suggest to change all

put esc and micro receiver for indoor airplane, (any for max5-6gr is good)

The silverlit electronic is bad, the servo have only 16 position and the control not is precise

A good compromise is the mini-z electronic, choise for your run style

Thanks for the reply, but airplane esc have no brakes, I must have smooth brakes and power, can you just buy the mini z electronics on there own.
Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2009, 01:56 PM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
Hi capirex! wow good job!

which is the brand of the body? is by 1:12 new ray?

How to fixed the body in the bike? which esc you use?

congratulations for the sidebar, i thinks run good
Maylord is offline Find More Posts by Maylord
Old Dec 20, 2009, 02:04 PM
Joined Jan 2006
75 Posts
Thank you

I use a electronic mini-z + Body NEWRAY
capirex is offline Find More Posts by capirex
Old Dec 20, 2009, 02:11 PM
Joined Sep 2008
91 Posts
How to fixed? with screws?